Republicans vote kill worker safety rules

I agree on the premise of your argument, but not your example.

Actually, he was much more right than he was wrong. He had a right to be alarmed. We know this because after the Kremlin fell and some KGB files were released, many of those names on McCarthy’s list were confirmed.

Espionage was a huge problem in the Roosevelt and Truman presidencies.

Harry Hopkins was Roosevelt’s closest advisor living in the WH and brought about the Yalta and Potsdam Agreement that heavily favored USSR and made a lifetime of drudgery under Communism for millions in Eastern Europe thanks to those spies, and sloppy Roosevelt for not suspecting or superintending a bit more.

John Stewart Service, John Patton Davies, and Lattimore were spies that caused us to stop military support for ChiangKaiShek against the communists, making him lose and come here to Taiwan, changing the history of Taiwan and China.

Spies were very successful at handing over victories to the communists and have changed and colored the world we live in today.

McCarthy was demonized because his criticisms hit straight to the Democrats. In that sense, the Deep State (Democrats not spies) in every department of government were lined up against him, for fear that past appointments made by sloppy Democrats would turn out to be spies.

Spies handing over victories to the communists…and something blah blah ending it was the democrats fault…load of ole waffle as usual there Jotham.

Broken record and all that.

There is a good chance you won’t find anything. I mean anything, literally anything.
No taxes! A name on many buildings and no billions or even millions.

The way he uses his properties for making money through his function as a president looks very desperate to me.

Already forgot, Obama tapp his phone?
So why didn’t Obama catch an ear infection then?
Sick

Trump isn’t an establishment politician. Hillary for example, planned to be president for many years, and as such, she’s been grooming her record over the years, her donations and charity, to make favorable impressions when she’s “forced” to reveal them. That’s how the establishment work, it’s appearances, and the people are tired of that. Trump hasn’t been grooming his record for president…he’s too busy in the real world making profit, and fighting hard not to pay taxes for it.

Democrats made hay out of Romney’s taxes because they thought it was unfair, not illegal. If you’re worried that Trump is illegal, be assured, it is nothing like that, after all, it’s currently under audit. Democrats want taxes released because they’re just searching for another talking point, and Russia is losing steam.

McCarthy should have just turned over his “list” to the CIA then and saved them the trouble of laboriously tracking down the spies on its own. At least Hamletintaiwan now admits his “list” is a figment of his imagination. Still, twenty years from now when he turns out to be right that the Kremlin did indeed steal the election he can claim belated victory too.

It was more of an FBI thing, not CIA as it was domestic affair. In fact, they had been going to several senators, but no one else would do anything with it, only McCarthy. Roosevelt laughed at the revelations, kinda like Obama with radical Islam.

The FBI (and CIA) are under the executive branch, and when the executive was a Democrat, i.e. Roosevelt and Truman, there wasn’t much the FBI could do with their information, except show it to people, Congress, and hope they could do something, since the president wasn’t.

Also, the FBI got a late start on Russian espionage, because they were concentrated on our enemies of war, Germany and Japan. When they started getting in gear, Truman was afraid the revelations would embarrass him because so many important jobs had spies. So there was definite cover-up.

Lots of people were accused of being commie sympathizers and Kremlin stooges during the red scare of the 1950’s.

[quote]When McCarthy tried to renew his attack, Welch interrupted him:

Senator, may we not drop this? We know he belonged to the Lawyers Guild … Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You’ve done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?
McCarthy tried to ask Welch another question about Fisher, and Welch interrupted:

Mr. McCarthy, I will not discuss this further with you. You have sat within six feet of me and could have asked me about Fred Fisher. You have seen fit to bring it out. And if there is a God in Heaven it will do neither you nor your cause any good. I will not discuss it further. I will not ask Mr. Cohn any more questions. You, Mr. Chairman, may, if you will, call the next witness.
At this, those watching the proceedings broke into applause.[/quote]

He had the right idea, but he didn’t implement it in the smartest way. And both House and Senate committees substantiated most of McCarthy’s charges. But the Executive Branch wasn’t cooperating with Congress to investigate personnel.

The executive became stronger on security issues and secretive on diplomacy and Congress power was dwindling on surveillance over the years. And McCarthy thought the people ought to know to make the President accountable, and it was popular with the people, the nation was listening, it reverberated, which is why it became important to demonize him.

Many of those names, they never were sure were spies all that time until the KGB opened up their files. The Democrats shut down all attempts to investigate, which was the real tragedy of it. But apparently, the revelations did help Eisenhower become President.

http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/50s/theoharis.html

Like I tell Hamletintaiwan, as usual, show us the evidence.

Granted, evidence has fallen out of favor in this age of crazy. Now, instead of applauding Senator Welch for putting his foot down as McCarthy continued to spew innuendo, “secret evidence”, character assassination and non-existent “lists” McCarthy would most likely be the one being applauded.

So it goes.

Well, he had a point, and Fisher was being given access to committee papers and sensitive documents and such and was admittedly a member of the Communist Party. But it was televised for the first time, it was all novel, and Senators were not used to operating that way, obviously some aspects didn’t cross their mind, and it changed how Congress went about business, you couldn’t do it like it was done for 200 years. And so McCarthy in the course of his proceeding was also assassinating the future of a young lawyer for a greater audience watching on live television. Welsh was right that it could have been face-to-face conversation and easily agreed on that Fisher would be out for security sake.

As for Hamlet, I would be more worried about the loose security at the Democrat’s DNC (and Hillary’s own sloppy security on her personal computer) than the Russians.

Blar blar blar…and it was the democrats fault.

Broken record.

Thank you, I went back and checked and found the clip. Hopefully it will stay up.In his section he is discussing globalism. It’s good to see the left actually address the issue.

What he doesn’t do, is say how the West maintains is goal of being the most dominant powers in the world. Because if you do, you get into the geopolitics of trying to marginalize Russias clout by diminishing their source of revenue such as oil and gas by pushing for regime change in Ukraine and Syria, which lead us to civil wars in those places. Or discussing treaties like the TPPA.

There is a very legitimate argument, that allowing BRICS nations to prosper and succeed and yes take a more prominent role in world politics is far better path than trying to suppress them by all means necessary.

The accusers would have to bring it before a judge first. Why wouldn’t they do that? I can think of a possible reason, but you won’t like it.

Anyway, it’s getting close to put up or shut up time.

Not sleeping well?

Please, make sure you get the quotes correctly, otherwise people might think that I am responsible for your rubbish.

You can think as much as you like. Keep thinking!
Any brain can be trained that way, so good luck.

Take a long nap You need it.

Why would I do that, since I decided to join the smartass party and shaking things up here.

I never was for Nato to move farther east. Intimidating Russia could be/is/was very dangerous. We came very close to a nuclear exchange under Ronald Reagan already.
However, our chancellor Merkel, not my favorite, plays along with whatever is suggested.