Beer Alert & Directory IV

On top of the two Kona’s tt mentioned, my local had Guinness and Boddington tall boys (widget variety), as well as Kronenbourg 1664 in bottles. Didn’t notice any Sam Adams.

Definitely Sam Adams in my local branch, but unfortunately (for me anyway), its only the Boston Lager, which is not very tasty to me. Still, the fact that there’s any Sam at all is heartening, that implies the possibility of getting the real good stuff someday.

At the new Danshui MRT 7-11: Guinness DRAFT CAN (yay!), Boddington’s draft can, both the Kona’s mentioned above but not the one I remember liking last summer, and Sam Adams lager. Plus a few others.

Promotion running June 30 to July 27: buy three bottles, 21% discount.

Happy.

HAPPPPYYYYY!!!

Oooh yeah, time to hit the gentleman’s lounge behind Luxy.

The Family Mart at the XinYi Warner Village has Singha in the can. Not nearly as good as the bottles though.

I had one of them passion fruit Konas yesterday. An experiment and I wasn’t expecting to like it at all, but damn! Its really rather good. Nice totally non-sweet wheat ale with a noticeable passionfruit aftertaste that I was surprised to find I liked very much. Perfect hot weather brew and I’ll be having some more.
What’s that Boston lager like? Is it just a generic yellow beer or does it have a bit of character?

Singha is piss.

ETA: And I, as you well know, will drink fucking ANYTHING…

If you’re going to poke anything, drinking is recommended.

Singha is piss.

ETA: And I, as you well know, will drink fucking ANYTHING…[/quote]
I prefer the buzz of Chang.

If you’re going to poke anything, drinking is recommended.[/quote]

Well, required, really…kind of gets into one of them chicken/egg deals, yeah??

A chicken, ok. Ew, but I can image how it might be done.
But an egg??

That’d require a great deal more drinking than I’ve done thus far today.

(Oh, thank you, thank you, 7-11 for the summer beer special.)

[quote=“sandman”]I had one of them passion fruit Konas yesterday. An experiment and I wasn’t expecting to like it at all, but damn! Its really rather good. Nice totally non-sweet wheat ale with a noticeable passionfruit aftertaste that I was surprised to find I liked very much. Perfect hot weather brew and I’ll be having some more.
What’s that Boston lager like? Is it just a generic yellow beer or does it have a bit of character?[/quote]

I was pleasantly surprised with the passion fruit Kona as well. After sampling the Belgium passion fruit beers, this was rather pleasant without the overpowering sweetness and fruit taste that is characteristic of the former.

Had the Boston Lager, as well, and quite like it: It’s got a little more character than your everyday lager and is worth the nt$140 or so for three of them. Not that anybody would know, but it reminded me of some of the microbrew lagers in Montreal, like Boreale Blonde. :thumbsup:

I agree. I have had the original Sam but not the Boston. I liked the Boston as well. Yes! I drank it on the run but i’m sure it would be even better relaxing. FYI $59 for one.

When I first saw it I shuddered. I thought it would be super-sweet. Now that you and sandman liked it I will try it today. I’m still hesitant but if you guys liked it… I’ll take one for the team.

Ah, yes, those Montreal blondes!

Shit if I knew you liked Singha, I woulda saved my piss for a day and filled you milk carton of Singha. Homebrewed!

sandman, the pic with the Chang could be me at my wedding two months ago (how else you think they got me to get married in the first place), Chang’s got mojo

Shit if I knew you liked Singha, I woulda saved my piss for a day and filled you milk carton of Singha. Homebrewed!

sandman, the pic with the Chang could be me at my wedding two months ago (how else you think they got me to get married in the first place), Chang’s got mojo[/quote]

Sure but tell me where to get Chang in Taipei. Obviously you’re not a golfer.

I prefer the buzz of Chang.
[/quote]

Looks like a picture of an arrested mule at the border.

La Policia: “Heer ees un efoto of thee bandito loco, “El Hombre de Arena” weeth heez keelos de drogas confiscado.”

[quote]Looks like a picture of an arrested mule at the border.

La Policia: “Heer ees un efoto of thee bandito loco, “El Hombre de Arena” weeth heez keelos de drogas confiscado.”[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: Good work Zender. Maybe the Sandman name comes from spending so much time in the desert.

I thought it looks like he’s cooling his bruised nadgers off after takin’ a vicious penalty kick from the ball n’chain.

Oh, If I haven’t been raiding on all those Sam Adams, I must have been wasting all those elbows. Everything else is either too fruity ( though a fine brekkie quaff), or too dear for the serious, extended, session kinda bloke such as I am.
I have no sympathy for those of youse that ride for the Singha brand.
Unless, it’s in a bottle.
Canned beer is an abominable outrage, and should be banned.
Huzzah!