Alabama born ISIS bride wants to return to US

Is this why Belgium produces jihadis in such large numbers? :thinking:

1 Like

Probably. They’re going to logically target soft targets. The more liberal a nation the easier it is.

2 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t have produced them.
Most of these people entered Syria illegally; why should Syria be stuck with them? If the countries that they come from are not going to take responsibility for them, then presumably they have no objection if Syria just takes them to the nearest border and says “you’re free to go wherever you want; just don’t come back”.

I didn’t produce them.

I agree that Syria shouldn’t be stuck with them. The nation they are from should be responsible. That is what I have consistently argued.

1 Like

The problem is that most of second generation or third generation immigrants do badly at school, don’t get enough job opportunities. They get stuck and radicalize.

Why is that?

Religion, language, cultural differences.

But to be fair, it’s a minority, but large enough.

For second and third generation immigrants? Sounds like an assimilation problem.

2 Likes

I seem to recall this photo caused a lot of people in the EU to kneejerk jump to “Let them all in,” without truly examining the consequences.

And now here we are with this unheard of political and logistical problem. Let them back and bio/gps/tiny explosive chip them for life? I mean, how do you trust someone who willingly joined a murderous Army set on raining down fire across the earth?

I really do not know the answer, but for this American chick in question and her kid, bring them back. They’re our problem. And if anyone high up bitches, then they can do their actual job and reboot the necessary laws and policies.

Yes, drones were invented for precisely this reason.

Their kids should die too?

They have already forsaken their families, but their families should be free to renounce their citizenship and join them in the ISIS camp.

Not ideally, but shit happens. She put them in that environment.

I’d prefer that she didn’t make any more important decisions that affected her kid. Being all tough guy seems silly. This one woman is not a threat. Don’t think droning her is the best path forward. :smoker:

Who knows? Perhaps her plan is to get back on the US to convert others or do some kind of bomb attack.

Not worth the risk. She made her bed.

1 Like

In which case the same applies to ISIS members from other countries. No dumping them on the borders of the country of their origin.

It’s all been an enormous foreseeable cock-up. Somebody has to take responsibility and I think it’s fair that it’s the ISIS member’s country of origin.

1 Like

I’d prefer to not give any ideologue that kind of power.

Better kill the kid too, like Switch suggests. She may have sewn a bomb inside the baby, so just to be on the safe side…

It’s like Old Testament diplomacy.