Angostura Bitters

Where might I buy a small bottle of Angostura bitters or some equivalent thereof, hopefully in or near Gongguan area of Taipei? I’m a poor drinker, but a carbonated mineral water with a dash of bitters is refreshing - another option for cafes when nothing on the menu really appeals but Perrier is on the list.

I find it on rare occasion at some high end liquor stores like the one in breeze. Otherwise I hand carry-in. If you see it, buy it all.

Try a ginger ale with a splash of it over ice.

Carry-in is just what I was referring to, yes, so where is this street “Breeze” located actually? I’ll try the suggestion. Thanks

Breeze Center Supermarket is at the basement of Breeze Center, the big shopping mall on Fuxing S. Road between Civic Blvd. and Bade Rd.

The liquor department is at the back.

They recently had a selection of Fee Bros. Bitters.

Excellent, thank you - looking forward to trying Fee Brothers…Angostura is all I’ve ever known.

I know this was posted a long time ago! - But just so you know. Angostura should be freely and more widely available in Taiwan!

Someone should run for office on this platform.

Give me Angostura or give me Death!

2 Likes

Whoops! What I meant to say was it is now!
Angostura will actually have an event in Taipei on Tuesday in a bar called Marquee! Hope to see you there!

Bumping this thread: are there places in Taipei where we can currently buy Angostura or other bitters?

I’m currently in Canada and I’ve got a vague interest in making cocktails for myself in Taiwan and I’m wondering what else I should add to the already bulging suitcases.

There are other older threads on this, mostly suggesting Breeze, but I don’t know if that information still holds true:

1 Like

I know a place in Kaohsiung that has pretty much everything. A place I discovered by doing a Google search for Angostura bitters. I can’t help with Taipei but let me know if there’s something you can’t find

1 Like

I previously bought them at the Breeze Super in the Nanshan building. I believe you can also get them at 洋酒城 or 買酒網.

1 Like

Chinese name:

安格斯特拉

or

安哥斯圖娜

https://enjoyit999.com/product/1425

I have purchased from enjoyit999. They are legit.

2 Likes