(a) Taiwanese (guy) and money

But I bet he has a much easier time getting a credit card from a Taiwanese bank than us foreign folk do. :grrr:

But I bet he has a much easier time getting a credit card from a Taiwanese bank than us foreign folk do. :grrr:[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … c&&start=0

[quote=“Rascal”]Reminds me of the security guard at our office - he never directly asked what I earn (and I certainly didn’t tell him nor will I ever) but he just assumes I am rich. Virtually everytime I walk by he would make a joke along the line of “You are so rich, you have to give me some money [for lunch, teatime …]”[/quote]I had one like that once upon a time. After many weeks of polite attempts to get him to stop I brought him a plastic bowl with a NT$10 coin in it, walked off and ignored his questions about what it was for. The next day as I walked by I dropped another coin in there and refused to either look him in the eye or answer his questions. And the next day. On Monday the bowl was gone and he pretended I was invisible for the rest of the time he worked in our building… You want to behave like a beggar you better be prepared to be treated like one.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: There’s your witty comeback!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: That will shut him up because he can relate to that.

[quote=“Namahottie”]Focus on that. You never have to appologize for what you have especially if you earned. What you may want to do is learn some classy/graceful ways or witty comebacks about having your own money and it not being given to you. Remember his attitude isn’t under your control.

Best of luck :rainbow:[/quote]

Thanks for that :slight_smile: If I decide to go back there I’ll just keep mentioning how great it must be to earn money for sitting on your ass in a car all day.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“Namahottie”]Focus on that. You never have to appologize for what you have especially if you earned. What you may want to do is learn some classy/graceful ways or witty comebacks about having your own money and it not being given to you. Remember his attitude isn’t under your control.

Best of luck :rainbow:[/quote]

Thanks for that :slight_smile: If I decide to go back there I’ll just keep mentioning how great it must be to earn money for sitting on your ass in a car all day.[/quote] :bravo: :bravo: :roflmao: :roflmao: You learn fast my man. No wonder you left school early.

Does the maths… surely not?! It must be all the shagging that Croatians get up to.

It’s you fault, llary, you should’ve told him how much you really make, then he might have said “Forget about the driving license, I can be your driver!”

Anyhow, now that the damage is already done, don’t forget to tell him about the VIP parties. :wink:

Edit: Wait, I wanted to write something sensible: It might have to do more with your age than with being white. You’re too young! It would be easier for him to accept if you were over 50, balding and overweight.

For my first two years here I politely responded to the “how much money do you make/” question from every stranger I met, with a “Canadians don’t talk about that we find that question rude.”
Even though they would say oh and then ask me again 1 min later I remainded polite.

Now I say “none of your business, how much do you make?” In fact every noisey question gets that reply.

It seems to work. Obviously I piss alot of people off but realistically in three years not one person I’ve met who turnd into a freind later asked that kind of question. So do I care that I am offending people by my replies, not really.

I mean fuck it! it is a rude question here there and everywhere.

Sit back and relax you have earned the right bro

Tash

Missed some of this as it was after office hours :laughing: Wuld have thought 10yrs younger would be ideal for an educated girl of your obvious class…after all women live longer than men, and you did say he was loaded!

You have met me?! When? Where?

Taiwanese businessmen I’ve observed generally just deflect the question with “Naw, I’m not rich at all” and keep deflecting it until the person shuts up.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Tash

Missed some of this as it was after office hours :laughing: Wuld have thought 10yrs younger would be ideal for an educated girl of your obvious class…after all women live longer than men, and you did say he was loaded![/quote]

So I’m loaded now?! Someone could have told me - I would have stopped buying all my clothes for NT$100 at the knock-off markets.

Llary

You are the one who started this thread because 10% of your income qualified you as loaded…stay with the program buddy. I’m sure you’ve been to busy making money to read all of the thread but you should remember the OP? :smiley:

Tash, never met, just trying to be nice on a miserable Tuesday morning.

You wouldn’t be the first loaded tight-ass :wink:

But speaking of older women, younger men, have you read this old thread, llary? [url=Would you date an older woman/younger guy? you date…[/url]

Apart from it being an interesting read for you, if you can stay awake till the end, you

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]Llary

You are the one who started this thread because 10% of your income qualified you as loaded…stay with the program buddy. I’m sure you’ve been to busy making money to read all of the thread but you should remember the OP? :smiley:

Tash, never met, just trying to be nice on a miserable Tuesday morning.[/quote]

I’m sorry, I was far too busy wiping my ass on NT$1,000 bills to pay attention.

[quote=“tash”]You wouldn’t be the first loaded tight-ass :wink:

But speaking of older women, younger men, have you read this old thread, llary? [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/would-you-date-an-older-woman-younger-guy/20546/1 you date…[/url]

Apart from it being an interesting read for you, if you can stay awake till the end, you’ll notice that I have absolutely no intention or desire to date younger men. Nothing personal, dear. It’s about principles.

Anyhoo…This thread is quickly becoming another “llary’s dating experience” thread. :slight_smile:

There’s something about llary that makes us all want to find him a nice girl to date. What is that?[/quote]

I’m not a tight ass. I just like to think of myself has having a set of firm buttocks.

I read that thread before, forgot what it was about and got bored at page 3. Sorry!

PS: of course I make more than the average Taiwanese wage, but since a lot of unskilled Taiwanese workers are taking NT$16,000/month I don’t think that’s quite enough to put me in the millionaire’s club yet.

[quote=“llary”]
PS: of course I make more than the average Taiwanese wage, but since a lot of unskilled Taiwanese workers are taking NT$16,000/month I don’t think that’s quite enough to put me in the millionaire’s club yet.[/quote]

It’s funny what some locals’ perception of “a lot of money” is.

[quote=“citizen k”]
It’s funny what some locals’ perception of “a lot of money” is.[/quote]

What is sad, however, is how little those who usually do bring up the topic do to help themselves to getting more of it. I guess it’s the same in any country. Disparity between the “haves” and “have nots”.

I think you’ll find “a lot of money” = “more money than me”.

I’ve decided to start walking around in a cowboy hat shoutin’ ‘YEEHAW!’ with US$ bills spilling out of my pants while getting up to all manner of rootin’ tootin’ no-good oil-diggin’ mischief.