Adopting a cat in Taipei

https://g.page/mix-cat-coffee?share

By the way, this cat cafe in Sanchong has a bunch of foster cats, so you can go visit, have a relaxing afternoon and get to know the cats.

1 Like

Anyone seen siamese cats for adoption?
Went to neihu, wow many many stray cats , called Banqiao and they said all stray also but we will still go look
Found a perfect boy that Was in a Private shelter but they claimed he was taken already…
so maybe he was one in a million?
Thanks if you have any information

If you wanted specific breeds it may be a little harder. They have pet shops selling them but it’s $$$ and you’re supporting a very cruel trade. But if you see purebreds for adoption it’s likely because it’s too much to handle for the previous owner… however a lot of rich brats will buy some pedigreed kitty and then dump them when they find out it’s more than they bargained for.

I understand clearly about “ puppy mills “ (thats what we call poor breeding practices in usa :us: )
Yes the one siamese was thrown out because he bites hard .

There are puppy mills( or lets say kitten mills ) and then there are good Small Breeding operations , how to find good breeders in Taiwan? Is there no connecting avenues?
Im not a fb person but im trying to search thru a friends account.

my cat bites too, but I can’t throw him out just because of that… I mean I kinda hoped for a female tabby type cat (because those are most affectionate for some reason). But my cat is absolutely murderous to rats and other critters (I keep finding dead critters around) so it’s good to keep around, because my place has a serious rat problem, or had.

I had 3 oriental short hair cats one lived 18 years, they were naughty as fuck.
I was wanting to work with the siamese i found as i knew i could change him. But the lady saw i was a foreigner and changed the cat is available to it taken sorry. Straight up lied .
She worried about following up with me because i don’t speak chinese even she spoke a little English.
The adoption process is unique here? Im not familiar with the vetting .
I understand they want to find a good safe home .

Adoption is a long shot but willing to try, i dont want support shotty business practices, but im willing to buy a nice cat.
I know there are good breeders about Just finding them is a challenge

your best bet is Animals Taiwan or other expat run animal shelters… but finding pedigreed animals is hit or miss.

Have a look at our website.

http://www.crazycat.org.tw/index/index.html

Or visit our location in Xindian, open to the public every day except Saturday.

1 Like

I opened the link, is it all chinese?

Yep, but you could use Chrome translate or call.

Ok, ill call tomorrow.
You think there maybe siamese or oriental short hair’s there?

TBH, I am not familiar with the difference. I know we have plenty of breeds. All breeds get dumped.

Adoption process is strict. There is a form you can check out. Living conditions must meet safety standards. Cats are not allowed outside, for example.

I looked at your site but I only see 4 cats. I tried to click on “more” but nothing happens.

Went to The huge government neihu Animal shelter, they claimed 200-300 cats.
After arriving we counted about 140 and all were domestic stray cats.
Ill call and ask tomorrow if there are any cats other than domestic strays
Thanks for the information

If you have FB, there are more on the FB page.

Zhonghe shelter has about 400. Thing is that not all can be put up at the same location, some are with volunteers for socializing or because of special needs.

Xindian shelter has more cats than we do but location is way out there. Our association is a 5 minute walk from Qizhang station.

Hi, Where can I adopt cute kitten in Tianmu?

How cute?

When can you come and meet our gang?

post removed