Are vaccines going to be compulsory for teachers?

I’m not sure if it’s about money. It could also be a struggle to fight the disease. Anyways, we don’t know nothing.

1 Like

A pain in the nose…

1 Like

Nasal rape, as someone here so aptly described it. Isn’t it possible to do a rapid antigen test as well? (Which, my understanding is that it is something slightly different?)

2 Likes

Do you have a link to an article stating that teachers will be required to take a weekly PCR test?

I think its this:

1 Like

I see. Thanks. According to the article you, if you have been vaccinated (first shot) for two weeks you don’t need the test. If not, a rapid test or PRC test is required.

That’s kind of how I read it, but I’ve seen so much conflicting information, I can’t say with any confidence what might be required.

1 Like

I revived a document from shinpei city that says the same. Though I doubt one dose would be enough to protect us from the disease.

Fully vaccinated in May but still got COVID.

2 Likes

That’s not how vaccines work. :man_facepalming:

For the billionth time…
Vaccines do not guarantee you will never get infected by the virus. They also do not guarantee you won’t spread the virus. They simply lower the chance of having a severe, life threatening, reaction to the virus. And, if lucky, can lower the chance of infection and spreading.

The guy is not terminal. He has a slight cough.

7 Likes

Before 2020, that’s exactly how vaccines worked.

No one got their various vaccines and then the following week came down with the disease. We had immunity.

Post 2020, a vaccine now means you can still get the disease and still spread it.

And for most healthy and young people, you already had a 99% chance of surviving covid—how exactly did the vaccine reduce anything? The risk of death was already negligible (again, in healthy, young adults). Even in older age ranges, people without multiple comorbidities have less than a 1% chance of death.

Sorry, but we’d prefer not being told new definitions a billion times (i.e. propaganda and brainwashing).

Edit: To clarify, before 2020 we were accustomed to vaccines that had 90-99% efficacy. With the way Delta is infecting vaccinated people, these new EUA treatments don’t quite meet the traditional definition of a vaccine that we’re all used to.

1 Like

?

false.

Close, but not entirely true.

Pre 2020 too

The brain washing bit works both ways.

The truth about vaccines is here:

Vaccines are designed to generate an immune response that will protect the vaccinated individual during future exposures to the disease. Individual immune systems, however, are different enough that in some cases, a person’s immune system will not generate an adequate response. As a result, he or she will not be effectively protected after immunization.

That said, the effectiveness of most vaccines is high. After receiving the second dose of the MMR vaccine (measles, mumps and rubella) or the standalone measles vaccine, 99.7% of vaccinated individuals are immune to measles. The inactivated polio vaccine offers 99% effectiveness after three doses. The varicella (chickenpox) vaccine is between 85% and 90% effective in preventing all varicella infections, but 100% effective in preventing moderate and severe chicken pox.

The response to Covid has been swift. We are dealing with rushed vaccines that have yet to still prove their worth.

1 Like

Precisely why we should all blindly rush to make them mandatory :rofl:

What effectiveness would you place the covid vaccines at? With delta running rampant in majority vaccinated countries like Israel and the UK, it doesn’t seem like there’s even 75% immunity offered.

75% efficacy doesn’t quite meet the definition of a vaccine either, going by the effective rates of all the other vaccines you just listed.

The ones you listed don’t provide 100% immunity from infection, correct—but they mostly offer above 90%.

Perhaps we shouldn’t call these new medicines vaccines, and wait for version 2.0 to grant them that distinction?

sure, you could do that.
Fair enough.

I’d be much happier, we all would, if AZ, Moderna, etc were 99% effective.

But that isn’t what we have right now.

I’m not convinced Covid is as deadly to the general population as it is being made out to be. Perhaps it is because everyone I know who caught it had mild symptoms and recovered quickly (unvaccinated).

But I’m also not convinced it’s just a cold.

1 Like

I can agree with everything you said here. Everyone I know (20+ people) also had mild or no symptoms.

I don’t know anyone who has died. And they don’t know anyone who has died.

I certainly think covid is real, but I think the media is taking advantage of the panic and causing the most harm in this pandemic (well, 2nd most harm after the govt lockdowns).

1 Like

And that’s what I’ve been saying for the billionth of time.

Just by me posting a piece of news you thought you’ve figured out where I stand?

1 Like

I’ve been telling people we know nothing about the pandemic, viruses and vaccines. The only way to stay safe is to limit physical contacts. There’s no prove that 2 doses of vaccination means you can go party without a mask and forget about quarantines.

2 Likes

Dude, your comments suck. Yes, you can still get rona with the jabs, but let’s remind ourselves that 99% of the people hospitalized with rona in the USA are unvaccinated now. To make it worse, many of them still don’t believe that they work. So let me rephrase your comment:

The only way to stay safe is to get vaccinated and keep social distancing.

See, it’s easy to do both.

1 Like

To clarify, before 2020 we were accustomed to vaccines that had 90-99% efficacy. With the way Delta is infecting vaccinated people, these new EUA treatments don’t quite meet the traditional definition of a vaccine that we’re all used to.