California ... a failed state

one, I’m not a Democrat. two, you still haven’t explained your point with the locked up tools when HD does that everywhere.

1 Like

I wouldn’t publicly admit to being a Democrat now either the way things are going. The real mystery though is why Democrats think they can pull the wool over normal people’s eyes as to what is causing the current crime wave in Portland:

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland City Council has passed the 2020-21 budget 3-1, after failing to pass it last week. Included in the budget are plans to cut at least $15 million from the police bureau, eliminating 84 positions.

The council needed all four commissioners to vote yes to pass the budget last Thursday but Chloe Eudaly voted no, saying the cuts don’t go deep enough. Activists were demanding a $50 million cut to the police bureau. . . .

“If ever there was a time for white people to be quiet and listen…this is that time,” Commissioner Amanda Fritz said. “The city budget is a moral document. It’s also a document that comes from everybody in the city…wondering how they can do their jobs better and wanting to be public servants who serve our communities—all of our communities—the best we possibly can.”

The real mystery is why you’re trying to spin normal Home Depot practices as a political commentary. If I go take a picture of HD tool cages in a county that went almost 70/30 for Trump would that be enough to make you reconsider the point you tried to make with your HD anecdote?

1 Like

Why do you refuse to see QSS’s larger point? You know, the one about prosecution or lack thereof?

2 Likes

“Progressives” have no choice but to pretend it’s not happening. I mean, how do you argue that out-of-control shoplifting and Home Depot turning itself into a locked fortress is “progress” without sounding like a clueless idiot?

2 Likes

And only one party came out in favor of defunding the police.

This isn’t party issue. The issue is cops for some reason won’t go after REAL criminals but will go after people for possessing stuff. It’s been around for as long as the history of America.

You don’t have such problem with shoplifting in Taiwan for example because cops here aren’t trying to act like bosses.

Republicans will simply result in a police force that will arrest anyone who isn’t white to “do something” but won’t actually lock up real criminals.

All the excessive prosecutors who won’t prosecute things like shoplifting… all the anti-police and criminal coddling rhetoric… all the policies resulting in repeat offenders being placed back on the streets again and again… police for me but not for thee… no one is going to be gaslit on this, the receipts are blowing around all over the place like confetti.

3 Likes

I am just glad Americans that smoked weed are locked up. Get rid of the REAL menaces to society!!!

(sarcasm disclaimer, just in case)

Talk about misinformation . . .

Oregon has become the first state in the nation to officially decriminalize the possession and personal use of all drugs.

Voters in the state approved Measure 110 in November, but it officially went into effect Monday. The initiative also expands access to addiction assistance and other health services, offering aid to those who need it instead of arresting and jailing people for drugs.

Measure 110 passed with 55.8% of the vote.

Possession of drugs such as heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine will no longer be punishable by jail time, but instead amount to something similar to a traffic ticket.

The Oregonian has learned that Mexican cartels, including the powerful Sinaloa and the brutal Los Zetas, have infiltrated almost every corner of Oregon. At last count, authorities were aware of no fewer than 69 drug trafficking organizations selling drugs in the state, nearly all supplied by cartels.

Police have taken down drug operations cloaked as a restaurant in Bend and a grocery in Hillsboro. They’ve busted traffickers in Gresham, Pendleton and, in a takedown last month involving 300 officers, in Klamath County. They’ve intercepted shipments from Oregon traffickers as far away as Texas, Minnesota and Florida.

Cartels and their allies control nearly every ounce of heroin, methamphetamine and cocaine flowing into the region, investigators say, smuggling drugs up Interstate 5 by the ton and money back down by the millions. They dominate the marijuana market, tearing up Oregon forests for massive plantations. They exact an unfathomable toll in lives ruined and cut short by drug abuse.

I’m responding to his commentary. Theres been 87bazillion articles and comments about Portland I’ve seen elsewhere. If he wanted to add commentary rather than simply post links to others’ commentary, I might respond to that. As is, his og commentary is based on silly anecdotes that don’t actually support his attempted point at all, so that’s what I’m responding to. :wink: It doesn’t help that he’s now doubling down on the HD “fortress”- he’s holding onto a non point, so I’ll keep pointing out it’s a none point. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You talk as though decriminalizing drugs is a bad thing…

You know Amsterdam does not criminalize drug use, in fact you are encouraged to call an ambulance if you are overdosing.

Soooo… you want a picture of HD tool cages from a almost 70% Trump county or not, and what would that do to your world view? :wink:

I have not seen tool cages down here where I live in South Orange County (admittedly purple, not blue). That is not to say that enforcement of burglaries and other crimes is not lax.
Spray paint is another story.

I don’t think decriminalizing drugs is a bad thing. I think misinformation is a bad thing. That and open borders that allow drug cartels from Mexico to overrun Oregon.

That would be a welcome change. So far you’ve done nothing but make vague assertions without any supporting evidence.

It’s only on the higher end, popular, small tools… go look at the DeWalt hand held power tools and batteries. pretty sure it was a thing in the Irvine area.

And the evidence of your anecdote is where? :wink: But you didn’t answer the 2nd part of the question - if I show you this, what would that change for you? Anything? Would you even reconsider your point regarding the HD cages?

Meh, I find the non prosecutorial prosecution more interesting.

I will take a look next time.