✈ Airlines | EVA Air

This is the APP I used.

It’s the official and only one, easier if u sign up for the free mileagelands programme with them, so every time u book a flight with them (or any star alliance airline) I get miles and the flights to automatically linked to Ur profile and stay in the memory of the app and I can manage all the things (provided to log in on the app ofc).

BR app is quite shite though, laggy, buggy and not really “advanced”

Meanwhile on Eva Airways . . .

Guy

Whoever is willing to go for a twice weekly 6:25 am departure out of TPE (that means check in around 4:30 am!!!) for tourism to Ehime Prefecture is a tougher tourist than I am. I am amazed there is a market for this kind of brutal schedule. :neutral_face:

Guy

Must be the “3,000-year-old Dogo Onsen”.

If they’re going to go by the first date somebody noticed some bubbling hot water then hell they’re a lot more older Onsen than that in the world. Taiwan probably has some.

I mean it’s a long haul onwards to Kyoto to see the real s*** cherry blossoms.

Let me repeat: a 4:30 am check-in time for a tourist destination. It’s not like the market for this flight are Taiwanese businessmen trying to fly off to their factory towns at the crack of dawn . . .

If this route with this schedule is a success, then Taiwanese must love Japan even more than I had thought.

Guy

Finally folks managed to get into the most exlcusive lounge at tpe for BR: the garden. Normally only for diamond members, but little knows perk for amex BR plat card is that if u fly J, u can access it. Very discrete and understated. Good selection of à la carte food served to ur table and nice full service bar. But, the piece de resistance is the shower, largest suite I’ve ever been

Only decent lounge in TPE so far

well folks, just got back from a very much needed holiday back home in Italy, flew BR in business class (thanks miles) out to CDG and then back from AMS via BKK. First time trying their B777 J class, and a few notes:

  1. the seats are “tired”, nothing broken, just old design and features, a refresher to match the incredible quality of their B789s is much in need. In particular the IFE is the most dated piece, really need to be revamped (especially the content offering)

  2. service is always top-notch, albeit “colder” than European airlines (had 2 impressive flights below 2 hrs on continental J class with AF and KL, the seats r shite but service and catering make it up) it’s incredibly efficient, polite and effective. Offering PJs in J is a really nice touch so rare nowadays and helps to elevate the experience, I do really feel pampered in the air with BR

  3. catering is always good, never had a bad meal on BR on flights above 2 hrs. Only area where they really need to improve is the wine list. 2 whites and 2 reds don’t cut it for the price, and the quality not even that good. Even the champagne not a good one, spirits r ok (Johnny Walker Blue Label and Kavalan r on offer, plenty for me). If I am to pay full price for a return ticket (~6K USD for the route I took), I want some decent stuff, and the wine on offer is just laughable

  4. again, lounges… BR can’t make it right besides the BKK lounge. Even the Garden lounge, which is only for diamond members or passengers in J with the Amex BR Platinum card/Cathay United Supreme infinite BR card, is an average lounge at best, nowhere near the CX lounge in Taipei (imho the best lounge in TPE, not a difficult task anyways). Also the lounge chosen in AMS, Aspire lounge, mediocre. Had to pay 19 EUR to shower, as a J passenger on a 6K USD ticket! They r taking the piss

Never tried CI J (although I plan to in the future, when miles will allow me haha), and the only experience with JX in regional J was actually better for the whole experience from KUL (better drinks, very good food, newer seats and enthusiastic crew). We r lucky in TW with 3 airlines of this quality, prices r high but we do get (almost always) reliable service.

Now I just hope BR’s plan to introduce PY on their B789s goes ahead as promised, went to their Milan’s office (in a super fancy central street in downtown Milan) and chatted with the staff there. The request is incredible for PY, so it just makes sense for them to cut some Y space on an already small plane. And charging an average of 90k+NT per return flight in PY, they won’t be losing money.

I’ve yet to encounter a good lounge in Europe. They did open a new One world lounge in AMS im hoping is better next time I go to Amsterdam.

I actually flew with ITA for the first time from bologna to Rome and to AMS. The tickets for “business” class was decent but my god the seats and lounges feel ancient.

There r a few good ones in Europe. Concorde room at LHR, first class terminal at FRA and LH first class lounge at MUC, la premier lounge at CDG and actually KLM crown lounges at AMS r not too bad. Will finally be able to try united club and air canada lounge at LHR coming nov.

It’s managed by aspire and next to the lounge I went. Hope they run it better than the main aspire lounge, but AMS really never stop letting me down for that… infrastructure and transit is very good, but services and facitilities r shite

Fisticuffs in the skies as an EVA flight made its way from TPE to SFO. Exemplary performance by the flight crew to break it up without getting punched. I imagine these two fellows will not be flying on BR again any time soon.

Guy

Professionalism

Apparently airlines often have a shared secret black list. It’s illegal to share client information but I’ve heard people in the industry mention it’s done between some airlines.

stewardesses

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You will note I used “flight crew” in my post.

EDIT: And yes, I agree with @hannes that CNA in Singapore could update its language here.

Guy

They r very old style

As this is the “top” lounge at EVA’s homebase I would say its not very good. Best part about it is the bathrooms and the fact that’s its usually very quiet. its pretty sad when flying to USA there are now much better lounges in both LAX and SFO than this one.

Amex Centurion card holders can get in as well.

Yes, didn’t say it’s amazing, just said understated, quiet. Underwhelming for a flagship lounge at the main Hub.

But far from a bad lounge. The full service bar was a nice touch, table service was decent, the shower suite very large (albeit only one …).

I need to fly from HCM to Taipei for a day in July.

I haven’t flown EVA or China airlines in a while. Which of these would you guys pick for a short haul flight in business class? Price is about the same.

China airlines