By all means translate things into English, but

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“Buttercup”]
That’s not from Taiwan, shurely?[/quote]
Simplified characters = big ugly neighbor[/quote]

Maybe it’s in Taiwan but a tourist toilet? For those one in a million chance could have happened to anybody but keeps happening to Chinese tourists exercises in body modification known as a mainland tourgroup bus trip?

that’s a pretty famous sign on the internets. I doubt its from Taiwan. Its funny that’s all

Did anyone ever get their hair done at the Hair Molt?

It’s too late now, because it’s out of business.

brendon and feiren make valid points :bravo: , but they will be ignored. According to the violent majority it is because Taiwanese people are ‘stupid fucking clowns.’ But don’t ask if you like the Taiwanese, because thats a fucking retard question that only a fucking retard like me would ask. How can you judge them all as one? Sure they can be grouped as assfucks, but only within the narrow definitions of a posters post, and most certainly not when one asks for clarification. Only a tit like me would ask someone to explain themselves more.

Shit, I wish I could have the logic of the masses, like some posters round here!

So trying to get this straight: A turd is a turd, unless I ask for it to be defined, at which point it becomes a shit… Have I got this right?

[quote=“TomHill”]brendon and feiren make valid points :bravo: , but they will be ignored. According to the violent majority it is because Taiwanese people are ‘stupid fucking clowns.’ But don’t ask if you like the Taiwanese, because thats a fucking retard question that only a fucking retard like me would ask. How can you judge them all as one? Sure they can be grouped as assfucks, but only within the narrow definitions of a posters post, and most certainly not when one asks for clarification. Only a tit like me would ask someone to explain themselves more.

Shit, I wish I could have the logic of the masses, like some posters round here!

So trying to get this straight: A turd is a turd, unless I ask for it to be defined, at which point it becomes a shit… Have I got this right?[/quote]

Because there’re nothing to discuss about the blindingly bloody obvious troof. People are just chuckling at the funny mistakes. You don’t think hanzismatter.com is slightly funny too?

Are you implying your failure to comprehend the masses is because of your superior intelligence? If so, I feel compelled to point out the fallacious/fellatious nature of your assertion. Or were you saying this as a rhetorical device to show that you do, of course, understand, but as a man of sensibility, refinement and intellect, you must throw your hands up in the air and feign an exasperated non-cogito? Either way, you are, like, SO on your man-period, d00d.

Again looking for the point. What is it with you and logical conclusions to stuff? It has been years now, and you are no nearer to my logical arena than you were on day one. You nearly got it that day it became understood why women hate mens cocks, but it was brief.

‘Logic of the masses,’ means that I am too dumb to grasp the basics. Too dumb by half. I just thought that if you bitched about something all the time it meant you didn’t like it. I have never gotten the social conventions that many seem to adhere to. Nothing good about that. Quite the opposite. It leaves me lonely, baffled and a blight on my family procreation chart. Point highlighted: if a girl calls me smelly it means she wants to see the contents of my undercrackers. Me, I just get huffy, think she is a biotch, and go home to scrub my armpits.

I concede to being on my man period. But I think it is caused by a general calmness of mood, rather than the usual agitation by which I live my day to day existence. If a man period is define as the opposite of a woman period then I am… (insert disgusting metaphor).

Enough of this, we have worried JimiPresley.

Yes, laughing at a sign is funny. Using it as the basis of a diatribe as to why mid to high level Taiwanese management are no-brained fucks is just sad making. Especially when the same diatribe is punched out in topics like: Why don’t the taiwanese… a) eat bread, b) put sugar in their tea, c) swim d) understand my hissy fits? etc. No bash at any one individual, just a question about why people put up with shit they dislike. I understand now that for some people the flob is a pissing post and nothing more.

I’ve forgotton that day. Honestly! Usually, when I say I forgot something, I’m lying because I don’t want to talk to whoever, but this time I really don’t.

Also, you don’t have a ‘logical arena’. Don’t be so British. Things are logical or they aren’t. Your experience may be different, that’s all.

Pregnant?

Tommers, this kind of discourse is what it is. Stupid, mean, bad, whatever. Humans are stupid mean and bad. Absolutely every single one, including myself. But then I’m a Catholic. There’s some good in most of 'em too. They just don’t show it much because of defensiveness and need to be part of the group. Don’t be disappointed, it’s OK. The world turns, but it’s just a circle, not a spiral.

Did anyone see the what was supposed to be “Dry Foods” sign that became “Fuck Foods”? :laughing:

[quote=“TomHill”]brendon and feiren make valid points :bravo: , but they will be ignored. According to the violent majority it is because Taiwanese people are ‘stupid fucking clowns.’ But don’t ask if you like the Taiwanese, because thats a fucking retard question that only a fucking retard like me would ask. How can you judge them all as one? Sure they can be grouped as assfucks, but only within the narrow definitions of a posters post, and most certainly not when one asks for clarification. Only a tit like me would ask someone to explain themselves more.

So trying to get this straight: A turd is a turd, unless I ask for it to be defined, at which point it becomes a shit… Have I got this right?[/quote]

Do you like posters on Forumosa? Why or why not? And that’s all of them, no exceptions for those that you’ve clearly met before, with an explanation that covers every one of them as a group.

you know its funny and stuff to laugh at all the chinglish but we’re just as bad…go to a beach in taiwan (or anywhere in the world) and check out the dick head foreigners with Chinese tattoos…ok they might be “spelt” correctly but it is equally retarded to tattoo yourself with Chinese characters just cos it looks cool. To a Native Chinese speaker it looks stupid. It’s like tattooing random kitchen vocabulary on your body i.e. “spatula” or “fish-slice”.

people is dumb everywhere.

the chieflette’s English teacher at school is a lovely, lovely lady who’s taken great pains to ensure that, despite her English fluency, the kid is still engaged, occupied, and rewarded during class.
Unfortunately, she’s also (ahem) a Christian.
Well, nobody’s perfect.
Except rotalsnart.
Anyways, at Yeastertime, because she has English and speaks well in public, Teacher asked if she would read The Story of Yeaster over the PA for the whole school, in English, like.
So she brought home the transcript.
Sadly, what she had given her was a copy of the All Yeaster edition of one of them Komics for Kristians, where the Bibularical story is told in kid-ish language with comic-style pictures accompanying.
The real problem was that the original Komic was in Cheye-knees and Teacher had translated it to Engie.
There were tons of really inappropriate terms and usages, and, while I wasn’t about to go and edit Mr. Christ’s story, I did have to sit down with Missy and explain how a lot of the words weren’t what we would normally use.
No giant institutionalized incompetence punchline, sorry, it’s just kind of too bad that this lady who is, bless her, trying to do the right thing, hasn’t the wherewithal to do it right.
Not that anybody fuckin died here (well, except Mr. Christ, I guess, but it all turned out OK for him in the end, right?), but you know what I mean.

[quote=“the bear”]you know its funny and stuff to laugh at all the chinglish but we’re just as bad…go to a beach in taiwan (or anywhere in the world) and check out the dick head foreigners with Chinese tattoos…ok they might be “spelt” correctly but it is equally retarded to tattoo yourself with Chinese characters just cos it looks cool. To a Native Chinese speaker it looks stupid. It’s like tattooing random kitchen vocabulary on your body i.e. “spatula” or “fish-slice”.

people is dumb everywhere.[/quote]

Right, well this is kinda my whole point here, in a round about way. People with Chinese tattoos that mean nonsense are laughed at. Small businesses that have a stab at translating their signs are, in my opinion, to be applauded. Even those funny menus with the bizarre translation are appreciated, because they at least give you an idea what you’re ordering. The chief provides another example of someone trying to do their best to translate something into English, not doing a GREAT job, but having their heart in the right place.

My point here is that this is a government-approved slogan. It’s just three words and it would be incredibly simple to get a native-English speaker to give it a quick check. And to further enforce what my issue is here, if the Taiwan government did not pretend English was an official language, then I wouldn’t care.

It’s like when the company I work for was trying to make greeting cards for the US market. For the 4th of July. They were really cute cards, but they were all about aliens invading the Earth. They just didn’t know any better.

[quote=“TomHill”]Again looking for the point. What is it with you and logical conclusions to stuff? It has been years now, and you are no nearer to my logical arena than you were on day one. You nearly got it that day it became understood why women hate mens cocks, but it was brief.

‘Logic of the masses,’ means that I am too dumb to grasp the basics. Too dumb by half. I just thought that if you bitched about something all the time it meant you didn’t like it. I have never gotten the social conventions that many seem to adhere to. Nothing good about that. Quite the opposite. It leaves me lonely, baffled and a blight on my family procreation chart. Point highlighted: if a girl calls me smelly it means she wants to see the contents of my undercrackers. Me, I just get huffy, think she is a biotch, and go home to scrub my armpits.

I concede to being on my man period. But I think it is caused by a general calmness of mood, rather than the usual agitation by which I live my day to day existence. If a man period is define as the opposite of a woman period then I am… (insert disgusting metaphor).

Enough of this, we have worried JimiPresley.

Yes, laughing at a sign is funny. Using it as the basis of a diatribe as to why mid to high level Taiwanese management are no-brained fucks is just sad making. Especially when the same diatribe is punched out in topics like: Why don’t the taiwanese… a) eat bread, b) put sugar in their tea, c) swim d) understand my hissy fits? etc. No bash at any one individual, just a question about why people put up with shit they dislike. I understand now that for some people the flob is a pissing post and nothing more.[/quote]

And just as an FYI, Right Reverend Minister Twatty McTwattleford, I’ve sat at a big dining room table full of Taiwanese immigrants in Vancouver, and take three fuckin guesses, and yeah, the first 2 don’t count, what most of their conversation involves??
Yeah, that’s right, skullfucker, they spend most of their time bitching out Canookislatvia, its government, stupid cultural/behavioural stuff, their (Western) bosses, and the food.
Assburger.

So what was the problem??

Those sound like wicked fuckin cards, I’d love to get one…

Those sound like wicked fuckin cards, I’d love to get one…[/quote]
I’ll send you one for Canadian Christmas.

I don’t see the problem either. Haven’t you ever seen that documentary about Independence Day? It was covered up by the American government, so not many people know about it. They were only able to beat the aliens because Jeff Goldblum is able to turn into a fly. Also James Bond was involved in some way, but that was only covered in a different documentary.

I’ll send you one for Canadian Christmas.[/quote]

Canada has Christmas? When is it?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]

Canada has Christmas? When is it?[/quote]

In the Chief’s hometown of “Redmonton”–it’s practically all year judging by the weather.

[quote]they spend most of their time bitching out Canookislatvia, its government, stupid cultural/behavioural stuff, their (Western) bosses, and the food.
Assburger.
[/quote]
Canooklistanian assburger in Hongcouver? I’d be bitching, too.