What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Rockefeller”]
In other news - Better Call Saul keeps getting better![/quote]

Started on that now![/quote]

That third one was pretty contrived lol. Still somewhat compelling. And Mike is in it. Reminds me of breaking bad :slight_smile:[/quote]
Yep! BCS generally takes on a lighter tone but as BB fans, we do on occasion need some badassery to spice things up.

Though I wonder how the sandpiper class action will turn out. Obviously he doesn’t end up a millionaire attorney keeping on the straight and narrow. The thing about prequels is that as audiences we all come in knowing that jimmy mcgill eventually gets into a situation where he needs to become saul goodman. The question then, is not what happens in the end, but why and how. Looking forward to a thrilling journey.

My favorites are the paintball episodes. The Goodfellas spoof was also pretty neat, so was the fake flashback episode.

PS. Six seasons and a movie!

After finishing Breaking Bad I thought that I could hardly find anything that matched it. Then I finally listened to my brother and decided to give it a shot to The Wire. I finished the first season, and well, it was good, but I wasn’t specially motivated to start with the second. Why should I care about ports anyway? I watched it and I really liked it. I decided that it was a very good story, indeed. Third season was like… well, I’m not much into politics anyway, but it has its moments. Of course I had to finish the series at this point. Fourth season was good too. Again I wasn’t specially appealed by the teachers thing, but I really liked it. Season five was a bit over the top sometimes, but not bad at all anyway.

Overall I think that it’s a really well done series. Realistic, well acted, talking about important things, good story that avoid easy “TV tricks” (although sometimes sex is again overused), and… I find myself missing it already. I guess that I’m not the most indicated person to review it since I’m not an Englishit native speaker, so I missed may things I’m afraid (that sublanguage… my nigga’ ). Seriously, I believe that to follow these gangsta conversations would be difficult even for a USA citizen!

I guess that the next is The Soprano and then commit suicide.

Great show, just finished watching for second or third time, I forget. I like the dramas that aim for a more realistic tone compared to the straight-out soap operas like BB. Sopranos is up there for that.

I’m considering to re-watch it with gf, although I’m afraid she would get really lost with the conversations (more than me, I mean), and a bit bored for sometimes it’s slower than the average TV show. Either way, I think that I’m going to start to download The Soprano…

Watched the first couple of episodes of Daredevil on Netflix - Will finish it. Anybody else? And what did you guys think

Season 10 of Supernatural will start April 22 at 9pm in Taiwan

:banana:

[quote=“Icon”]Season 10 of Supernatural will start April 22 at 9pm in Taiwan

[/quote]

I’ve just started season 1 :slight_smile:

I started watching The Blacklist" with James Spader. I am enjoying it quite a bit.

imdb.com/title/tt2741602/

Louie is pretty great so far, on season 1. On short list of comedies I can watch right now

The new Daredevil series is pretty kickass. Don’t have unrealistic expectations, and you should be in for an enjoyable ride. Recommended.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”][quote=“Icon”]Season 10 of Supernatural will start April 22 at 9pm in Taiwan

[/quote]

I’ve just started season 1 :slight_smile:[/quote]

Oh boy. You are in for quite a journey. I inhaled the first 3 seasons in a marathon sitting one CNY. Awesome.

BTW, they started playing Supernatural from season 1 -now on episode 8 I think of season 2- on SyFy, broadcasting in Taiwan at 10pm on Wednesdays. It is also available on Netflix and Amazon and DVD.

As to the new episodes, aside from the usual, ehem, availability out of conventional means, there are teams of fans-translators that upload translated versions with subtitles in Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese and Chinese -at least- within 8 hours of the US broadcast. India is broadcast almost simultaneously with US.

A clever, timely and extremely well acted new series from NetFlix. Great cast all the way down the line to Spit the dog. Ironic that Lily worked for Martin in Sorkin’s West Wing and Sam worked for Jane in Sorkin’s Newsroom. Sorkin not involved with this one, but it’s as fresh and clever and quick-witted as anything he might pen. And Jane Fonda is giving a tour-de-force performance worthy of her name. Catch the hip replacement episode to see what I mean. So if you’ve been searching for your next binge, look no further. NetFlix hits another one outta here.

The GOT season finale felt like a baseball bat in the head every 10 minutes. Now we all know what Sam felt. Can’t say much though without spoilers… Talking about spoilers, check out today’s China Times, 中國時報. Their article about Game of Thrones is illustrated with, well, what I would like to call, “what you did not see in the local broadcast”. I would have expected that from the Apple Daily, but as usual, the local press never ceases to amaze me.

The second season of Tyrant just popped up on my radar. Awesome series.

I enjoyed the 3rd season of Orange is the New Black. Relatively believable and endearing with the characters.

Just started watching Speaking in Tongues, a talk show hosted by John Safran and Father Bob. Looks like good stuff

Watched some Louie season 5 on MOD last few weeks, it’s got a pretty realistic vibe, I like the real life bits more than his brand of comedy. So Im watching it from S1 now too… Recommend. The one where he goes back to dating after his divorce had me in stitches, REAL awkward.

Caught something called The Brinkyesterday on HBO. Looked like something with potential. Alas, while the first episode is catchy, critics say it can’t hold it’s end. Anyways, it might be interesting to some.

Steven Universe!

You my good sir never cease to amaze me. Great show indeed :beer: . And awesome songs, too!

Might I suggest Gravity Falls for your Steven Universe off times - It’s a great animated show starring twin kid detectives, who investigate the paranormal in a small town called Gravity Falls: