Alleycat's the Chat Thread (Part IV)

I took my lovely wife to Alleycat’s (Neihu) last night (Sunday).

I was happy to see that the place was doing well, customer-wise. What’s more, they seem to have the foreign market sewn up.

We were sitting in the in-between bit (between inside and outside). At one stage a couple came up and had a look. My Chinese is CRAP, but even I understood “Hun duoa waigwaren” (excuse my sad excuse for phonetic Chinese. Maybe someone can re-write that correctly.)

The food, service and setting were all great, and we had a very nice time.

Tried saying hello to Alan (Mr.Alleycat), but apparently he couldn’t come out cos he had no clothes on (!) :astonished:

P.S. The was a massive table FULL of foreigners just as soon as you go through the door. Seemed to be someone’s birthday. Were any of you there?

[quote=“irishstu”]I took my lovely wife to Alleycat’s (Neihu) last night (Sunday).

I was happy to see that the place was doing well, customer-wise. What’s more, they seem to have the foreign market sewn up.

We were sitting in the in-between bit (between inside and outside). At one stage a couple came up and had a look. My Chinese is CRAP, but even I understood “Hun duoa waigwaren” (excuse my sad excuse for phonetic Chinese. Maybe someone can re-write that correctly.)

The food, service and setting were all great, and we had a very nice time.

Tried saying hello to Alan (Mr.Alleycat), but apparently he couldn’t come out cos he had no clothes on (!) :astonished:

P.S. The was a massive table FULL of foreigners just as soon as you go through the door. Seemed to be someone’s birthday. Were any of you there?[/quote]

Mrs Alleycat and I were married 5 years yesterday.

Couldn’t wait. :smiling_imp:

[quote]Mrs Alleycat and I were married 5 years yesterday.
[/quote]
Hey! Congratulations to a fine pair.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Alleycat! Wishing you both the best!!

Hi,

I went to Alleycat’s last night. Ordered and ate a great pizza. Enjoyed myself with my company in the fresh air. It was wonderful! The place was actually pretty full of customers, so it must be a good idea economically as well.

While oven baked pizza can be had in several different establishments in Taipei, I particularly appreciated the “create your own pizza” option that allowed me to select ingredients at Alleycat’s. I’d encourage anyone to give it a try!

Thanks to Alleycat for squeezing out a little space/time for those of us who appreciate eating and enjoying good company in clean air. :bravo:

Seeker4

[quote=“seeker4”]Hi,

I went to Alleycat’s last night. Ordered and ate a great pizza. Enjoyed myself with my company in the fresh air. It was wonderful! The place was actually pretty full of customers, so it must be a good idea economically as well.

While oven baked pizza can be had in several different establishments in Taipei, I particularly appreciated the “create your own pizza” option that allowed me to select ingredients at Alleycat’s. I’d encourage anyone to give it a try!

Thanks to Alleycat for squeezing out a little space/time for those of us who appreciate eating and enjoying good company in clean air. :bravo:

Seeker4[/quote]

This pleasure is all ours. Thanks!

I stopped in Alleycat’s Mon. eve around 8, and lo and behold, there were three other Forumosans there. So we had not only good food, but good company! I particularly enjoyed the Greek Salad, and Loretta’s new lingerie style. This could become addictive…

I had intended to come down - the token smoker in a no-smoking zone and all that - but the bad feeling in the ‘thoughts about smoking’ thread put me off, sorry.

Glad you all enjoyed the clean air :slight_smile:

Next time we will burn a smoker in effigy.

I still haven’t heard anything about that soup … :s

I’ll be your effigy anytime :wink:

Outside, of course.

I had intended to come down - the token smoker in a no-smoking zone and all that - but the bad feeling in the ‘thoughts about smoking’ thread put me off, sorry.

Glad you all enjoyed the clean air :slight_smile:[/quote]

Roach, my good man, I doubt there’d be a problem if you brought along the clips also. There’d be a lot of tokin’ around with happy faces :smiley:

Is Alleycats Neihu open for lunchtime?

No.

I was gonna go to Alleycat’s on Monday, so I called them up to make sure they are open and they said its smoke-free night. I didn’t go for that reason alone, I need my cancer stick while eatting. :laughing:

Not yet. Working on it. Stay tuned, could be sooner than you think. :slight_smile:

Not yet. Working on it. Stay tuned, could be sooner than you think. :slight_smile:[/quote]9 AM ?

Another great smokeless Monday. That four sausage pizza is a work of art.
I learned how to pronounce Irishstu’s screen name. Looks just like his avatar too.

Ha! I look about as much like my avatar as you do :stuck_out_tongue:

It was nice to meet you and several others, richard. :smiley: