After I stopped returning her calls, this is what happened

No, that’s the most palatable answer you’ve heard, not the best.

The best answer so far was to get the hell out of Dodge, but apparently you’re committed to the exceptionally wise idea of getting hunted down by a group of bloodthirsty young men equipped with a variety of weapons and the idea that they are avenging a woman’s/their country’s honor. Add to this the super idea of threatening to bring the law into this and making the shame this girl feels public for her family and friends to witness, which will probably convince her father/brothers/uncles/cousins/random male relatives to join the fun of beating you into a bloody mess.

The least you could do to help your cause is to open a torch and pitchfork stand and try to make a little profit off of the angry mob as they chase you through the streets.

[quote=“skoster”]
The best answer so far was to get the hell out of Dodge, but apparently you’re committed to the exceptionally wise idea of getting hunted down by a group of bloodthirsty young men equipped with a variety of weapons and the idea that they are avenging a woman’s/their country’s honor. Add to this the super idea of threatening to bring the law into this and making the shame this girl feels public for her family and friends to witness, which will probably convince her father/brothers/uncles/cousins/random male relatives to join the fun of beating you into a bloody mess.[/quote]

Who wants to upset/alter their life for something so trivial? Just let the whole thing slide since, if she did this with/to you, it’s only a matter of time before she tries the same trick with another unsuspecting target. Then the bf will have someone else to hate on.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“skoster”]
The best answer so far was to get the hell out of Dodge, but apparently you’re committed to the exceptionally wise idea of getting hunted down by a group of bloodthirsty young men equipped with a variety of weapons and the idea that they are avenging a woman’s/their country’s honor. Add to this the super idea of threatening to bring the law into this and making the shame this girl feels public for her family and friends to witness, which will probably convince her father/brothers/uncles/cousins/random male relatives to join the fun of beating you into a bloody mess.[/quote]

Who wants to upset/alter their life for something so trivial? Just let the whole thing slide since, if she did this with/to you, it’s only a matter of time before she tries the same trick with another unsuspecting target. Then the bf will have someone else to hate on.[/quote]

Ah, but unless next time it’s yet another Joe Bag o’ Side by Side with cargo short pockets filled with TaiPi to sneak into the Monkey, NanPengYo Ah Huang (©HGC) won’t have anywhere near such an easy time rounding up a posse with their sawed off gas pipes…

[quote=“freakkaerf”]Thanks again for all the help guys, it looks like the best answers so far were, record a conversation with her and me about the situation ( unless she sticks by her lie ), but at that point I can sue her for defamation of character or a false accusation as my friends have heard this rumor already.

I don’t think I will bang her and get it on tap as I think I could end up in a world of trouble on that one.

Keep the ideas coming please.[/quote]
Look chap, all due respect, but if these guys are really after you, then start taking this way more seriously. In a one on one fight with 99% of the Ah Huangs’s you should have no problem; providing you are a big sized yank with an atititude. However, it is not going to happen like that. Taiwanese coming to beat you will do so in large numbers, and rush you. When they do so they will get into that mob mentality and beat you to a bloody mess. Mike Tyson or Brock Lesnar would not survive against ten guys with lead pipes or tyre irons; no matter how nerdish they appear.
Be very careful going out after dark and arm yourself with a weapon that cannot be deemed carried for the premeditated purpose of Ah Huang self defense. Perhaps pretend that you hurt your leg and for a few weeks and carry a big bull dog headed walking stick made of solid oak or such like. If you have something like a walking stick you can at least manage a running retreat and block some of those shots while making your exit. Other posters will mock this message but threats of violence by angry mobs in Taiwan is to be taken seriously. Move out or arm up.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of your situation I’d hate to see you on TV like that Dutch guy in Tai Chung.
Most posters would suggest you move out or lie very low. I guess you may not do either, so think taking serious precatuions

Fenlander’s right. There are stories on here if you search around about foreigners getting “battered tae fuck” (thanks Sandman) and it happened to someone I knew as well (interestingly, at one of the places named in a story on here, IIRC). The only reasons he didn’t end up dead are:

1. the first beer bottle he was whacked in the head with exploded (as an engineer, his first thought was relief that it had shattered, expending its energy, otherwise it would have shattered his skull instead)
    and 2. he ran like the wind (former quarterbacker, insanely fast runner) and didn’t look back.

[quote=“fenlander”][quote=“freakkaerf”]Thanks again for all the help guys, it looks like the best answers so far were, record a conversation with her and me about the situation ( unless she sticks by her lie ), but at that point I can sue her for defamation of character or a false accusation as my friends have heard this rumor already.

I don’t think I will bang her and get it on tap as I think I could end up in a world of trouble on that one.

