California ... a failed state

Americans have the idea that if you are tough on crime somehow that will stop or deter crimes.

There may be some measure of truth but it’s far from the only or the most effective solution.

I think there are a huge number of permanent underclass that may feel the need to commit crimes perhaps because you get free food/lodging in jail, or perhaps they do so out of desperation. Then you have the whole culture thing where people do it to get famous. Kinda like mass shooters getting their 15 minutes by shooting up a school.

If you look at countries with low crimes you will know that tough on crime isn’t necessarily the answer but that they have other factors that contribute to lower crimes. And this includes many European countries where prison sentences are short and prison focuses more on rehabilitation than warehousing.

What America needs is a reexamination of their culture and a way to take care of ALL Americans, not just some of them.

Sure, because lots of countries do that. :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

What a polite, helpful young shoplifter! There’s hope for the younger generation yet. :blush:

1 Like

Apparently just hiring private security isn’t enough after voting in their Soros-backed district attorney, so now all the anti-gun leftists have to go out and buy guns for themselves. Pity, they should reap what they sowed.

2 Likes

Grammar police! Is this right? Where Presley when you need him? :thinking:

Looks OK to me. Were you thinking “soweth” or something?

Figured it was better as “have sown.”

sow sowed sown??

He sowed his oats.

He has sown his oats.

NO idear.

Sew.

1 Like

Stop that, or I shall insist, well, something, and it won’t be good for you, let me tell you.

Yes, teacher… :neutral_face:

We can only do so much.

At least you’re not teaching in California. (thread tie-in)

I thought chaos and crisis were allowed due to the CA nature of the thread.

1 Like
1 Like

A few weeks after the LV shop has been ransacked… Coincidence…?

London Breed is cracking down, cracking down, cracking down
London Breed is cracking down
Because of all the bulls**t

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes