✈ Airlines | Eva Air

When I saw Hainan and China southern I knew it was BS… And Lufthansa that high???

Clearly paid content tbh.

2 Likes

Hello, do you know what form I need to fill out for an unaccompanied minor (2 years old), do I need to have it notarized, or do I need to sign it in front of the desk before the flight? Or what are the requirements do I need to prepare?
Thank you

It seems 2 year old is young to travel alone
https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/fly-prepare/special-assistance-and-inquiry/unaccompanied-minors/

Had a very pleasant flight experience recently on my short journey to London.

As some may know, there is no direct flight to London with Eva, always requiring a stop in Bangkok. I had then the chance to try the lovely Eva Air lounge in BKK, which imo is better than any lounge Eva has in TPE (maybe besides the Garden, but that’s only for Diamond members). Decent food choices both Chinese and Thai, beer on tap, decent bar for liquor, showers and lovely views on the apron (bloody TPE only let you see inside the terminal, feels quite sad).

If Eva can make right their stupid app/website and the lounges, it would be really up there with the best airlines, since the inflight service is top-notch, it’s safe and the planes are good. Heck, even managed to sleep on the leg LHR-TPE in economy given the seat is quite comfy.

4 Likes

As forumosans booking flights recently will know, ticket prices out of Taiwan are often painfully expensive. For EVA flights, fares are reportedly on average 50% higher than last year! Meanwhile the airline’s profits have surged to NT$4.49 billion in Q1, apparently an all-time record.

Source: EVA ticket prices surge 50 percent - Taipei Times

Guy

1 Like

At least. Even when there are comparable flights much cheaper.

Heard other Star Alliance group airlines like United are also making changes to increase price and decrease benefits.

You can still find deals on United flights—ex-TPE much more so than on EVA—though yes the recent devaluation of their points has gotten a lot of attention!

Guy

1 Like

This is not good

1 Like

I concur with @Andrew0409
My wife and I always choose one of each and then share everything. Occasionally there’s a dessert or something that’s meh, but it’s never low quality, (just personal preference).

As long as they don’t make contact in the air.

Still, two planes in the same runway is a big no no. Of course, in the air would be much, much worse, but this is the kind of thing that should not happen.

Per the news
Part of the wing of the Thai Airways plane looks to be broken, and what appears to be fragments can be seen near the runway.

No one hurt. But I guess their blood pressure ain’t down yet.

Now, why Japan? Understaffed after COVID, not ready for surge in air travel? Japan of all places, not well organized?

EVA was parked. Thai went in. Pum!

Edit:
Live map here:

1 Like

Scary!!!

Drunk pilot showing up for work drunk was allowed to fly 3 hours later.

Just because no other pilot was available.

Eva Airlines regularly rated as one of the top airlines in the world but this is b*******.

1 Like

now Eva won’t have any drunk pilots for a year or so as it ups safety protocols, lol

1 Like

That guy was flying cargo.

That guy seems to have also quit before facing the music in a company review.

It seems clear however that outport staff (in this case in New York) were not following company protocols.

It’s been a steady change of company culture there since its no-nonsense start in the 1990s—and in terms of safety culture, not for the better. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

A public service announcement: EVA has announced that “On Nov 5th the @EVAAirUS Hello Kitty plane will start flying from [Taipei to Chicago] every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.”

If you wish to avoid being surrounded by Hello Kitty fanatics, please do take care to avoid these flights. You have been warned! :grin:

Source: https://twitter.com/christinelu/status/1695449259662016964

Guy

5 Likes

I’ve flown that flight (or the one that was around before 2020 anyway). It’s very pink, but no one appeared to be a “fanatic”, more just like “oh this is interesting”. It’s a different experience, like being at a theme park. Even the carrot on top of my rice was cut into a Hello Kitty bow tie shape.

2 Likes

I see. So you are actually one of “them” now. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

I have flown on one of these too. Yeah, it’s interesting, but personally I would not choose this again if I had a choice in advance.

2 Likes

Me too, on a flight from NRT, my wife enjoyed it much more than me, I was more interested in the NH star wars flights or the now defunct JL Pokémon ones…

2 Likes

Nobody told me you pay for seat assignment now. Talk about sticker shock. Nearly 1000 NTD. :dizzy_face:

It’s EVA, not a low cost airline! :rant:

5 Likes