What Are You Watching (TV Series, etc.)? :facebook:

I watched Tyrant season 1 and it wasn’t bad. They went pretty light on the culture.

True Detective season 2 really disappointed me. Here it seems Colin Farrel is dead, but it was just riot shells. I was so disappointed. Very slow and yet more of the ghey…

Rick and Morty starts again on July 26th.

I’ve been watching Friends for the first time(yeah, so late to the party) these weeks and finally finished it like two days ago. Such a brilliant show, and PHOEBE IZ DA BEST.

Better late than never! I have had FRIENDS season 1-10 on DVD and save those for rainy days like the ones we’re about to have.

I always watch season 1-2 whenever I’m having a bad day, the episodes in those seasons never fails to cheer me up.

I probably like season 5 the most.

And if we are to rank the six of them, to me it’s:

1. Phoebe
  2. Monica
  3. Ross
  4. Rachel
  5. Chandler
  6. Joey

[quote=“Gain”]I probably like season 5 the most.

1. Phoebe
  2. Monica
  3. Ross
  4. Rachel
  5. Chandler
  6. Joey[/quote]

I can’t really rank them, all of them have different personalities that cannot be compared to the other
However, if I had to pick, Ross is #1. Please refer to “The one where every body finds out” s05e14
He has gone through the most traumatizing events in the 10 seasons. There’s actually too many to list haha
You sometimes wonder if David Schwimmer turns on Ross or everything just comes natural.

If there’s a sitcom hall of fame, that game show episode should be the first inductee.

“…aand scotch tape!”

“…aand scotch tape!”[/quote]

Chanandler Bong.

Chanadler Bong.[/quote]

That’s Ms…Chanandler Bong

Chanadler Bong.[/quote]

That’s Ms…Chanandler Bong[/quote]

Fancy guest! :laughing:

Friends seriously reminds me of Taiwan. Phoenix nights too. “Can you hear me now?”

[quote=“ranlee”][quote=“Gain”]I probably like season 5 the most.

1. Phoebe
  2. Monica
  3. Ross
  4. Rachel
  5. Chandler
  6. Joey[/quote]

I can’t really rank them, all of them have different personalities that cannot be compared to the other
However, if I had to pick, Ross is #1. Please refer to “The one where every body finds out” s05e14
He has gone through the most traumatizing events in the 10 seasons. There’s actually too many to list haha
You sometimes wonder if David Schwimmer turns on Ross or everything just comes natural.[/quote]

I really like season 1 ross, he’s pretty much one of the best. However, this doesn’t mean that I didn’t get a good chuckle or two out of this:
35 Reasons Ross Geller Is The Worst

[quote=“ranlee”][quote=“Gain”]I probably like season 5 the most.

1. Phoebe
  2. Monica
  3. Ross
  4. Rachel
  5. Chandler
  6. Joey[/quote]

You sometimes wonder if David Schwimmer turns on Ross or everything just comes natural.[/quote]
I find Ross really annoying at times, actually I find his personality the least appealing out of the six, his jealousy really got on my nerves, but I place him 3rd cause David Schwimmer was up there as the best actor of this show along with Lisa Kudrow. Ross and Phoebe’s gags were by far the most natural and funniest to me because of them.

And The One Where Everybody Finds Out is my favorite episode ever, but I love Phoebe’s reaction the most, not Ross’s. This moment is just too iconic:

Yes that one’s really good. :roflmao:

[quote=“Gain”]
I find Ross really annoying at times, actually I find his personality the least appealing out of the six, his jealousy really got on my nerves, but I place him 3rd cause David Schwimmer was up there as the best actor of this show along with Lisa Kudrow. Ross and Phoebe’s gags were by far the most natural and funniest to me because of them.[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from with how Ross can be annoying. Again, countless things to list. However, David Schwimmer’s acting chops puts Ross on the top of my list. The emotional roller coaster he goes through every season just makes him a very (annoyingly) diverse character.

That scene cannot be beat. I really like the game show scene, due to how hilarious it is, but nothing compares to this one. I sometimes wonder what the directors told the actors to do in this particular moment. :laughing: :laughing:

Also, I just caught up and finished Game of Thrones season 5

WTF

Schwimmer’s acting chops? Ever seen Apt Pupil? The guy can only play one role.

While I too couldn’t stand Ross and furthermore, with this being the golden age of TV, I can’t believe I am actually wasting keystrokes on discussing Friends, I will give Schwimmer his due for his turn in the first couple of episodes on Band of Brothers.

But Ross…gave me a rash in every scene. What a whiner. So I guess I can appreciate what folks upthread are saying as it is extremely difficult to play negatives. but DS mastered it for 9 seasons…over and over and over and over again and again and again…

Bojack horseman - Personally one of the big sleeper hits of 2014. It’s an animated black comedy about Bojack, an anthropomorphic horse and washed up actor who starred in Horsin’ Around, a hugely popular 90’s sitcom. He now lives in Hollywood as a has-been struggling to make a comeback. It’s a GREAT show that carries a mostly melancholic tone, yet is hilarious and witty at the same time. Stars will arnett (arrested development) and aaron paul (breaking bad), as well as tons of notable guest stars such as stephen colbert, daniel radcliffe, jk simmons, stanley tucci and more.

Recommended.

Does anybody watch orange is the new black? It’s possibly the second best netflix original series that isn’t a marvel property (Daredevil) or animated (BoJack Horseman). Season 3 sees a bounce back from the dark season 2 and packs more comedy in its narrative, which is likely the best direction for the show (i.e. more entertaining).

Speaking of Daredevil, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next marvel/netflix collaboration. What did everybody else think?

This year, I heard “Sense8” is pretty good and popular in the state. This kind of subject is quite new to me.
In the beginning, I thought I would dislike it as I’m not a big fan of sci-fi stuff, but surprisingly, it is quite good. (Only if you can make through the first two episodes. lol)
There are also many nude and sex scenes, so not really the kind of show that I would watch during my break time at work. :blush:
Now I can’t wait the new season of American Horror Stories!

Hand of God,http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3973768/

Great new series from Amazon. Starring Ron Perlman and a plethora of stars from series such as Justified, The Wire, The Shield.

Corrupt judge has a “spiritual awakening” or is it? Good dialogue, some decent plot twists, excellent direction/camera work.

Whole season was released last week, so you can bingewatch. Save it for the weekend, as the show’s style/characters def. encourage drinking/smoking (YMMV).

UJ

Final CSI (the original Las Vegas) will broadcast next Sunday. After 15 years, it’s finally curtains. Enjoyed it al lot.

ew.com/gallery/csi-best-moments