Any female users on here?

Fakebook? That’s been for grandparents since like the 2010’s! :grandpa:

Y’aint litty enough to instatok? :dark_sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m afraid that joke might be lost on @Hapadoge. (No it’s not the heteropatriarchy part or the 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓 part, just the “female” part.)

Men in their 70s don’t really do that.

Boys club, it’s a boy club.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Ngr-2v6aM

2 Likes

Forumosa, obviously!

For the last few months, I was quite inactive since I’ve been surfing Reddit. Until my dad forced me to give up Reddit. Now I’m back. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! :relaxed:

1 Like

I guess I’m technically a female?

I’m mainly on this forum to keep up with more technical stuff like [quarantine specifics] or stuff around medical/local politics/law.

I browse it now and then though I’m mainly towards Discord and maybe parsing reddit for day to day stuff.

I’d say it’s more a specific to Taiwan thing since engineering is heavy and Korea/JP pay better for teachers. I visit my friends out in Japan often enough though they get paid like 30-40% more then they’d get here.

I do know a few female expats locally though the bulk of who I’ve met are the ones on the cramschool passport tour around asia and aren’t really setup for the long haul.

*Also the forum has, some stuff on it like Who's the sexiest CNN or news program presenter? that I’d imagine would discourage more females from popping up

4 Likes

poll says more >65 than <18 are here.

2 Likes

What joke are you talking about?

Lol I was gonna say the same. Facebook is for GenX and above. Some older millennials are still active on it. But they’re mainly on IG, Reddit, etc., while TikTok is targeted to zoomers.

1 Like

Weird how that shifted. Wasn’t it millennials who made Facebook big? I’m Gen X, and ten years back I briefly dabbled in Facebook because I needed it to connect with classmates who were too young to bother with email, and we couldn’t agree on a messaging app. Facebook was a medium for younger people. Yet now Facebook feels like it skews way, way older.

I don’t get much of a sense of demographic skew on Reddit - depends on the subreddit, I suspect.

1 Like

I just joined today! But because I’m trying to find wood to build furniture. I guess thats more stereotypically an old man’s hobby… lol

2 Likes

It’s not like some of us don’t post on Facebook.
We just like the idea of privacy too.

Besides , good luck with getting help on some problem on Facebook.

haha I feel that. So many old white dudes arguing on here!!

5 Likes

Cos it does. Instagram and Tiktok is where they hang now. Or as they call it ‘the gram’. Its still Facebook underneath the hood.

1 Like

In this thread, they might be minority, depending on how you categorize posters.

1 Like

A woman looking for a wood here… :smiley:

In all seriousness, how big do you need that wood? I recall seeing some lodges somewhere on the way to Taichung but I can’t remember where exactly. I could ask around though.

1 Like

Yeah, it started getting weird when my mum, uncles, aunts, etc. and their friends started joining Facebook. I had pictures of me smashed off my face with friends and random strangers, naked pics of my backside, accounts of us joining political protests, etc. - shit that young people do that they don’t want parents/relatives to necessarily know about. At one point, navigating through the ‘friendship levels’ / privacy settings became too troublesome.

As far as I know, today’s Facebook functions more like a platform to buy and sell second-hand things, share recipes, review baby products, etc. Y’know … for adults - adulting.

3 Likes

Yes, old but many young users. May parents use facebook haha/ PTT index has lots of groups, and womens one too
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/index.html

1 Like