Arkansas Diner

Just hope you didn’t catch the virus…please put your mask on between guzzles!

2 Likes

Keep the mask on and guzzle it with it on. As the beer soaks into the mask, the subsequent inhalation of the beer saves a lot of steps while simultaneously killing any viruses that may be on the mask.

Win win!

2 Likes

They are good with checking if you have a fever before you go up the dinning hall ! I like this. The only recent bad thing is traffic with new E-da department store nearby.

2 Likes

Plus allthe outrageous parkig lots have gotten approval and are now getting turned into sky scrapers…

Ps. Most people park at costco, but i heard they are now checking more diligently…the eda parking lot will probably be finished relatively soon, then we can give them more money in order to spend more money. Hurrah!

OR…

Kaohsoung.mrt is good. Use it. The aozidi stattion is like 2 blocks awayd from this shop. Not inconvenient in the least!

I actually hope dashun road gets turned into a one way electric street car fiasco. People there drive for shit…

Yes, I just walk and MRT everywhere. This is also good for the beer drinking (no driving worries, burns calories, works up a thirst)

I had a decent meal in the new Marriott there, got a little tour of the top floors and there were several new restaurants full of people eating, so might also be a good place to spend some money :slight_smile:

For American home cooking, though, still the Arkansas :wink:

2 Likes

Do they offer takeaway?

1 Like

Their Facebook page says they do.

I think you need a better authority :wink: They posted 2 days ago that they’re still at it, and yesterday that they’ll be back at it Friday. And their webpage has an update from yesterday with a lockdown promo.

Sorry for the bad info. I was sure Landis shut due to Costco being crazy. Glad to hear he’s back at it.

I know this thread isn’t about other restaurants, but I’m curious - why is Arkansas Diner mentioned so much on this forum? Is it really so good? So popular? I’ve been there three times, and while I thought it was good I don’t get why it’s consistently mentioned here.

Foster Hewitt? The Lighthouse? Lovess (or however you spell that)? And dare I say… T.G.I. Friday’s?

I went a couple times in KSA, compared to Arkansas it lacked authenticity. Your other three I haven’t had a chance to visit yet. Which is my answer to your question: it’s the only western restaurant I’ve been to so far in KHH

2 Likes

The same person keeps bumping this thread. It wouldn’t be mentioned that much otherwise.

1 Like

Well the thread is called “Arkansas Diner,” so that might be one reason. :rofl:

Kudos to forumosans in Kaohsiung for at least staying focused and on topic. Some of your brethren in the north seem to have been losing their minds lately…

Guy

2 Likes

I think you might have “thread” and “forum” confused. A thread focuses on a smaller topic. A forum consists of many threads.

Well OK. But since it’s about a foreign owned business which seems much beloved by forumosans, who post and write about it in this thread and others?

Given the flood of negative junk that has also appeared lately, I’ll take it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Not trying to attack Arkansas Diner. Just wondering why other, similar restaurants are almost never mentioned. Kaohsiung is huge after all.

Thank You!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Lighthouse Bar and Grill in Kaohsiung

2 posts were split to a new topic: Legends

Parking is easier, but still more traffic with the Mall and New Marriott (anyone eat there?).

1 Like

The parking lot is easier, for sure, street parking is still a bit of a cluster fuck.

Have eating at the mall shops. Seemed pretty poor considering the price. So now just eat at the regular restaraunts around there which are great and not giving a huge percent to the ultra rich mall landlord (=that cost is coming out from the food supply side). I enjoy supporting the food, but less so the mall…wish all the best tothe vendors in the mall, but i dont have high hopes for half of them.

1 Like