✈ Airlines | Eva Air

In particular when u don’t pay the full price for it😂

1 Like

My meal tonight Narita to Taipei (Vegi-Hindu), main dish was very spicy for an airplane dish

Christmas Pink Seat covers

View out the lounge with ANA’s AB380

In Hawaii the same aircraft (I did not fly ANA, flew local Hawaiian)

Much warmer than 3 weeks ago than in Vilnius

2 Likes

That looks like a nice Indian meal.

It was good, one thing new to me was the Jelly which is common in Japan but not like this with some celery in it and seems no sugar. (I thought it was a desert haha)

With border restrictions now almost completely lifted, EVA will be ramping up their service in May, with the number of North American flights to some of its major US ports of entry (LAX, SFO, and ORD) expected to match pre-COVID levels.

Guy

1 Like

Indeed in May BR is doubling the Milan service with 4x flights a week. Looking forward to daily service, but flights are always full, so it might be a short wait!

1 Like

Last Wednesday I was travelling with EVA air into Taiwan.
Used online check in to get the frontmost row (no. 20)
There was a delay (1 hour ish) due to bad weather.

But after boarding the plane I just realized that I got premium economy seat instead of normal economy seat. Mind you you gotta pay 30$ to buy the “extra legroom” seat via EVA mobile and around extra 50$ to buy the premium economy ticket.

Makes me wonder if you must buy the premium economy ticket if you want those extra inches while some random dude with economy ticket can get one for free. :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

What currency are you referring to here?

If it’s NTD, sign me up! :grin:

Guy

Front row and emergency exit seats always have extra legroom, provided you are happy with assisting the crew if the plane goes down. Premium economy usually means slightly better food too.

Last year I got a flight from London to Budapest for £5 (180 NTD) and was upgraded to the emergency exit seats for free!

Sadly it’s in USD else I’m going premium eco every flight :joy:

1 Like

Yeas it’s kinda confusing why charge extra for front row if you gonna give it free.

However when you select that particular seat during check in you get premium economy seat for free instead.

Makes me wonder should I book premium eco for interpacific flight next year

Some EVA flights have premium economy seats due to the equipment being used but they’re not actually premium class, sometimes you get lucky!

1 Like

Maybe they were trying to do something nice after being an hour late.

I like the nicer seats, I don’t care about extra service.

Yes, on some short flights, the PE Seats may well be sold as Economy. Happened to me a few years ago on Cathay from Seoul to Taipei.

Pre-COVID, depending on which day of the week you flew, premium economy seats were USD100 or cheaper than regular economy. Of course, you could also get round trip premium economy for 800USD or less at non-peak times, which is like a third of what I’ve been seeing for EVA steerage class flights now.

To where?

Guy

TPE to ORD and back. Chinese New Year, random dates in July and August.

That’s not off peak, that sounds pretty peak season to me.

It’s also way cheaper than the fares I’m seeing to destinations in Canada. :rant:

Guy

Yeah but that was pre COVID. And there were much pricier rates in those same time periods. It depended on the day of the week. Anything to NA on EVA is around 2,000USD round trip, regular economy, as far as I’ve seen

EVA get top 20 ranking at #18th best, I like Qantas which is 5th best