Best Tiramisu in Taipei?

Where can I find the best authentic Tiramisu in Taipei?

1 Like

I think Zoca’s is squarely on point.

More discussion of this excellent pizzeria here:

Guy

1 Like

Which of the hundreds of different variations would you consider authentic?

Bastianich’s childhood tiramisu with zabaglione is one of the dessert’s many adaptations, according to Burros, and the origins of versions available in restaurants by the mid-’80s were “hazy as the authentic recipe,” she wrote. By her estimation, in 1987, the “deceptively airy but shamefully rich creation in the mousse-pudding family has at least 200 variations, according one authoritative source.”

2 Likes

Well, I guess by ‘authentic’ I mean any thing not like a Taiwanese style fake cake that they call tiramisu.

2 Likes

I’ve been told so many origin stories, Siena thinks they made the original one. But of course other places say it’s from them.

1 Like

@_Lilith

2 Likes

Same guy who invented Hawaiian pizza, wasn’t it? Some Canadian chap.

Now, that’s a winning combination. Tinned pineapple and ham pizza followed by tiramisu. Is that popular in Italy?

3 Likes

Is this a cake made with okra? Sounds interesting. Never heard of tiramisu. Sounds japanese.

/american input.

2 Likes

No, the other ladyfingers. Long spongy cookies.

1 Like

Gotta admit, sounds kind of erotic.

Are these ones you guys are talking about?

2 Likes

Is this a joke?

3 Likes

Only half of it :wink:

Possible new sweet/savoury dessert. Has potential.

I just bite my tongue and keep quiet.

Always appreciated. Just let the odd kid be…

Had to google the word I couldnt spell. Cause y’all are thinking I’m loopy or sumthin.

Authentic sbatudìn is the cats pajamas. I still think tempogain was sounding frisky in describing lady’s fingers :wink: nevermind.

Had a decent tiramisu at La Chaudiere.

1 Like

I just think you’re drunk.

Don’t worry, it’s not the first time.

Guy

It seems odd to not know tiramisu in 2020, but when I first started seeing it everywhere - around 2001? - I at first wondered if it was a Japanese name. Probably because a lot of Taiwanese “Italian Noodle” places are - or at least were - almost as much Japanese as Italian.

1 Like

Hehe.

Google the history of it guys, thats why I was giggling.

Thinking about it, quality coffee shops like the one mentioned might be better spots for finding good tiramisu than the many “Italian” restaurants in Taipei.

2 Likes