Arizona Gov. Targets Ethnic Studies

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.[/quote]
Keep believing that!

I don’t think people in Arizona will mind much as they tend to hate California residents moving to the state after they destroyed theirs. Phoenix’s property bubble had a lot to do with former California residents flipping their houses for massive profit and then buying a place in Phoenix, hence why the state that was known as a bastion of conservatism is now very purple.

The next thing I would suggest is that you actually read the damn bill rather than what you are told. This law had a very explicit purpose. There was outrage over what La Raza was doing.

I love this Hispanic voting argument because outside Cuban-Americans Republicans get very little love from your standard hispanic voter who tends to vote democrat in hopes of instituting policies and laws similar from which his family originally fled. :unamused:
We’ll be talking about the Hispanic family in much the same way we talk about the black family in another 10-20 years. 70+% of Arizonans support this law. Arizona has a 40+% Hispanic population. This would lead one to believe that there are quite a few Hispanics that support this law

If you want to stop the drug war in Mexico, the one that kills between 5,000-6,000 people a year, then you are going to have to secure the border and cut off their funding. As far as Mexican tourists, most of them come over to shop as the cartels and oligarchies in Mexico make shopping expensive in comparison.

I don’t expect Deuce Dropper, Chris or Dr. McCoy to actually make a case against the law, because they are just ignorant about what it’s about.

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.[/quote]Keep believing that![/quote]
Prove it is not correct. (And please, use a credible source)
There’s the glove.
Care to pick it up?

[quote=“Okami”]I don’t think people in Arizona will mind much as they tend to hate California residents moving to the state after they destroyed theirs. Phoenix’s property bubble had a lot to do with former California residents flipping their houses for massive profit and then buying a place in Phoenix, hence why the state that was known as a bastion of conservatism is now very purple.

The next thing I would suggest is that you actually read the damn bill rather than what you are told. This law had a very explicit purpose. There was outrage over what La Raza was doing.

I love this Hispanic voting argument because outside Cuban-Americans Republicans get very little love from your standard hispanic voter who tends to vote democrat in hopes of instituting policies and laws similar from which his family originally fled. :unamused:
We’ll be talking about the Hispanic family in much the same way we talk about the black family in another 10-20 years. 70+% of Arizonans support this law. Arizona has a 40+% Hispanic population. This would lead one to believe that there are quite a few Hispanics that support this law

If you want to stop the drug war in Mexico, the one that kills between 5,000-6,000 people a year, then you are going to have to secure the border and cut off their funding. As far as Mexican tourists, most of them come over to shop as the cartels and oligarchies in Mexico make shopping expensive in comparison.

I don’t expect Deuce Dropper, Chris or Dr. McCoy to actually make a case against the law, because they are just ignorant about what it’s about.[/quote]
Where’s those anti hissy fit pills?

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“hardball”][quote]The bill, HB-2281 “Prohibits
a school district or charter school
from including courses or classes that either promote the overthrow of the united states government or promote resentment toward a race or class of people.”[/quote][/quote]
Well, if that’s the case, then it sounds like a solution in search of a problem, like banning space aliens from playing the tuba.

I had read and heard that it extends to university courses, and bans all ethnic studies courses.[/quote]

Where? Link? This is why I like the internet. I can go and read the Law for myself and not have to rely on dillweeds with blogs or biased news sources trying to outmaybe one another…

I was thinking that the core four, reading writing science and math, are FAR more important to the academic success of children.

:cactus:

Good challenge Hardball.
The CNN link I inserted has a statement from Superintendent Horne regarding what specifically the bill calls for.
Intrusions into band class is not mentioned.

And who says Murkins aren’t the MOST foreign of furriners on the planet? They 'aint freaking foreign, they’re goddamn ALIENS! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.[/quote]Keep believing that![/quote]
Prove it is not correct.[/quote]
Only time will tell.

Logic dictates that as more and more legislative attacks come out against Hispanics, Hispanics will be less and less inclined to vote for the people launching these attacks. Just you watch.

Prove it is not correct. (And please, use a credible source)
There’s the glove.
Care to pick it up?[/quote]

Wait a minute, wait a minute, I forgot, tell me again.

If the glove FITS, he goes to the slam, and if it DOESN’T fit, he walks, is that right, or is it the other way round?
Wait, what if he just PRETENDS it doesn’t fit, then what?
And which choice starts the riots again??

