A Word to The Wiser Single Man About Younger Women in Taiwan

[quote=“Boss Hogg”][quote=“Tomas”][quote=“Boss Hogg”]Wait… Tomas, my wife was under 25 when we got married. That was 3 years ago. So, I don’t really agree with your statement.

The wife is a babe. (happy now honey? Would you like a foot massage?)
:sunglasses: Yeah, sitting beside me.[/quote]

Well Boss, I said most local women under 25, not all women. I’ve no doubt you found the rare exception. I have a few other friends who have as well. My comments are meant as a caution to fellow who don’t realize that the playing field here is, in general, quite different from the one back home.[/quote]

Ok, I am going to reply to this thread seriously now. That will be a welcome change.
In principle I agree with Tomas and indeed playing the field here is, in general, different from back home.

Playing the field western style is frowned upon in most parts of Taiwan. Take her out, pop her cherry, then move on to a new conquest. That is why western men in Taiwan are considered very “se”, dirty and lustful, and some women, althogh attracted to these men, will stay well clear of anything that could lead to any of the bases being got to, let alone scoring a homer.

I have had my fair share of Taiwanese girl friends but I played the game much the same way as the Taiwanese do. So, when I wanted to become involved with my wife her parents had no problem because I already had established a good rep in town and people felt that I did things the right way. It perhaps isn’t really the right way, but it was their way.

Girls in Taiwan are more than a little emotionally naive, in general. I remember my first TW gf was a whole 3-4 years older than me. It was much better than the pickings around my own age. However, even at her age she was still a mess of emotions and very unstable. She wanted to feel like a “small girl” and have the “big man” taking care of everything. Late - always Last minute changes of plans like I call to meet her at our appointed time and “Oh, I decided to go to Taipei, sorry”. Therefore we parted company.

Other girls have a curiousity about foreigners, they like you, well, because you are a foreigner but are not generally interested in forming a relationship with you. Perhaps in private she says she is your gf but in public it’s “oh no, he is just my friend”. What, do they think we don’t understand Chinese or something if it’s not directly spoken at us?

Playing the field too much could led to a lot of problems in Taiwan, I don’t think it’s because they are psycho, I think we just play the relationship game a different way.

Give it time and things usually become easier.[/quote]

Thanks Boss, for a reasonable response.

To clarify, I’ve never been much of a playboy. I prefer long-term relationships. As someone who didn’t grow up here, I simply didn’t understand that younger women, in general, don’t have the emotional maturity to handle an adult relationship. I’ve learned that now.

I’m going to leave forumosa for a few days. When I wrote this original post, I expected either few responses or at least reasonable responses, like the ones posted by ironlady, hexuan, amos, MaPoDoFu, fredericka, almas john, tmwc, Boss, and others. What I didn’t expect was that the self-righteous, arrogant, and wholly underqualified armchair shrinks like Flika and mod lang would jump in and spill their drivel at my expense. I should have known better.

You guys fight it out if you want. I’m too busy for this shit. See you next week.

it on now…

ps liked the bit about “corner monsters”…you could make up a mug sheet for these girls so you could recognise and avoid them when you’re drunk and horny…and of course the converse would apply…a mug sheet for the usual suspects in the hungry foreign wolf department; usually seen patroling the clubs at 3 am for the girl who’s had one tipple over the measure…

[quote=“Tomas”]

You guys fight it out if you want. I’m too busy for this shit. See you next week.[/quote]

Thanks Tomas, the check’s in the mail.

Calm down, Tomas, sweety.

People are just jumping on the bandwagon tactlessly without understanding the vested emotions you have in this situation.
Please calm down or I may have to (ask someone) toss these bits in the flames…oops! I thought it was Open!
:frowning:
Would hate to see them smolder and die there.

I don’t want to argue with you, but this doesn’t describe any Taiwan I know. In the Taiwan I live in, prostitution is widespread in the universities. “Compensated dating” has been imported from Japan. Young women regularly have sex with their boyfriends and live with them; the convenience stores all sell pregnancy tests now and in September the abortion rate spikes as everyone goes back to college. Affairs are common among the married; most of the Taiwanese marriages I have knowledge of are basically sexless, or the sex is totally unfulfilling, leaving both partners in complete frustration.

Further, foreign men are considered “se” because they are foreign, not because they are somehow more callous than local men (who maintain mistresses if at all possible; all the Taiwanese men I know with $$ have at least one, and I know several with more than one). Being “se” is a quality of foreigners in every culture; for some reason humans think other cultures are inferior in every way except for sex, as Michael Crichton once observed.

Vorkosigan

I don’t want to argue with you, but this doesn’t describe any Taiwan I know. In the Taiwan I live in, prostitution is widespread in the universities. “Compensated dating” has been imported from Japan. Young women regularly have sex with their boyfriends and live with them; the convenience stores all sell pregnancy tests now and in September the abortion rate spikes as everyone goes back to college. Affairs are common among the married; most of the Taiwanese marriages I have knowledge of are basically sexless, or the sex is totally unfulfilling, leaving both partners in complete frustration.

Further, foreign men are considered “se” because they are foreign, not because they are somehow more callous than local men (who maintain mistresses if at all possible; all the Taiwanese men I know with $$ have at least one, and I know several with more than one). Being “se” is a quality of foreigners in every culture; for some reason humans think other cultures are inferior in every way except for sex, as Michael Crichton once observed.

Vorkosigan[/quote]

You are also very correct there Vorksi.
Perhaps what I really meant is that Westerners are very “open” about their lifestyle and Taiwanese, although they live that way, are not so “open” and honest about it. So, from this viewpoint western dating values are frowned upon. We look dangerous - :wink:

Sex is something that is talked about less, perhaps done more, but talked about less or refered to in that “you mei you fa xian sheme” way.

So, I agree with you, but I still think that girls that you’d want to date are pretty naive, not the trashy types but even they aren’t exactly stable.

[quote=“Vorkosigan”]
In the Taiwan I live in, prostitution is widespread in the universities, … young women regularly have sex with their boyfriends, … the convenience stores all sell pregnancy tests now and … affairs are common among the married. [/quote]

In a society where women are conditioned to defer to men and hardly dare to resist the demands of males deemed qualified to make sexual advances towards them, there’s sure to be lots of extramarital bonking going on, however much effort may be made to hide it from public view for the sake of maintaining appearances.

Some pieces of advice for single men pursuing Taiwanese women:

*When you’re stunned and carried away by her cuteness, beauty and sexiness, please think twice if she has something more you want than just exterior.

*Don’t just think about getting laid as soon as you can before you get to know her a little bit better. Exchange thoughts (instead of body fluids) first about things, such as why/how her last romantic relationship ends, or how she thinks about relationships, in order to judge if she is mature enough to play the adult game with you. Women younger than 25 are not necessarily inexperienced; likewise, those older than 25 are not necessarily experienced.

*Don’t let her think you’re just taking advantage of her body (unless she knows it well and agrees). Most women find it extremely unbearable and humiliating.

*When you’re not as interested in her as you used to be anymore, don’t lie or make a lot of ridiculous excuses. Or she will think you both still have a chance and therefore, cling to you more. Be firm but gentle in your attitude. Send the message as clear as possible to the extent by which she can understand.

Just my humble opinion. I must admit I don’t understand most Taiwanese women. I’m serious!

Vorks, can you explain more about your comment that there is widespread prostitution on college campuses here. First i heard. where and how is it done? are you sure or just rumor?

read: how do I get in on the action! :laughing:

[quote=“Tomas”]

God, what is it, arrogant, obtuse asshole day? You have described my situation and approach to women with 0% accuracy. You too can take your advice and shove it up your cocky ass. Go somewhere where your so-called advice is appreciated.[/quote]

You’re right, I was being an arrogant, obtuse asshole. I’ve deleted the post.

OK, now I have a moment to respond to this Anna-Wang-on-Steroids post of yours. You said you will be back next week, but I know you’ll be peeking, so here it goes.

[quote=“Tomas”]
That’s it. I try to reason with you, and you continue with your narrow-minded, all-knowing take on this situation. You can go fuck yourself, you arrogant, boorish prick.[/quote]

Not called for. Had you written UNDER-25 Lotharios out there, your warning might have made more sense. I can’t believe a grown man, and presumably a college graduate at that, would need your warning.
Arrogant? Perhaps, but I’ve probably been here a lot longer than you have, I am sure, and speak the language, so I might just know a thing or two about the locals. Boorish? No, I really care about you, that’s why I posted. A prick? A fucking bitch is more like it.

You don’t want my judgment? Then why are you posting on an open forum? My wisdom is not useless. I’ve seen both sides of that scene and gave my opinion on the info you provided.

Watch your fucking filthy little mouth, Tomas. I am so sick of white trash like you. Get off my island.

But at the beginning of your post you say, “learned through experience”. After reading your post, it could be taken hypothetically or from experience.

Hey, I’ve got an idea. How about you date a GROWN WOMAN? Boss Hogg did not find a rare exception, and neither did any of the men that post here who are in happy marriages/relationships. They found themselves grown women. Being grown up is a state of mind, not an age.
But sorry to insult your girlfriend, if I did. I was working on the info you provided, about not having a life of her own, being clingy, etc.

[quote=“Tomas”]
I’m telling you, leave me the fuck alone and go act like God with someone who gives a shit about your opinion. I don’t. If anything, you only convince me of your own lack of level-headedness. [/quote]

You are such a dick. You deserve any happiness that comes your way. I’m not God, but you are fucking with the wrong league. Your “warning” is the cheesiest bunch of sappy, crappy, sensitive 90s man bullshit I have ever seen.

[quote=“Tomas”]
And I’ll say each and every one of these things to your face if I get the chance, you arrogant weasel.[/quote]
I can see it now, Flicka vs. Tomas at Caesar’s Palace.

The older you get, the more you know. The more you mature. Dating or marrying a much younger woman is pure trophy. By definition, a very young person cannot have the wherewithall that an older person has – they simply have not been on this earth long enough to have the richness of experience. If you want to buy a kitten and hope it grows into the cat that you wish to train it to be, fine. But trying that with a person is a whole differnt gamble.
A person who throws their lot in with a significantly younger mate is immature. Or fixated. Or stunted.
This is not new news. Get with the program.

My wife doesn’t read forumosa. The revelations there would not stun her, however. She should know what horny older woman I go with, thank you!

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Tomas”]
I’m telling you, leave me the fuck alone and go act like God with someone who gives a shit about your opinion. I don’t. If anything, you only convince me of your own lack of level-headedness. [/quote]

You are such a dick. You deserve any happiness that comes your way. I’m not God, but you are fucking with the wrong league. Your “warning” is the cheesiest bunch of sappy, crappy, sensitive 90s man bullshit I have ever seen.

[quote=“Tomas”]
And I’ll say each and every one of these things to your face if I get the chance, you arrogant weasel.[/quote]
I can see it now, Flicka vs. Tomas at Caesar’s Palace.[/quote]

This is mixing two threads, but I just had an idea for spicing up ICRT. A weekly show on relationships, with hosts Flicka and Tomas.

[quote=“B.B.”]

*Don’t let her think you’re just taking advantage of her body (unless she knows it well and agrees). Most women find it extremely unbearable and humiliating.
[/quote] What? :shock: I would beg to differ, but then I’m not sure what you mean.

Sound advice. I’ve seen this so many times over the years with my male (lothario) mates and their biggest mistakes are not making a clean break, but rather letting it go on and on and on and on and on…to the point where they involve an entire internet community! Big Babou, if I remember correctly posted something rather similar about six months ago…Wix had one follow him ON HERE!

You remember the old song, “Cruel to be kind” don’t you? :wink:
Many western women are much more likely to just ‘heave ho’, it seems. The psycho xiaojie on the other hand prefers to humiliate herself as some sort of emotional blackmail to try to get the lousy bugger back.
Not that Tomas is a lousy bugger, but …

[quote=“Tomas”]
You can go fuck yourself, you arrogant, boorish prick…My advice to you to is shove it up your ass, once there’s enough room available, because your head seems to be stuck up there pretty permanently… you arrogant weasel.[/quote]
Tomas, it’s for men, too.

“You only want me for my body,” says the young flower to the older horndog.
Isn’t your body part of you? So, isn’t the horndog glorifying you?

[quote=“WarMonkey”][quote=“Tomas”]
You can go fuck yourself, you arrogant, boorish prick…My advice to you to is shove it up your ass, once there’s enough room available, because your head seems to be stuck up there pretty permanently… you arrogant weasel.[/quote]
Tomas, it’s for men, too.[/quote]

And if that doesn’t work, try this.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]“You only want me for my body,” says the young flower to the older horndog.
Isn’t your body part of you? So, isn’t the horndog glorifying you?[/quote]

I think the operative word was “only”.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]A person who throws their lot in with a significantly younger mate is immature. Or fixated. Or stunted.
[/quote]

Or lucky.

:wink: