Adopting a cat in Taipei

Any updates on your search?

4 Likes

Oh he’s wearing gloves and booties. Cutie. :heart_eyes:

Cool! Tell where you got the kitty And how was the process

He’s so freaking cute!
My friend found him in a tree. Which he had been in all night, crying, and she brought him home. I went to her house and saw him and fell in love. He wasn’t a good fit for her family because she already has two adult cats. She asked if I wanted him, jokingly, and I agreed. She had no idea I’ve been looking for a kitten for months. In short, universe brought me a kitten. :joy:
Best part about this is that I’m allergic to American cats but for some reason Taiwan cats have almost zero affect on me.

2 Likes

Guys this fellow was attacked by a dog. Now he is fine but needs a home. Please consider adopting Oreo, he’ll love you endlessly.

1 Like

Kittens currently available for adoption in Tianmu

4 Likes

I’m looking to adopt a cat (preferably female) with a snuggly personality and is accustomed to humans… so far al the people I’ve approached have already adopted them out!

1 Like

ACT Rescue, Crazy Cat in Xindian, Taiwan SPCA, to name just a few.

Come to Tianmu and have a look. All still available.

Or Xindian’s Crazy Cat.

Where exactly in Tianmu?

1 Like

Dr. Yang’s Animal Hospital, Zhongshan road, section 6, number 368.

Olive, Socks, Sonny are waiting for you.

2 Likes

Celebrate White Valentine’s day by choosing the love of your life: adoption event ongoing at Bitan, under the bridge.

1 Like

House panther available for adoption in Xindian. Fully vaccinated/chipped.

3 Likes

Is he still available? How comfortable is he living in a fixed room ?

Well, there will be a sort of inspection for safety if you are interested in adopting. By general rule, no cat is given to someone who will keep the feline confined say in a crate. But safety is also an issue, no windows from which they can jump and become flying projectiles, for example. Windows from which they can see the world are necessary, but no suicide balconies.

What else does this entail?

I filled out a long form for adoption from ACT. You needed to include background of animals owned and the nearest vet clinic, etc. They said that they didn’t have any animals ready to adopt but I could ‘make a donation’ that would put me on some sort of list that sounded…a bit scammish.

I mentioned this to somebody who had been involved with SPCA who said to stay far away from the other place and they had adoptions available but they liked to ‘drop in’ periodically to be sure that people are home with the animals and to do walk throughs of the place from time to time which also sounded…off. I mean, do people really expect that you remain home with a cat 24/7? I think it would be odd to open the door on a random morning and have somebody declare they are walking through your apartment to confirm they approve of…whatever they are looking for.

I assume local shelters are better bets? I’m coming to understand why people buy from pet shops.

1 Like

Our animals have already been through a lot. Plus we give you a medically checked, vaccinated, dewormed and desexed animal. Also trained as far as we can. You won’t get that from a pet store.

It is not as if we are going to burst in at 5am, get real. There are better things to do. But there may be a random call just to check what’s up. Our animals come with a guarantee: any problem, just give them back to us. But we also have plenty of experience with psychos and irresponsible owners. We don’t want that to happen.

And it is like 2500 NTD from an association vs 30k at a pet shop without follow up service. The adoption fee is a guarantee you can afford to feed the animal, at least.