Beer Alert & Directory II

Moving a little slow this morning…

Thanks Tigerman, what a great success. Still don’t know how you were able to score Schlitz and Pabst Blue Ribbon in Taiwan ( :wink: ), but you really are a great host and had a terrific selection of beers and food. I had a great time. :smiley:

Tigerman,

Thanks to you and your wife for the classy soiree yesterday. Your consideration and attention to detail were impeccable. The beer, the cheeses, the sausage . . . real delights.

I also enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

My wife and I shared the Tripel Karmeliet at a late lunch today and we both loved it. It reminded her of a champagne. I loved the strong, clear triple-grain taste and the sophisticated finish which I’m still puzzling over. I will have to drink many more TK’s in order to satisfy my curiosity.

Can you tell us where to get it here in Taiwan?

My wife and I are looking forward to reciprocating after late August when we finish re-modeling our new apartment.

parmigiano reggiano. mmm. kudos to tigerman for a great event. not only did i get to taste some great beers, but those cheeses were wonderful as well. i’m glad i finally got to meet some forum people before my departure from taiwan next month. it’s a shame i won’t make it back for the september tasting.

[quote=“Gavin Januarus”]Tigerman,

Thanks to you and your wife for the classy soiree yesterday. Your consideration and attention to detail were impeccable. The beer, the cheeses, the sausage . . . real delights.[/quote]

And the company wasn’t bad either… :wink: It was my pleasure. I’m already looking forward to September.

Same here. I really enjoy meeting the people who post here.

I’m glad you liked it. You’re real hard core… I doubt that any of the rest of us are looking at beer already today! I buy my TK directly from Geert His contact info is listed on the first or second page of the first Beer thread. But I often have TK when I go to Cosi-o-Cosi for lunch… and I’m pretty certain that Odeon II sells it also.

You’re welcome and I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. I look forward to doing it again.

Great meeting you as well, Flipper.

Tigerman,

I as well would like to extend a most hearty thanks to you and your lovely wife for being such top-notch hosts. Gosh, I really had a great time. Couldn’t have picked a better way to spend my last Saturday night in Taiwan.

It was wonderful meeting everyone there…an excellent bunch of forumosans indeed. I’m only sorry I won’t be around for future tastings :cry:

Is anyone else experiencing pain when blinking today? I think it was the damn Bush beer…12%abv :shock: …that was my demise. Did you get around to trying that one Sharky?

Really Tigerman, big thanks.

Gratefully,
Zen

Thanks for a great evening ! My afternoon Heinekens are a poor substitute ! (No hangover!)

I wish I could remember the names of half the beers we drank !

Roll on Tigerbeer Tasting II !

Looking at the bottles this morning… I can report that we (there was some variance among tasters) drank the following:

Westmalle Tripel
Jever Pilsner
Konig Ludwig Weissebier
Bush 12
Arabier
Poperings Hommelbier
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Celis White
Chimay Blue
Nastro Azzura
Silly Saison
Gulden Draak
Piraat
Orval
Gran. Isl. Honey Lager
Gran. Isl. Amber Ale
Chapeau Peche Lambic
Taiwan Beer (you drank that one :laughing: )

I don’t think I missed any…

Thanks for arranging the whole thing. It was really interesting to meet all the other posters. (though we didn’t get to meet BF)

I had as much of a good time tasting the cheeses as I did tasting the beers (missed the Lambic and the Westmalle)

Looking forward to the next gathering.

My favorites that night:
the summer beer (the first one): Konig Weisse(?)
Celis
Hommel
Piraat
Drak
I liked these more than the Pyramid which I used to drink a lot in CA.

A big thanks to tigerman and his wife for hosting such an excellent event. Everything about it was done well.

All of the beers I tasted were good. I thought that the Celis White (brewed by a Belgian brewmaster in Texas, right?) was very citrusy and very refreshing, the Poperings Hommelbier the most hoppy, and the Silly Saison was my favorite of the whole bunch for some reason. Please let me say again that all the beers were great, but the Bush 12 (my last beer of the night) just about knocked me over.