Keep the ideas coming please.[/quote]
Look chap, all due respect, but if these guys are really after you, then start taking this way more seriously. In a one on one fight with 99% of the Ah Huangs’s you should have no problem; providing you are a big sized yank with an atititude. However, it is not going to happen like that. Taiwanese coming to beat you will do so in large numbers, and rush you. When they do so they will get into that mob mentality and beat you to a bloody mess. Mike Tyson or Brock Lesnar would not survive against ten guys with lead pipes or tyre irons; no matter how nerdish they appear.
Be very careful going out after dark and arm yourself with a weapon that cannot be deemed carried for the premeditated purpose of Ah Huang self defense. Perhaps pretend that you hurt your leg and for a few weeks and carry a big bull dog headed walking stick made of solid oak or such like. If you have something like a walking stick you can at least manage a running retreat and block some of those shots while making your exit. Other posters will mock this message but threats of violence by angry mobs in Taiwan is to be taken seriously. Move out or arm up.
Whatever the rights or wrongs of your situation I’d hate to see you on TV like that Dutch guy in Taichung.
Most posters would suggest you move out or lie very low. I guess you may not do either, so think taking serious precatuions[/quote]

:thumbsup: He ain’t lyin’!!

[quote=“the chief”]
Ah, but unless next time it’s yet another Joe Bag o’ Side by Side with cargo short pockets filled with TaiPi to sneak into the Monkey, NanPengYo Ah Huang (©HGC) won’t have anywhere near such an easy time rounding up a posse with their sawed off gas pipes…[/quote]

You of course are right. And the gf is surely very well aware of this and will likely abide accordingly.

Oooh, man this is certainly a bad situation. Looks like you let your pecker pick a peck of trouble.

Lay low, always be with friends, the carrying around a cane might be a good idea…but things can ALWAYS be taken and used against you. Honestly? I’d freaking move. Youre not on your home turf, youre an outsider. You know you didnt really do anything wrong, but people arent going to really care, they will just paint it as youre some randomass foreigner who banged one of Taiwan’s own. Honestly, in that instance, I feel like any genuine sanity or reason goes out the window.

Back in homecountry whereveritmightbe, dont you think your men end up getting rather riled about “Them furriners takin’ our womens and our jobs?” I think its just a deep seated notion, no one is gonna be on your side in this case. I would just move.

And really, the deed is done so I’m not yelling at you here, OP, but as a general statement…I know there are some really hot Taiwanese women running around and normally people dont get into too much trouble with their sexual endevours and the like…but man, seriously, this is a culture that you may be not a part of, sex is such a serious topic, and women “losing face”, their pride, dignity, rumors about them…bad shit can happen. They can get into a lot of trouble themselves or they can just get their feelings hurt and they will ALWAYS ALWAYS have the upper hand on you. This is their town, and if you piss them off honestly you can be shit outta luck. I’m sure its fun to chase tail but youre on foreign turf here, you never know what youre gonna catch, you dont have the sensitivity to the cultural nuances that you have in your own country. Honestly, you just arent wired to pick up the signals and the messages because you not only dont speak the language, but even if you do speak Mandarin, you dont speak the language. You meet a girl back home, youre not just talking to her and learning about her based on what she says…theres something totally mental going on, you read people. Here, its much harder nay impossible to do unless you really really know the culture. So she could be a TOTAL nut, and honestly, how are you really gonna know? Or she could be actually saying something and you might be thinking shes saying something else…and there you go. Problems. I would spend copious amounts of time getting to really know girls and not making any serious moves if you wanna date natives…because honestly, how are people gonna see it? I feel like the natives are just gonna see you as some white (or just foreign) dog who’s trying to get with their women. Then, youre f*****, and not pleasantly.

I think you have to marry her.

[quote=“freakkaerf”]I am going to cut out a few of the details in this story, but pretty much I met a girl and her friend at a bar. A few weeks later this girl and her friend came over to my house and hung out with me and my roommate. One thing led to another and me and my roommate separated. Me into my bedroom, and him into his. pg-13 until my pants were removed and then ummm…yes. no sex but lets just say she is no bulimic. We then went back out into the common room, and finished the movie. When the movie was finished my roommate was still in his room, so I invited the young lady back into my room and we proceeded to have sex. skipping some more details, a few hours later, both of the girls left and that was that.

Over the next few weeks I got a few phone calls from the girl but I was not to interested as A) I was told she wasn’t that into me and B) she had a boyfriend. mixing it in with C) I just didn’t like her too much. But she did keep calling and did go out of her way to say hi to me when ever she saw me at the bars or clubs. A few months passed and nothing, a few more, and nothing…to tell you the truth, I never even thought about this girl until I heard an ugly rumor from a guy I know that I forced a girl to get drunk and have sex. I laughed as I thought my buddy was just messing with me. However after talking to him a little bit longer he assured me he was serious and that the girl was really angry and telling her inner circle of friends the other night. However she said that she would not press charges as she was too embarrassed…obviously because it was a made up story.

The story took a turn for the worse when her current boyfriend ( a local boy and his friends ) heard the story and decided that I should be punished. ie get beaten down in a bad way. On top of that, I don’t even know who this guy is or who his friends are so I can’t really avoid them. I was also told this person knows the law and is hoping to catch me solo and then claim that I assaulted him, and that is why him and his friends jumped it to take me down. ( is what they want to say to the cops )

Dilemma lies here. He is Taiwanese and apparently very emotional and can’t even speak English so me trying

A) tell him the truth, making his woman look like a Ho getting him more upset as it will come out terribly with my Chinese.
B) tell him the truth in a nice way and say, it was before you met and I think your woman is lying as that didn’t go on at all. And hope he accepts ( which is was told he won’t )
C) get in his face for spreading false rumors ( this is what I would have done back home cause really its a f#%king huge insult to be called a rapist! ) but that will play into his hand perfectly as the cops would love to take down a crazy foreigner.

Any advice as besides avoiding everyone in Taiwan? PS…I have already rung her and she just hung up in shock saying she said no such thing, called her friend who is on my side but won’t get involved as she has her own dramas and she was cheating on her boyfriend that night so can’t say anything.

And before people say I did do anything wrong. I solemnly swear on my life, my sisters life, my parents life and anyone else close to me that I 1000% did not do anything wrong besides allow her to please me and then put on a condom and had a sex with a girl ( mostly on the bottom too )[/quote]

Are you joking? :laughing: maybe I’m just too old for fly guy stories. How old are you ?

Firstable, you’re lucky she isn’t married. Her husband could sue you for adultery.

Anyway, you don’t need to explain anything. The boyfriend sounds like a peewee biytch (with friends) that likes to bite. You just need to watch your back when you go out alone. If he’s a real big-shot wise guy, he’ll talk to you and be friends after he give you a serious arse beating. If he’s really the peewee biytch that you said he is, then you can hope to catch him alone in a dark alley some day after he kicked your b-tt, and return the favor. If you miss your chances, don’t worry little biytch like them will eventually get their arse kicked by bigger fly guys. it’s all karma.

to think positively, maybe she just wanted to scare you off because she didn’t like the sex.

:laughing: thanks for the comedy. be nice.

You guys think too much. Not every guy in Taiwan is a gangster. Most aren’t. Mostly they’re molly-coddled, never-had-a-callous boys who still live with their mothers. Find out who you’re dealing with. If the guy in question is insignificant, as I suspect, then you don’t have to do anything. If the guy IS a liumang, then you’ll need to be careful, but like I said, that’s unlikely.

thanks for the correction. “liumang” is the word. I wonder where I heard “fly guy”, canton? :slight_smile:

there’s nothing you can do about it really, except don’t sleep with females you barely know (and have no intention to marry) or eat oysters that were let to fry under the sun too long ( to infer the analogy from another forum thread ) .

+1. A lot of the guys I knew in Taiwan were like that. This guy is probably carrying his girlfriends purse now while she browses the Hello Kitty store.

But a lot of the girls in Taiwan like that kind of guy. Go figure eh? :smiley: (fortunately not all)

+1. A lot of the guys I knew in Taiwan were like that. This guy is probably carrying his girlfriends purse now while she browses the Hello Kitty store.

But a lot of the girls in Taiwan like that kind of guy. Go figure eh? :smiley: (fortunately not all)[/quote]

Who wouldn’t like somebody carrying your bags around all the time?

The OP hasn’t showed up in a while. Arent we all worried…

But a lot of the girls in Taiwan like that kind of guy. Go figure eh? :smiley: (fortunately not all)[/quote]

Who wouldn’t like somebody carrying your bags around all the time? [/quote]

True :sunglasses:
But I think I would feel pretty useless as person to always want someone to do something for me. If a girl asked a typical western guy about carrying her bag, I can tell you what the response would be 99% of the time.

Who wouldn’t like somebody carrying your bags around all the time? [/quote]

True :sunglasses:
But I think I would feel pretty useless as person to always want someone to do something for me. If a girl asked a typical western guy about carrying her bag, I can tell you what the response would be 99% of the time.[/quote]

I don’t think they ask guys to carry their bags. What if you run off with their money? j/k

But its more likely the guys offer to carry their bags, as a way to please them. You know like after taking your sweethart to graduation prom you take off your blazer and lay it over a wet puddle so your girl can walk over it.

Worried about what? He’s probably following advice and laying low by shagging a new lass. I doubt he has anything to really worry about.[/quote]

True. I’m just being cautiously sarcastic…

Tell us. I think the normal response would be sure if the bag was heavy or she needed a free hand. If fact other than a purse most guys would offer to carry a bag for a woman.

If a new girlfriend asked you to carry her purse around all day most western guys would grumble and say nothing. I would say the third time she asked the guy would make a big fuss and the girl not understanding would react with anger.

Tell us. I think the normal response would be sure if the bag was heavy or she needed a free hand. If fact other than a purse most guys would offer to carry a bag for a woman.

If a new girlfriend asked you to carry her purse around all day most western guys would grumble and say nothing. I would say the third time she asked the guy would make a big fuss and the girl not understanding would react with anger.[/quote]
Is this pre scoring or post scoring? If pre scoring then yes if post scoring then no :roflmao:

Just joking by the way :thumbsup:

If a new girlfriend asked you to carry her purse around all day most western guys would grumble and say nothing. I would say the third time she asked the guy would make a big fuss and the girl not understanding would react with anger.[/quote]
Is this pre scoring or post scoring? If pre scoring then yes if post scoring then no :roflmao:

Just joking by the way :thumbsup:[/quote]

I’d say pre- and the early-days-of -scoring. :laughing: