Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition

I found craft beers in Canada generally, and IPAs specifically, were so hoppy as to taste like grapefruit juice. Is that common here?

I personally like grapefruit infused IPAs, so maybe Iā€™m not the right person to ask :stuck_out_tongue: You have to go to Jasonā€™s or Carrefours to really find IPAs and theyā€™re all imported from western countries, so if you didnā€™t like it in Canada you probably wouldnā€™t care for them here. To me, the hoppier the better.

2 Likes

no accounting for taste. you animal :wink:

1 Like

This is one of my faves

2 Likes

Itā€™s awesome. I donā€™t know why I only bought one. Next time Iā€™m definitely getting three or four.

Thatā€™s what makes life great; we all have different tastesā€¦ even in the beer world! :smiley: :beer: For example, I hate most stouts except for one chocolate flavored one I canā€™t remember the name of right now. Anyway, what sort of beers are you into?

Whereā€™d you pick it up? Kaohsiung, I know, but Carrefour, Jasonā€™s, 7-11?

Not at me, but Iā€™ll answer anyway

3 Likes

Iā€™ll drink anything, but in hot weather I like a crisp lager. In Saudi Arabia I drank beer a dude made in plastic garbage barrels, so it is mostly uphill from there!

1 Like

Try 23 Brewing Company #1 Pale Ale.

Iā€™d try it. Stone makes great beers.

(If youā€™re asking if thatā€™s the one I tried though, no)

Jasonā€™s.

1 Like

Will try make time to try the Japanese beer on tap

1 Like

Thereā€™s a 7-11 opposite the Taipei Arena which does that

1 Like

I know, everyone waited for it. Finally itā€™s here: TTL Taiwan Beer Strawberry Beer!

pic_1_651

I tested it, so that you donā€™t have to. At family mart, buy one get one free if I remember correctly.

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised: not too artificial, not too sweet, still beer-like. My favourite TTL beer mix, together with the honey beer - which is too sweet, though.

To be clearer, a small FAQ:

Is it beer? No.
Is it better than expected? Yes.
Is it very good? No.
Is it very bad? No.

4 Likes

ā€œSnoopy-themed 7-11 beer tapā€

Incredible. Only in Taiwan (and possibly Japan I guess).

Really. This thread is a bit of an embarrassment.
Spend some money. Have real beer.

Oh the irony :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m willing and able but where is You and Me.

Erdinger Weissbrau is never bad even if youā€™re being distracted by people exercising in the park.

Beer Houses in the park, now this is something Taiwan could import from Germany.

Except itā€™s too damn hot or raining in Taiwan most of the time.

2 Likes

Beer tastes best when sweat is dripping down your asscrack. Its the mosquitoes that ruin it.

That is such a sweet perspective on beer almost brought a tear to my eye.