Biden’s Southern Border Policies

Not about what action we think he should take, it’s what actions he took and said previously, which he is now saying the opposite (first criticized Trump for telling people not to come, now saying the same himself) also reversed several policies that Trump[ put in place and is quickly reversing them and putting back the Trump polices they previously removed like working with other countries to have people apply from there rather than rush the border.

Shock and amazement a reporter was allowed to ask Biden a question and what more could be done at the border, his reply.

BIDEN : “A lot more. We are in the process of doing it now. Including making sure that we reestablish what existed before; which was, they should stay in place and make their case from their home countries. Thank you”

Well, if you think getting rid of Trump policies only to put them back in place 10 minutes later or criticize Trump for saying “don’t come” only to do that 10 minutes into his Presidency is a stellar performance, that’s up to you I guess. Oh yeah and kids in cages, totally different now it’s Biden.

1 Like

I’m vexed by kids in cages regardless ot who is in charge so don’t go there. I said nothing about Biden being stellar on this issue. i don’t think he is.

I’m asking what you’d do about it if you were in the the chair? You or Snowstorm

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to lube up to a golden statue of Biden, unlike this board during Trump’s 4 years. :sweat_smile:

I just prefer the decent human being, who doesn’t separate families, or demonize immigrants as rapists. Values I learned early in life, I’m kooky like that. :books:

1 Like

What I wouldn’t have done is send such mixed messaging about coming into the country illegally, you have no doubt seen the pictures of people marching towards the border in Biden T-shirts I imagine. Video’s of illegal immigrants being sent back and saying they would have never tried to come illegally under Trump but did so because Biden had said it would be ok.

I can dig them up for you if you like.

Flip flopping on that is certainly not good. I believe Biden is doing overall job but that does not mean I endorse his every decision. However like mups, I believe Biden to be a humanitarian that is trying to fix the problem.

again I’m asking what people WOULD do differently because that’s a much harder question.

1 Like

I already gave half a dozen things I wouldn’t have done, which Biden did and now seems to have reversed his position on them.

Remember that moment in the debate when every Democrat candidate put their hand up to the question if illegal immigrants should have free health care? I’m sure the illegal immigrants do too. Although to be fair to Biden he was the one person who raised his hand in a way that looked more like he was asking a question.

Remember in the debates when he chastised Trump for saying “don’t come, that’s not who we are, man” or something like that, now he is saying the exact same thing, perhaps he shouldn’t have been trying to score political points in such a way.

Perhaps he shouldn’t have been so quick to score political points by removing Trump polices since it looks foolish now he is putting them back in place days later.

1 Like

And this is the starting point for even having hope of fixing humaniarian issues, a person who shows human empathy and qualities, not a sociopath.

It’s fair to level criticism against Biden of course, assuming that criticism was levied with Trump as well, equally.

Otherwise it seems like emerging from the woodwork to score political points. I think these types stick out.

1 Like

Finding solutions us a lot harder than criticizing.

And on the flip side,

Don’t be a racist
Don’t stoke fear and hate
Don’t separate families

Are solutions in themselves, to someone actively creating problems. And simple enough ones at that.

Sometimes 2D checkers works.

1 Like

The Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Of course they didn’t.

1 Like

Numbers, how do they work?

As the blue line shows, the CBP has recorded a 28 percent increase in migrants apprehended from January to February 2021, from 78,442 to 100,441. News outlets, pundits and politicians have been calling this a “surge” and a “crisis.”AD

But as you can see, the CBP’s numbers reveal that undocumented immigration is seasonal, shifting upward this time of year. During fiscal year 2019, under the Trump administration, total apprehensions increased 31 percent during the same period, a bigger jump than we’re seeing now. We’re comparing fiscal year 2021 to 2019 because the pandemic changed the pattern in 2020. In 2018, the increase is about 25 percent from February to March — somewhat smaller but still pronounced.

The CBP has indeed reported apprehending more migrants in February 2021 than in the same month in previous years. But that too doesn’t mean it’s a surge or a crisis. In the first figure, above, the blue trend line for fiscal year 2021 is above the orange trend line for fiscal year 2019. But 2020 was the pandemic, when movement dropped dramatically. Countries around the world closed their borders. Here in the United States, the Trump administration invoked Title 42, a provision from the 1944 Public Health Act, to summarily expel migrants attempting to enter the United States without proper documentation.

In other words, in fiscal year 2021, it appears that migrants are continuing to enter the United States in the same numbers as in fiscal year 2019 — plus the pent-up demand from people who would have come in fiscal year 2020, but for the pandemic. That’s visible in the first figure, earlier, in which the blue trend line for the five months of data available for fiscal year 2021 (October, November, December, January and February) neatly reflects the trend line for fiscal year 2019 — plus the difference between fiscal year 2020 and fiscal year 2019.

2 Likes

Confucius say, clowns entertain you, you no entertain clowns :grandpa:.

They probably ignore Alex Jones too. Looks like smart people are back in charge.

1 Like

No surprise:

1 Like

A. what does that have to do with border wall
B. If both parties were the same none of you would be whining about election fraud

Then why didn’t they prevent the preventable?

3 Likes

Then what is your solution? Because Wolf’s solution seems pretty pie in the sky:

"He said his staff at U.S. Customs and Border Protection warned the Biden team that it would risk another crisis if it removed those programs.

"CBP would tell them and, in a sense, warn them, ‘If you remove this … this is the consequence for that. We will see a significant uptick,’ " he said.

But those programs were quite controversial and included reports of abuse and misuse. Asylum-seekers lived in squalid camps awaiting a court date. The New York Times reported that the Trump administration expelled some Central American migrants into Mexico.

Wolf said children were flown back to their home countries and received by government officials and taken home."

Good luck with that as an immigration policy. So what would your suggestion be? Continuing to indefinitely detain migrants in inhumane conditions at huge cost to US taxpayers?

I’m not you. I don’t have ready made solutions and feel good platitudes at the ready for any occasion.

And this:

…but maybe Trump’s plan will work… :whistle:

2 Likes

Watched the press conference, wow im confused is he the reason why they all coming ?
He said it was cause earthquakes and floods?
I thought i seen tshirts sayin ol sleepy joe will let us in ?

Hey Joe,

1 Like