In addition to the beer tasting, I also really enjoyed meeting all of the people there and finally being able to put a face with an on-line nickname.

Thank you once again for opening your home to us and putting this on. Oh, and I liked Tofu (Doufu) the dog, too.

A splendid puddle-free experience.

OK, that was just about the most fun legally had in Taipei yet!

I did taste the Bush, we took a bottle home and had company last night (Attagirl and her Hubby). Before he quaffed the whole beer I had a taste…seemed pretty up front to me, no doubt that there was a bunch of alcohol in that. I would actually like to try that again.

I did drink a Piraat last night, next to the Celis, I think that could be my favorite. Tastes really citrusy and light, but with a 10.5% hit, that is all I need.

Suprisingly enough, was moving slower in the morning, but both my daughter and I :slight_smile: enjoyed the beer. DH (who will hopefully start posting soon) also had a great time. we are going to have to call Geert this week though! I reminded myself why life is to short to drink bad beer!

Hexuan, MT did you get any good digital pics of the night? Perhaps you can email one to us all…

and Zen, you know that we will be hooking up again!

Sharky

Tigerman, please tell Mrs. Tiger that next time I will help stay to clean up…

As always your bash was a smashing success… stories were told, an impressive array of beer was consumed, so far as I know no animals were hurt in the consumption of the evenings toddies, and I believe only one beer glass was broken. Pretty successful!

Thanks again for being such an amazing host, and in the words of the god of modern cinematic heroes Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar “WE’RE NOT WORTHY”

Thanks again.

Tigerman,

Muchos gracias muchacho.

Being finally able to write something halfway comprehensible after only leaving T’s after 4AM and countless wonderful beers, still all I can say is that that was fantastic, and of course that it was nice meeting everyone, whom I had not met before, and seeing everyone whom I had had the pleasure of meeting before.

I look forward to BTII, BUT T do kick me out when it is that time.

:wink:

OK, in order to keep our livers all in top notch drinking form… I suggest a little get together at Jolly in Neihu for a Thai food and Malty drink evening. Tigerman leaves on the 10th, so maybe we can do it on Friday the 8th or Saturday the 9th. This is meant to be just a “warm up” for Tigerfest II. If we are all happy with the malty drinks, we can try to find somewhere else for a follow up drink… In fact Maoman was mentioning his place, but I know he is going to the great white north soon too… but there is also the Tree cafe for a post malty drink drink, so… anyone interested???

Sorry that Zen is leaving thursday, but I think we all should try to convince her to come back for a visit for Tigerfest III!

Tigerman, cheers indeed fer a top night. To all others there, it was nice meeting y’all, and thanks for making it such fun.
Mark

:blush: oops! Sorry about that Tigerman. It wasn’t only the glass that was smashed! If I make it back this way I’ll be sure to bring a replacement from my collection back home.

I made a promise to some folks during Tigerfest I that I would share the Hymn to Ninkasi, the Goddess of beer. It’s a recipe for Sumerian beer, found inscribed on an ancient tablet.

http://www.piney.com/BabNinkasi.html

Can’t think of a better name for me pub. So if any of you find yourself somewhere in Canada (BC), standing in front of a wonderful little brewpub by the name of Ninkasi, you’ll be sure to find me close by. Come in for a pint…on the house :smiley:

:blush: oops! Sorry about that Tigerman. It wasn’t only the glass that was smashed! if I make it back this way I’ll be sure to bring a replacement from my collection back home.

I made a promise to some folks during Tigerfest I that I would share the Hymn to Ninkasi, the Goddess of beer. It’s a recipe for Sumerian beer, found inscribed on an ancient tablet.

http://www.piney.com/BabNinkasi.html

Can’t think of a better name for me pub. So if any of you find yourself somewhere in Canada (BC), standing in front of a wonderful little brewpub by the name of Ninkasi, you’ll be sure to find me close by. Come in for a pint…on the house :smiley:[/quote]

You know, I will be there for about four weeks. let’s see, a pint every day or so… thatza lotsa pizza. lotsa beerz on da house! :wink: what kind of beers are you thinking of stocking? where’s the planned location! Good luck!