Are vaccines going to be compulsory for teachers?

Furthermore, besides digital nomads who can work at home, the immensely rich and the unemployed—who doesn’t work in “a public environment” ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Surprises me how some are okay with this kind of violation of freedom but not okay with staying safe at home

3 Likes

Neither should be necessary once seventy percent vaccination coverage is reached, except for sadists who enjoy watching people suffer (or masochists who enjoy their suffering.

3 Likes

That’s the theory, but sadly recent data says differently.

1 Like

What data? Cases?

Are you taiwanese? What kind of Taiwan-police is that?

From Israel.

1 Like

What data from Israel? Cases, hospitalisations, deaths?

I agree. That should be the case. The problem is, the goal posts are constantly being moved.

At first it was 70%, then 75, 85–and now 90%. Soon, they will be demanding 100%. (I believe perhaps this is what @MadamBroccoli was referring to with Israel, correct me if I’m wrong).

You can also see this in Canada:

I especially love:

“Vaccination is our ticket out of the pandemic … You will hear it, again and again and then some more. It’s as true as truisms get”

Yes, because that certainly isn’t the blueprint of brainwashing and propaganda. :clown_face:

Of course vaccination could be the ticket, BUT—

What happens if we were to have 100% immunity?

Well, we still have the variants, so now you need your yearly booster shot, as well as Covid Passport.

Trudeau in Canada has already announced a deal with Pfizer for booster shots up until 2024. Can’t people see that this is—as everything is—about money? It may have started for the good of mankind, but such things are easily corrupted.

These were all things (boosters, Covid Passport) that were shut down as conspiracy just 6 (!) months ago, and have now been established in the pipeline.

Again, the goal posts will forever be moved to the unattainable, your freedoms forever out of reach.

People need to study their history. Once you give up freedoms, they are NEVER willingly returned.

I have family that grew up in Eastern Europe who saw this type of mess first hand. They are absolutely frightened, but not surprised, to see history repeating.

Anyway, I apologize if I used hyperbole or engaged in what people consider “conspiracy”—but I am, with great reason, very passionate about this. You all should be.

6 Likes

And whatever side you’re on—I ask that you respond to me and others here with a reasonable and respectful response. And feel free to call me out if you think I’m not giving that in return.

But please don’t come with the typical, “anti-vaxxer!!” and other straw mans.

I really hope we can all have a civil debate about this and understand each other.

4 Likes

There are only two sides?

1 Like

*whatever side you’re on.

I will edit it.

Haha

1 Like

I can’t take credit for it. I read it somewhere I can’t remember where. I also thought it good. I try to repeat it when I can as it makes me sounds smarter than I am :rofl:

1 Like

Damn, looks like a moderator moved some of our posts.

Not sure why that was considered “off topic” …

In that case, I will steal it too :rofl:

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’ve all heard, but it looks like the PCR test will be abandoned by the end of the year due to false results.

I will post the links from the FDA/CDC in the Coronavirus Open Thread, to avoid going off topic.

2 Likes

On second thought, I will just post here.

Teachers will be required to take a weekly PCR test, so surely this is relevant to the topic at hand.

From the CDC:

From the FDA:

1 Like

Although to some of us it was obvious from the beginning, here it is confirmed illegal and is a form of coercion. This is defined under the criminal code in Taiwan.

The article below makes reference to migrant workers, but I am pretty sure the law cannot discriminate against forms of foreign workers “migrant” or “expat”, etc.

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2021/07/26/2003761477

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I meant. Not just Israel, but also many other countries. Israel is planning on giving the third dosage to the most vulnerable, but who knows if it’s gonna work. Also with all the new variants. Not to mention even with the oldest variants, the vaccine isn’t 100% protective.

I’ve mentioned this somewhere else, nobody knows nothing about this pandemic, viruses or vaccines. The only thing known to human is physical isolation. No contact, no disease.

1 Like

This is something the government could never admit, truth or not.

2 Likes