Baseball - CPBL the only league to have opened in 2020

That’s good, I expect he’ll start raking there at some point. Big jump from CPBL to NPB.

It looks like some people can’t watch from the states anymore.

And Taiwan wonders why it can’t build any global name brands.

3 Likes

I think it would do more than that though. First it would showcase some young players on rosters to ML clubs and lead to some signs over to the minors. Secondly, it would expand name recognition and raise the profile of their league, making it a more attractive spot for AAA releases etc, maybe leading to expansion down the roard. Marketing possibilities both ways, merch sales.

Why waste the small window of time they have while they are front and center though? Seems like a wasted chance for them to expand beyond TW as a league…but if the goal is to keep it local they do a bang up job of that,whether intentional or not…

1 Like

My friend (who who’s not a baseball fan, let alone a CPBL nut) just recommended a theme song for Rakuten. Why didn’t I think of that?

Anyone watching the game? The public is seated like 2 to a row. Can’t move without some security guy scolding them.

Didn’t know there were so many atogas playing.

EDIT:
Anyone whose autograph is cool? Too many handsome guys to choose from.

Thanks for the report.

All I know about baseball is that the guys have great bodies.

1 Like

Right now the autograph to get is 朱育賢

If good looking that the main criteria, there are also 王溢正, 蘇智傑, and 陳傑憲

2 Likes

That’s about the most exciting thing about it, and I’m straight.

1 Like

That kid is quite a story. I saw him play at Da Li HS for years and he literally could not hit anything in games. I dont think I saw him get a hit in 3 years. You’d keep waiting and waiting because he looked the part. The light went on in college and now he’s one of the better bats.

That bat looks really, really short.

You sir, are uncultured. :smile:
There is so much tradition.
Quite a large body of scholarship on Taiwanese baseball in English, more than the better known story of Japanese baseball, including entire peer-reviewed books by Morris, Yu, and Harney.

1 Like

A tradition of boring the hell out of me :slight_smile:

Well, to each their own and all. I like fantasy

2 Likes

Wonder where they got the idea.

2 Likes

And they got a longer story on CNN. :rage:

1 Like

Robot fans complaining.

1 Like

By the way, for those interested in the future of Taiwan baseball, including international tournaments, the Brothers has a couple of really great young relief pitchers. Tsai Chi-zhe (蔡齊哲) and Wu Jun-Wei (吳俊偉). In an absolute hitter’s league, they are delivering great numbers.

2 Likes

I’m a Monkeys fan, but man, Tsai Chi-zhe has transformed this year. He is a going to be an upcoming star

So far this year he has pitched 14.2 innings with a WHIP of 0.82 and an ERA of 1.84.

3 Likes

I hope he continues to do well, but that’s a pretty short stretch.