110 vv 220 volt

ok, this sounds a bit weird, but still …

Parents got a great compact coffee machine, which they don’t use anymore. Unfortunately ist uses 220v and the plug is different too.
I think it is running on 110v too and I know I could use an adapter too. My electrical shaver is doing the same.
However, I like to know it it would be possible to change the plug-cable. I mean a local reapair-shop here will open the machine,
(may) permament fix this 220/110v issue and re-attache a tw power cable.
Someone has done this before and7or any technichan people here who are willing to share infos about this matter ?

And of course, I could have less fuss and just purchase a machine here, but for private reasons I just like that thing …

No need to open the machine … just cut the old plug and attach a Taiwan 220V plug … I bought a coffee dripper many years ago in HK and changed the UK style plug for a Taiwan style 220V … see to it that it’s a 220V one, because knowing Taiwanese, they could tell you there is no need to put a 220V one and just put a 110V one.

I have it on the 220V aircon outlet …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]No need to open the machine … just cut the old plug and attach a Taiwan 220V plug … I bought a coffee dripper many years ago in HK and changed the UK style plug for a Taiwan style 220V … see to it that it’s a 220V one, because knowing Taiwanese, they could tell you there is no need to put a 220V one and just put a 110V one.

I have it on the 220V aircon outlet …[/quote]

I had some reservation about this too because in Taiwan it’s 2 110 lines that makes up a 220 volt line… however I am told the equipment doesn’t see the difference.

I am not sure if frequency difference matters since in Europe they use 50hz.

we had this discussion in another thread already … 50/60hz for some electric parts it’s not a problem … for electronics it can be

Get ready for some serious entertainment:

:wink: