✈ Airlines | EVA Air

Yep, only silver card status or higher can choose for free. Don’t appreciate that at all…

I failed to do it and my twelve year old daughter and I got separated. That was a first.

I understand not taking it. I mean, the price is extortion. Literally. I am considering how much I need an aisle seat.

The seat map so far is weird: the whole back of the plane is booked solid. I mean, five or six rows from the back, all taken. Then open spaces…and a reserved middle seat in a sea of nothing. Who books a middle seat? Did they insult their travel agent?

Bulkheads taken makes me suspicious of kids. But tail? Group booking? Weird.

If they’ve realised they can make an additional 1000 or so per punter because they’re prepared to pay it, they’ll be figuring out how to maximise it. Oh well, additional cost from now on.

The middle seats will miraculously become available at a later date.

This might mean the flight is actually not currently fully booked.

When is online check-in—48 hours before your flight? If I got this right, then be at your computer on the minute to check in at that time and try to grab an aisle.

Guy

If you’re headed to LAX, how about trying Starlux next time?

I’d give those new guys a go without hesitation!

Guy

Those who do not pay the fee get automatically assigned shitty seats in the back and middle. Incentive to pay up :howyoudoin:
Similar concept with less desirable seats in cinemas, stadiums.

Well, u don’t actually need to select a seat until check-in, and if I can recollect correctly, u can select seats at check-in for free, with some exceptions

Then you get a crappy seat and run the small risk of getting bumped off.

unlikely on BR, never heard of it tbh.

as long as it’s an aisle seat, I’m happy, there are many, always got the seat I wanted.

You’re unlikely to get one. My recent experience has been fully booked flights.

Now I am getting messages of “automated check in is now open to apply”. I am not a Native speaker but the phrase sounds weird and I do not understand.

Basically it means, even if it is 2 days before the departure (check in standard opening) you can fill in all Ur info beforehands, once the check in opens, you r automatically checked in

But, but…I already filled in my info. :woozy_face:

Or does it mean I can reserve my seat for free now? :rofl:

PS

Nope, not free yet. But it is filling up fast.

They have “preferred” seats for over a 1000 and “regular” seats at 650. :noway:

They r grifters for that

Isn’t it just that if you don’t select a seat you’re willing to pay for the system assigns one for you?

Probably in the middle of two people or something like that, to punish you for not letting them rip you off.

I know. Prospects are not good.

Moreover it is a charge both ways. That means 2000 more to the airfare. I’d rather they charge it included already. This ain’t “freedom of choice”, me thinks.

In my experience, booking “premium economy” with EVA is worth the money. You can select your seat and change seats/meals until 48 hours before the flight departs. The extra leg room on long flights is worth every penny. Business class looks great too, but it is MUCH more expensive. I try to book at least 3 months in advance, so I’m not sure if the value for money is the same with later bookings.

Good luck!!

Well, I booked over a month ago. Agent only mentioned I could choose my seat in the app. Forgot to disclose the money detail. And I checked the ticket printout. It says nothing there about extra charges.

Although the APP is annoying, if you use your booking number to sign in, it seems that changes can be made up to the last 48 hours or so. You might need to reset the password (because these APPs are so clunky and obtuse).

My flight was changed by less than ten minutes, but they asked me to register again …I was URGENTLY on the phone for over an hour, but no human answered. I left an angry message and they called me quite quickly.

Takeaway is that IF you get a human on the phone (or deal with the humans at 桃園機場) you should be able to resolve issues easily. Fingers crossed!!