Adopting a cat in Taipei

To keep in mind.

2 Likes

Great chart can the tw shelters distribute this?

Taiwanese have lot to learn about animal care especially related to adoption.

My first cat’s “decompress” included a full week of crying loudly in the middle of the night.

1 Like

my cat “decompress” by attacking you…

In that case a cage might be needed for the cat to feel safe and decompress.

I provided a huge cardboard box with a soft cover that she can move in or out, and placed food, water and litter box inside. When she is in there she’d be calm-ish. However, as soon as the lights are turned off, that’s when she used to came out and cry on the top of her lungs. Glad those days were over and I didn’t get reported by my neighbors…

1 Like

Not in Taipei (it’s in Hanoi), but since this story appeared in the Taipei Times, here it goes. : D

Guy

2 Likes

Currently available in Tianmu:

1 Like

Where do I go to get one of the kittens?

Panchiao animal house Is a good place to go.

See a cat take it home same day! No Bs.
Beware taipei city has red tape.

We wasted so so so much time , energy, and emotion before landing in Banciao .

Icon will give you information to find these cats if they arent there please try this great place!!

Good luck

Xindian. Near Qizgang station.

Beixin road section 2 number 78.

Open every day except Tuesday and Saturday.
Can call: 0229103877

Their English is kind of spotty though, depending on who’s there.

Well dear, it gets better in person. Come and have a look. :howyoudoin:

Haha, I’ve been there multiple times to adopt but due to the language barrier it just didn’t pan out. Ended up working with the SPCA.

1 Like

ACT and Mary’s Doggies are also limited Chinese friendly.

Also, Crazy Cat is pretty strict. They have so far had no issues with placement and want to keep that streak.

Which I totally respect. It was just the lack of communication that lead me to go elsewhere. I’m sure someone else with better language skills would find Crazy Cat a great experience. They have great cats there.

1 Like

And well taken care of, with a vet in premises.

No worries, what is important is that you find the kitty love of your life, no matter how.

Hi Icon.
I want to ask you for your help, I want to adopt a kitten but it’s kind of particular what my family wants. I felt you may have friends in this field who can lead me to the shelter who would have this kitten. We would like a young kitten, gray, female fluffy kitten. I don’t mind traveling and I don’t want to adopt from a strict shelter. I don’t mind sending pictures to them after adopting. I’m just not interested in house visits.
I tried to go to Neihu animal shelter but they were closed. I have small children so when they see animals they want to take it home immediately, which makes it a little hard when you walk into a entire shelter. I’d really appreciate any leads.

Dont go to neihu its sad…
I just went on a long hunt for a kitten and just posted my advice to some looking for kitten especially a take home same day.
Take a look its here in this thread.

Icon is a cat god,but unfortunately for me the icon advice didnt help me. This is just my opinion and its not to anger anyone.

Calling before if you can speak chinese, or get a friend to call for you ( ask if they have fluffy gray kittens)
When i was there many many kittens, some so young …Some 4 months…

Neihu, Zhonghe, Taoyuan, Taichung…all shelters are depressing.

Anyways, keep a look on the websites. I’d advise you pick the kitten…and then take it to the kids or arrange them to pick the one you selected. Best of luck.