⚾ Baseball - Taiwan

Yu didn’t play at the Asian games though. The 2019 Asain basball championship qualified Yu Chang for the 12-day supplementary service. Without qualifying for that he would have had to serve 4 months. Only serving 12 days means that the Sports Administration could then demand your participation for the next 5 years. Failure to participate without a proper reason, such as an injury, would land you back serving the 4-month duty. The only way to get out of the 5 years watch list: 1. Win gold at Asian games, 2. Win top 3 for the Olympics or WBC, or 3. serve your 4-month duty.

1 Like

Just say you’re hurt. Athletes are always hurting somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s so odd he didn’t just say that.

1 Like

Rumor has it he reversed course due to backlash. Wow since when have Taiwanese people been so demanding.

Since when most people had to suffer in the barracks or be stuck in a job position for 4 months to 3 years and some athlete seems to be able to turn it around and give orders to the military that he doesn’t wish to participate, and the ruling bodies have do all kinds of PR gymnastics to satisfy his demands.

They couldn’t understand that he could do a lot for Taiwan in the majors?

You play in the Classic and you’ll be tired 3/4 of the way through the season.

It’s worse than that. His agency said teams interested in Yu would only sign him if he could be in spring training from day 1. So playing in the WBC would likely mean not being in an organization, even if in the minors, in 2023.

The issue at the core is really with the MLB organization. You can’t want to promote the game internationally, and then under the table threatens players not to participate in the event that MLB is hosting itself.

1 Like

Hello independent leagues or Japan.

If what his agent said is true, he should have just did whatever was best for him and tell fans to jump in a lake.

Taiwan never had any active MLBer represent them anyway.

Tell the team not to put him on the 35 man.

He is on the 35. Not a guarantee he’ll play. Not sure I want a player who’s all “I don’t wanna be here.”

If he is going to miss part of the ST anyway, he might as well give it his best to win some eyeballs and perhaps an opportunity for a contract.

Though, WBC’s official roster quota for this preliminary stage is 35, and if you read the news, Team Taiwan announced a roster of 36…

棒協 doesn’t know how to count.

Iwas always under the impression he was under contract with the Red Sox.

Anyhow, this might be our strongest team ever.

pressed the space bar + shift, huh?

ha ha ha !

あいおお

Is that why it’s doing that? _shift is how I change languages.

I use Shift and Alt to switch languages, but in the heat of the battle the space bar sometimes comes into play inadvertently… :laughing:

1 Like

I use gcin on linux, and I have none of those Windows problems.

https://www.mlb.com/news/franchy-cordero-yu-chang-non-tendered-by-red-sox

|Wang Boron|王柏融|OF,1B| Nippon Ham Fighters|
|Wu Nien-ting|吳念庭|IF|Seibu Lions|

This is shaking out to be the strongest team ever.

She spoke my mind. 不用心打

More drama, yay!

1 Like

When does the league start again in Taiwan?

1 Like