Bigger Bike

I just re-read this…and sorry to sound vain…but I’m not buying the grey (silver) bike. I hate grey vehicles…the road is grey the sky is grey (in Taiwan) most buildings are grey…not only is grey boring, it’s unsafe.

I hope to god that info is wrong…Grey bike with yellow (gold) frame? No thank you. I have a feeling it isn’t wrong though…and I could barely sleep last night due to excitement…fuck.

:astonished: spank me?.. sorry I’m not into that brokeback mountain stuff… :wink:

good luck with the bike… to get a loan all you need is a local who trusts you enough to counter sign the loan… ask skylark for more details…

the only Achilles heel I can think of for that bike is Kawsaki’s notoriously hard rear shocks… and the fact that they’re budget items and as I recall only preload adjustable and the forks are not adustable at all, which could be a tricky combination for our rubbish roads… That said there is simply no better deal out there, bang for your buck wise a full blown, faired 650 Kwak for NT$290K is as good as it’s likely to get… there’s enough horsepower for plenty of fun and the torque looks healthy enough too, you even get the coolth and refinement of owning a twin, albeit a parallel twin… and personally I’ve always had a soft spot for “team green”…

colour wise I’m very surprised that some dealer is saying they’ll get the gold frame version, unless they mean silver with the gold frame… We only ever get the US versions of bikes here, so it seems logical that we’ll get the same colur options as Kawasaki USA which is black with red frame and silver with gold frame… but who knows what grey imports could make it here…

I’m up in Taipei all this week for the bike show at the WTC, so I think i’ll go and take a look at the Kwak dealer on GuangFu Rd and see one in the flesh…

[/quote]I just re-read this…and sorry to sound vain…but I’m not buying the grey (silver) bike. I hate grey vehicles…the road is grey the sky is grey (in Taiwan) most buildings are grey…not only is grey boring, it’s unsafe.

I hope to god that info is wrong…Grey bike with yellow (gold) frame? No thank you. I have a feeling it isn’t wrong though…and I could barely sleep last night due to excitement…fuck.[/quote]

That’s what the kawasaki dealer (in Chung Ho) told me…I hope they were wrong too…but the black/gold combination is actually not that bad looking…

anyway Mordeth, got the bike yet?

I did the paper work…but it was too late to process. They’ll phone me on Monday to tell me if the bike is mine or not. The one I they had (that I’m probably buying) is the U.S. version which isn’t called ER-6f…instead it’s called the Ninja 650R as seen in this pic.

Mordeth -
Be careful!

And congrats.

MJB and his buddy…Ironman? Are thinking about buying one as well. Check out this thread in the 650R forum where it talks about different comparisons done between the Ninja 650R and other bikes…the short of it is that the 650R comes out ahead in comparisons…every time!

ninja650.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=837

was having a look at one today in the kawasaki dealership next to my school while they were working on my bike…

not a bad looking bike at all… tho not as eye catching as the twin rocket3s they had on their showroom floor… i wouldn’t complain about owning one though…

I’m leaving the Island tomorrow afternoon. Maybe we can have a look at the bikes in the morning?

Hey boys and girls…curious as to what a 650cc inline 2-cylinder sounds like? Well have no fear, Mordeth is here…with a link: laserexhausts.com/dotcontrol … 584.4006.I

not fond of the stock sound… sounds much better with the aftermarket

nothing beats the sound of a 999 though :wink: and for cars… BP20B NA please…

[quote=“x08”]not fond of the stock sound… sounds much better with the aftermarket

nothing beats the sound of a 999 though :wink: and for cars… BP20B NA please…[/quote]

Yeah…I loved the sound of my CBR…I’m pretty sure this won’t compare. The CBR sounded like a fighter jet…this sounds more like a…cruiser?

The stock sound on the recording might have been purposely made crappier/quieter sounding considering that’s a website that sells pipes to improve the sound.

Stock sounds better to me than the aftermarket pipe. The louder one sounds a bit clunky and the stock sounds smooth.

Well…the bank guy lied to us. He told myself and my girlfriend…and the people at the bike shop that I could be the borrower if I had a Taiwanese co-signer for back-up. But my girlfriend was worried about signing as she needs to borrow some money next year to study overseas…he assured her that she was just a co-signer and that it wouldn’t even show on her record. Some woman from the bank phoned to check some details and told her that she it was my girlfriend that was the borrower…and myself that was the co-signer…and that it would in fact affect her chances of a loan in future.

I told the lying bank guy to take his loan and shove it. To which he lied some more trying to say that her borrowing over 200k wouldn’t affect her borrowing even more than that in a year…which is an obvious lie…especially considering she doesn’t make that much.

So in other words…the bank guy lied to my girlfriend and tried to trick her into taking out a loan in her own name…without her even knowing. But I’m guessing sooner or later she would have seen the paper work, wouldn’t she?

So I told him to forget it. And he didn’t want to let it go…he said he would try to see if the bank would allow me to be the borrower…I guess he gets bonus for the loan or something. Whatever.

I think we should wait a while anyway and see what else comes out. There could be some good bikes waiting around the corner.

Easy to say now while it’s rainning :stuck_out_tongue: . See how you feel when we have our first sunny spring weekend. :wink:

Easy to say now while it’s rainning :stuck_out_tongue: . See how you feel when we have our first sunny spring weekend. :wink:[/quote]

Ironman is sitting on the Gold Coast as he writes this… :wink:

the new zx10r is sexy in black…

and after sitting on a friends gsxr1k (k6)… it was much more comfy than i expected…

0% interest? Oh bugger me, why did you have to mention that? I still have to wait another few months to be eligible for a Taiwan big bike license and now I’ll be twitching until I can get it.

[quote=“Mordeth”]Hey guys!

I almost bought the ER-6f today. No joke. I went to the local Kawasaki dealership…the owner has been my good friend for 5 years and only just recently became a Kawasaki dealership. So I’d like nothing more than to buy from him. He also told me that there is a 0% interest on loans through Kawasaki right now. So even if I didn’t have any money to put down I could get a 4 year loan and the monthly payments would be less 10k. [/quote]

The 0% interest is for '05 models only. And the deal might already be over…it was a limited time offer. I’m thinking I’ll probably get a budget second hand bike…that way the price will be around 240k…and I’ll just borrow a bit from friends and pay cash. I got the papers to fill out to become a Taiwanese citizen. If I do that…then I’ll be able to get a 4 year bank loan and get whatever bike I want. In the meantime I’ll just get something cheaper and more practical.

@ Mordeth and anyone else looking at buying a big bike soon… The industry grape vine has it (accurately it seems, I confirmed it with the Yamaha people I know) that by around May this year, Yamaha will enter the Taiwan big bike market in an official capacity… That means that instead of the ‘grey area’ sales of parallel imports of Yamaha bikes from YMT shops that has been the norm, there will be an official import and sales program, along with parts and warranty backup… most importantly, the prices of Yamaha bikes will on average drop by around NT$50K to NT$80K depending on the model…

Good news if you’re looking at Yamaha’s and more legitimate and offical competition is always a good thing for the consumer, ie. us… :wink: