Beer Alert & Directory IV

True, but sometimes out and about, I’ll just splurge for the sake of trying a local beer I’ve never heard of if it’s under a 100.

It’s good sitting on the floor at Taipei Main Station. I think I’ll go soon.

1 Like

When’s the party?

Taiwan Beer
Double Hops Lager Beer.
3.5% abv
NTD 43.
Very good on a hot day. Surprised at how decent it is.

Just started bottling this style, the TTL guy says.

IMG_20180724_215851

TTL’s American IPA Baby, 5% abv.
Doesn’t taste at all like the IPAs I’ve drank in the U.S. over the years.
Must be because it’s 35 IBU.
Need to up that level to nearly double to get a hoppy taste, imho.

Cool but why only 3.5%?

No idea, but doesn’t taste like a 3.5% beer.
If you see it somewhere, try it out.
Can drink more, but not get so drunk.

That’s promising actually. On the list.

so you can back it up with a whisky, of course

1 Like

Available at Family Mart, NT$105 per can. This is a very nice, mild summer pale ale that’s pretty ubiquitous up and down the East coast.

Imgur

August 3, 2018 is the International Beer Day.

"How to celebrate IBD

For those who are new to this whole International Beer Day thing we’ve crafted this guide on how to celebrate this amazing day.

Drink Good Beer with Good Friends
If you were thinking about spending International Beer Day by yourself, think again! Drinking beer may be the most important part of celebrating International Beer Day, but we’re pretty convinced that beer goes best with a little conversation. So drag your friends out to an IBD celebration or invite them into your home, but make sure you have some camaraderie to go with your brews.

Find Your Nearest IBD Celebration (The Belgian Waffle Stop, Taipei)
There may be International Beer Day events right around the corner. Call your local pubs!

Give the Gift of Beer
It’s a well known fact that beer tastes better when someone else buys it for you, so it’s a tradition on International Beer Day to buy beer for your friends! When you present the beer, don’t forget to say the traditional words of beer-giving:

“I bring you the gift of beer.”

By giving the gift of beer to your friends and receiving the gift of beer in return, everyone’s beer becomes much more delicious.

Enjoy Beers From Other Cultures
It’s a big beer world out there full of wondrous new flavors. Be adventurous, try something new on International Beer Day!"

International Beer Dayibd_poster_redcity_2018

ibd_poster_sketch_2018

IMG_20180803_035019

My one liter celebration of beer day from Jason’s; very good sale price.

And???

Very much worth it. Tastes like a true pilsner should. :+1:

@Rocket ain’t that much of a beer drinker, but an icy pilsener does tend to put a fuckin button in the end of a miserably hot Taipei day.
Salut!!

1 Like

That’s Obama in his cousins pub in Offaly, Ireland.

I’m not shitting ya. :slight_smile:

Right you are, young fella, this is known :+1:

Actually it was when his very distant cousin visited the US…

https://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/in-time-for-st-patricks-day-a-visit-from-obamas-irish-cousin/

…We miss Obama…The US has taken a terrible turn

He’s all yours. Maybe if you give him Irish citizenship he can run for office there.

2 Likes