Calling all dads: what gender are your offspring?

In Taiwan, HK and the mainland, the great majority of western-Chinese couples I’ve met have been western men with Chinese women. Nothing really new there. However, a western friend of mine here in HK brought something to my attention that I had never noticed before. He mentioned that for all the mixed couples he’s known in HK (most of them being a western guy with a Chinese gal), their kids have almost always been girls. After thinking about it for a while, I couldn’t remember any such couple that I’ve known that had a son. How about the dad’s around here? What about the mixed couples you’ve known? I’m quite curious about this. Of the dozens of western guy with Chinese gal couples I’ve known, I can’t seem to recall any that had sons. All of the ones that had children had girls. I’ve only known one couple where the guy was Chinese and the woman was a westerner. They had three boys. WTF is going on here?

Two boys…I have been been told that means I am…ummm… strong. Perhaps merge this with the “wang” thread? :blush:

Two boys…I have been been told that means I am…ummm… strong. Perhaps merge this with the “wang” thread? :blush:[/quote]

I have one son… and one of my British friends in Pingtung has 2 sons with his Chinese wife

[quote=“Satellite TV”]
I have one son… [/quote]
I thought it was clear that I meant western dads. Judging from your picture, you don’t look western at all. Interesting complexion you have. :wink:

[quote]Two boys…I have been been told that means I am…ummm… strong. Perhaps merge this with the “wang” thread?
[/quote]

Ha heard that also since my first one is a boy also.

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“Satellite TV”]
I have one son… [/quote]
I thought it was clear that I meant western dads. Judging from your picture, you don’t look western at all. Interesting complexion you have. :wink:[/quote]

It’s the olive skin tone…

Since when does not being Australian of German / Irish ancestry not meet the being western standard?

Hi, I am new here so don’t pick on me or I will tell my mum!

I am English and married to a local and have TWO (2) sons.

You really need to get out more Jive Turkey.

US citizen of German/Swedish ancestry married to woman of Filipino/Guam/Italian ancestry - 2 boys

good friend of mine - married to chinese national - 1 son

wife’s best friend, married to canuck - 1 son

we’re due for a little x-man of our own in 4 months …

so we need some girls out here.

Me = western (US) male

My wife = Taiwanese female

Our offspring = boy

I’m American, Scots - Irish linage, and my wife is Chinese from Taiwan. We have one child, a son.

Interesting that the initial post refers to only daughters but no one yet has posted they have only a daughter or daughters.

Is there a lesson in here somewhere involving anecdotal and empirical or casual and causal?

OOC

I prefer not to know.

Amos has a daughter

Daughter 1 month old

Two boys…I have been been told that means I am…ummm… strong. Perhaps merge this with the “wang” thread? :blush:[/quote]

A hermaphrodite? :wink:

[quote=“Chewycorns”]
A hermaphrodite? :wink:[/quote]

Only on the weekends! :laughing:

To clarify: I have a Taiwanese wife and she is a woman.

Mother Theresa has a daughter, too. Panda even has two of them.

I know a German (wife) - Taiwanese (husband) couple, and they have the two most adorable daughters ever (except for Panda’s daughters, off course!).

Wooo hooo, me too. Well, the second boy arrives in May 2005

We have 2 boys :smiley: :smiley:
("Viking man with Taiwanese wife)

I heard the “local top score” is if you firstborn is a girl, and then get boy(s) - the girl will be the natural babysitter (play with dolls) for the younger boy(s).
Before you start flaming me. This was told to me by a local guy who obviously thought I should have been a bit “weaker” the first time, and then show my “full strength” later :unamused: :unamused:

Twice married Brit, both times with Chinese wifes.

In total two girls and one boy.