2020 USA Presidential Election (Alleged) Vote Fraud

OK, let us know how that goes.

1 Like

I was a little suspicious of this, since it seemed to be a video of a truck delivering stuff, and while that could conceivably mean something, I can think of lots of ways in which it might not, too. Did read that article, looked into it a bit more.

Shane Trejo, a writer for the right-wing website Big League Politics, told the Gateway Pundit that he was at the TCF Center where he said he witnessed thousands of ballots being unloaded early Wednesday morning. “There were at least 50 boxes that I saw unloaded at 3:30 a.m., well after the 8:00 p.m. deadline for ballots to show up.” The 8 p.m. deadline was for voters to return ballots, not for ballots to be delivered to the TCF Center. Trejo has previously made false claims of election fraud in Detroit, prompting Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel to ask Trejo to take down misleading videos he posted.

This would seem to factually counter their main point, I’ll try to confirm it further.

3 Likes

Many cases were tossed due to standing. Others were tossed because there was not any actual evidence provided - see pennsylvania. Courts don’t really allow you to just make random claims and throw out millions of votes while investigating random shit - you gotta come with something. And when pushed came to shove, the Trump cases ended saying, yeah, no, we’re not claiming fraud (because even whacky lawyers like rudy know you can’t just make random shit up in court). And no, rational people don’t think you should check “everything”- there’s too many nutjobs with to many nutjobs claims to do that.

3 Likes

Is this the same fact checker that said AOC wasn’t a hyperbolic idiot?

What fact checking do you need an org to do? You can find reports all over of a 8pm deadline to drop off ballots.

And of course you can go right to the source:

After the ballots are received, of course they have to be processed and validated before being delivered to the counting center.

Jeebus man, when are you guys going to stop believing assertions that just doesn’t prove anything whatsoever, without looking into it at all?

5 Likes

Here is the reality in Michigan

And an appropriate quote

“A lot of our leaders in this country ought to be ashamed of themselves,” said Thomas, the nonpartisan elections guru who kept Michigan’s governing class guessing his political affiliation for the past several decades. “They have propagated this narrative of massive fraud, and it’s simply not true. They’ve leapt from some human error to massive fraud. It’s like a leap to Never Neverland. And people are believing them.”

5 Likes

“This is not some whacked-out fringe,” James said in one taping. “When half the votes in our state believe we just had the most secure election in U.S. history, and the other half believe they were cheated, we have a problem.”

James is right. We do have a problem. Our elections continue to be underfunded. Our election bureaus are chronically understaffed. Our election workers are badly undertrained. Our elections are prone to a significant amount of human error—and any municipal or county clerk will tell you that concerns over not catching those errors keep them up at night.

I skimmed, but this stood out. Credibility has become a huge issue, whether it’s the media, politics, policy or the anonymous very little guy who now has access to social media platforms read by people who can’t really read as well as they can recognize their confirmation biases.

The next paragraph is just as important

But errors are not fraud. And when James says he’s troubled that half of Michigan’s voters feel they were cheated, he would do well to remember that he was the one telling them they got cheated in the first place .

The election systems needs better funding and processes but this line from the article is instructive

There’s a difference between sloppiness and fraud. But you can’t solve one by inventing stories about the other.”

4 Likes

There’s a difference between sloppiness and fraud. But you can’t solve one by inventing stories about the other.”

That has grown increasingly difficult to manage though. That is exactly what seems to be happening in the press, in politics and ultimately in policy. It’s why I pretty much just watch the stock market to gauge how we’re doing as a country, now that the fun of the campaign has passed. Those folks dgaf about fair or unfair, or who sits on the throne. It’s not a stretch of the imagination that other countries primarily watch our economy and defense spending as the rest of what’s happening in America appears absurd. :idunno:

A good breakdown of Trump and the GOP and right-wing media’s efforts to push voter fraud BS:

1 Like

But the video opens up with a legitimate software issue which granted Biden votes instead of Trump — all because someone forgot to “update the software”. You believe this? Even if it was just 1 vote, they need to investigate the entire system, across the country, it’s unacceptable that this could even happen in the first place because it lacked a mere “update”. Ridiculous incompetence, and ridiculous that CNN just glosses over it in a few seconds. If they investigated more cases, how many errors would be found in other states? We will never know of course.

No, because it is factually false. You are not allowed to update software from what was certified in 2016, any update would require re certification with that precise software and only that software would be allowed to run and it must run on a air gapped system. i.e. An update without recertification invalidates the machine.

That’s why there will be valid questions about the software further down the road. Especially the lack of transparency to allow third party inspection of the software, and the software logs.

As for CNN they are trash, the sooner people realize they push for an outcome rather than reporting the news the better.

1 Like

Is that supposed to be a breakdown of fallacies in the video?

I stopped watching after they started talking about updates, You’re not allowed to do an update on FIPS/NIST certificated software (anywhere in the system) unless you go through the process of re certicication.

That either means CNN admits the original certified software was flawed, or they were updating machines with newer software invalidating the certification of the machine.

Anyway, CNN has no problem telling flat out lies when it suits them , the value of their news is next to zero.

1 Like

Just remind me which network cancelled one of their top rated shows, because they’re getting sued for promoting election fraud lies, and we can call it a day.

Was it FOX news or CNN? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re talking about Lou Dobbs, except you are assuming the reason, it could be equally assumed as a pro Trump commentator he was being purged for being pro Trump.

Dominion isn’t going to successfully sue anyone. It’s for show.

2 Likes

“He did not win the day, he won a jail sentence.” Great CNN, you’ve now brought yourself down to the level of the “QAnon Shaman”. Vital reporting as usual there. I want my ten seconds back.

1 Like

Really interesting interview and commentary by Alison Morrow in response to the “shadow campaign” Time article. At 21:36 she does an interview with a Bernie supporter, who became an activist protesting voter fraud after watching his candidate lose the primaries.

2 Likes

“Analysis”, with a byline and a commenter’s picture, is not reporting. Does the NYT stand for everything Brett Stephens or Ross Douthat do?

1 Like