Canadian murdered in Yonghe

delete…inspector bovine is on the job

If that’s all they’ve got, I don’t see how they are going to charge him without a confession.

undelete…cool your boots chief, let the case run it’s course

They should be able to beat a confession out of him. Although the guy is ex-Marine. I wonder if he was trained in resisting interrogation.

I like the cut of your jib cow-person.

Taiwan police have a history of making up and forcing confessions, so that wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

This is true. But the evidence does seem to point to him being involved in the murder.

lol no.

has any otner details came out about the drugs? all i’ve seen is drugs drugs drugs but nothing other than marijuana mentioned. its crazy that this can happen over weed, although its understandable his clients would be paranoid due to how seriously its punished here. murder is crazy though.

1 Like

How can we trust any of that evidence though?

The police have an actual reason to want to prosecute a foreigner, so of course they are going to try and make any potential evidence stick. Taiwanese police should never have been able to be in charge.

Special investigators from Canada should have been flown in.

This seems unrealistic to say the least, considering that the crime happened in Taiwan.

5 Likes

It’s not exactly a normal case for Taiwan, and the police simply can’t be trusted.

Foreign ambassadors/representatives should have already got involved to ensure no corruption.

IF he’s guilty, Bent would be an idiot to carry anything with GPS to the crime scene. That’s well within Darwin award territory.

If he’s not guilty, then the GPS data on his phone should show him passing through or near the crime scene, not lingering. He could, however, always claim that he was in the park at the time, heard disturbing sounds, and searched for their source without success.

If his phone shows him lingering in the area, and if the machetes can be linked directly to the murder, then it’s probably game over for Bent.

The police investigators are through and professional. However, they suffer a lot of political / mafia interference. For them it is not a matter of losing their jobs but sometimes their lives. Their bosses are in cozy bed with shady individuals. Someone may have been afraid of Ryan actually getting caught and talking. Police and night club owners involved is SOP. That is why this case is so complex and the name calling and finger pointing questionable.

2 Likes

They could have been accused of pro-Canadian bias, whether fair or not.

No, the only people who should have been brought in to handle this case are Jack Regan and George Carter from England’s finest The Sweeney. They’d have nailed the wrong 'un before last orders.

Their ability to influence an investigation is quite limited. AIT usually takes a basically neutral stance when American citizens are charged with crimes here. At most, they can help you get a good lawyer and facilitate contact with relatives back home.

1 Like

did they actually show the details of how they know this? i don’t think so. they had other evidence before for other suspects. so i’m just waiting this out.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this Bent guy was released in a few days, and a new guy brought in.

2 Likes

I have read that the police are relying on GPS information.

Just as the white bags. Too obvious.

GPS shows him in Zhonghe and he has no alibi. In other places, even that would not stick. But I would not hold my breath on DNA results.

The press keeps pressing the drug angle as the official story.

It seems the Police constantly release every bit of what they learn, in an attempt to look efficient. Most foreign Forces gather evidence to get a clearer picture before saying too much.
I hope all the speculation does not compromise the case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKahkQ-X5r0

5 Likes