Something about ‘let them eat bolillos’, I think.

Prove it is not correct.[/quote]
Only time will tell.

Logic dictates that as more and more legislative attacks come out against Hispanics, Hispanics will be less and less inclined to vote for the people launching these attacks. Just you watch.[/quote]

Why would logic dictate that when Hispanics and Caucasians both SUPPORT what’s now being done??

Pick one:

Juan is a proud Hispanic!

Juan is in the 8th grade and has a year-one college reading ability!

Logic that.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Okami”]I don’t think people in Arizona will mind much as they tend to hate California residents moving to the state after they destroyed theirs. Phoenix’s property bubble had a lot to do with former California residents flipping their houses for massive profit and then buying a place in Phoenix, hence why the state that was known as a bastion of conservatism is now very purple.

I don’t expect Deuce Dropper, Chris or Dr. McCoy to actually make a case against the law, because they are just ignorant about what it’s about.[/quote]
Where’s those anti hissy fit pills?[/quote]

wow, my name keeps finding it’s way into your posts Okami and I am not really sure how that happened.

I only posted the link, followed by:

[quote]Pretty shocking really. Puts the whole ‘must have ID’ law into a new perspective.

I guess she is just keeping America safe, protecting the border and what not.[/quote]

and then this(a lame attempt at comedy for sure):

typical right wing nonsense though, group those who differ from the playbook as one big wing of like-minded buffoons.

just to make sure, you are for trimming down education and whitewashing history?

my advice is move to Japan, they do it well there.

minorities were oppressed in all White Anglo countries. Fact.

those who ignore history are bound to repeat it. those who willfully ignore history want to repeat it.

BINGO!

The governor is two for two. You can spin it however you want, but at the end of the day the actions speak louder than words.

Did you just fart?

why? Are you saying I eat a lot of BEANS? Do you think I have a horse in this race?

How dare you! :slight_smile:

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.[/quote]Keep believing that![/quote]Prove it is not correct.[/quote]Only time will tell.
Logic dictates that as more and more legislative attacks come out against Hispanics, Hispanics will be less and less inclined to vote for the people launching these attacks. Just you watch.[/quote]
Why would logic dictate that when Hispanics and Caucasians both SUPPORT what’s now being done??
Logic that.[/quote]
Pardon the edit of your post Hardball. I just wanted to point out an interesting gambit being played here.
Note that the term ‘Hispanic’ has been inserted into this rhetoric. Not ‘illegals’, not ‘undocumented workers’, not people who have broken the laws by violating the US border…but the generic term “Hispanics.” Cutesy trick…but ultimately…a fail.

We are not talking about targeting ‘Hispanics’…the law makes it clear that it prohibits 'profiling “Hispanic looking people”…but this is conviently ignored and this word…‘Hispanic’ is coyly inserted into the debate. WRONG.
Using this term corrupts the debate and is a set-up. Don’t allow this term to be so used in the debate. Use the correct identifiers as per the legislation…ILLEGALS.

A bit more correct as an overwhelming % of LEGAL Hispanic citizens back the new bill.[/quote]Keep believing that![/quote]Prove it is not correct.[/quote]Only time will tell.
Logic that.[/quote]
Pardon the edit of your post Hardball. I just wanted to point out an interesting gambit being played here.
Note that the term ‘Hispanic’ has been inserted into this rhetoric. Not ‘illegals’, not ‘undocumented workers’, not people who have broken the laws by violating the US border…but the generic term “Hispanics.” Cutesy trick…but ultimately…a fail.

We are not talking about targeting ‘Hispanics’…the law makes it clear that it prohibits 'profiling “Hispanic looking people”…but this is conviently ignored and this word…‘Hispanic’ is coyly inserted into the debate. WRONG.
Using this term corrupts the debate and is a set-up. Don’t allow this term to be so used in the debate. Use the correct identifiers as per the legislation…ILLEGALS.[/quote]

so the government is banning ‘illegal studies’?

Did you fart again?

Lay off the frijoles.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Did you fart again?

Lay off the frijoles.[/quote]

stay on topic and I won’t get indigestion.

I think you got the other thread on your mind TC…unless they’re somehow after undocumented students here?