Awesome Things About Living in Taiwan

The guy was probably about 40 years old. He was also about 6 feet tall, so that may have been a factor. Anyway, I don’t need anyone to come in and start a fight for me, or to finish an argument for me.

1 Like

the owner has the authority to say something. such as don’t kick my customers dogs please. sure random passers by might want to avoid an argument, but the boss is the person who should be calming it down. but he chose to do nothing, even as a dog owner and then apologize later. cowardly at best.

not what i am saying. i just think if you feel bad enough to apologize for doing something you didn’t even do how about actually doing something of use and confronting the puppy kicker?

I agree with this. The boss really should’ve stepped up. At least refuse to serve the guy.

They were leaving already.

What kinds of people kick puppies?? Too bad it wasn’t on video so he could be embarrassed on thr news over and over. If it was an inanimate object like a suitcase, would he have kicked it? He obviously wanted to hurt the puppy.
Many people here are terrified and superstitious about pets. I hear people think they steal your soul and drag you back in the afterlife.
They didn’t confront the man probably to avoid escalation.
You’ve gotta work on your passive aggressive techniques as shame is very effective here. (Almost kidding)

sure, i just feel like an apology after the fact is meaningless. its not awesome.

reminds me of the MRT racist. nobody said squat in the train while the incel was going on his tirade against the foreigner. but after the video hit the news everyone was apologizing for it. anyway, better end the tangent there or the thread will be split.

In a way it is. It comes from an early celtic word meaning swollen belly. (Seriously I am not making that up either)

1 Like

It’s definitely not awesome.
At least they let you know they didn’t agree with the man’s behavior. I think that is better than completely ignoring the situation. They were embarrassed about their fellow citizen’s actions and acknowledged you were right. I feel sorry for the man’s family. Hint hint passive aggressive…

1 Like

3 Likes

it was another poster…

if some angry twat kicked a puppy of mine i would not reply in chinese i can tell you that.

Internet tough guys don’t use capital letters or read what posters actually wrote.

3 Likes

i’m an internet tough guy for not talking in chinese now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This sounds pretty awesome .

1 Like

I’ll bet you anything the two mayors only rode a tiny fraction of the 65-k path. Now if it were Mayor Ko . . .

…he would have abandoned all his legit mayoral responsibilities and acted the twat for the media every single click of the route.

That’s what you were going to say, yeah?

2 Likes

Yeah, took the words right out of my mouth. :roll_eyes:

I don’t care about the politics, but when he completed that 500 plus-kilometer “twin-tower” bicycle trip riding from dawn to dusk, I could see he was no poseur.

It would be like ‘let’s ride across that bridge, then my ass hurts and we get off’.

Fruit filled sandwiches.
Has anyone tried one? I can’t figure out if the white sauce is mayonnaise or frosting

2 Likes

You see that’s just whack!

1 Like

Actually, I was trying to find that thread. There are too many of them, and most of the old threads are locked