Canadian murdered in Yonghe

I think a lot of information released by the press is not accurate.

2 Likes

It is true that police in Taiwan release evidence to the press as soon as they get it.

I doubt the police have anything more than what they have released to the press.

Like Icon said, there is a possibility of future DNA results, so we will have to wait and see.

Any photo of the Russian?

Someone posted it a few days ago, but since he’s not a suspect anymore, it should be deleted.

This is all a bit bizarre to me, being a limey. In Britain pictures of suspects are only shown if they are on the wanted list, or the police are fishing for additional information. That it is standard, and considered normal, here for every suspect’s picture and personal information to be provided to the media seems to me very odd.

Unusual like… black people dismembering other people in Taiwan?

20 posts were split to a new topic: Are the police corrupt?

Police in Europe and America are usually capable of fair and just police work.

What the fuck is with this article

Meanwhile, a third suspect, a U.S. citizen identified by the Chinese surname Sun (孫), who police believe wielded the second machete, is still at large

Knowing that Ryan routinely walked his dog “Lulu” along the riverside park near Zhongzheng Bridge in New Taipei City’s Yonghe District, Bent and his accomplice, who has yet to be identified, allegedly rode bicycles to the area and lay in wait for him.

You identified him in your god damn article, WTF kman

1 Like

Why won’t Taiwan new take this down, it’s not correct information.

This is the most popular article on the site, yet it’s incorrect

3 Likes

I thought it was the role of every embassy to assist its citizens if they are the victims of crime abroad?

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the definition of “assist”.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Are the police corrupt?

:rofl:

1 Like

What a laughable statement. So whenever Taiwanese or other Asian tourists get robbed in Europe or shot in America, the embassies should get invovled as well?

3 Likes

The third suspect has been identified as a Russian owner of a tattoo parlor in Taipei who’s been friends with Bent for several years.

perhaps the police are just looking for the perpetrators who fit these gloves left at the scene, a la O.J. Simpson

1489468959__400x400__

4 Likes

Latest:
The Russian tattoo artist got on a plane to the Philippines the day after the murder. He asked Bent to come with him, but Bent didn’t think the police would be on their trail that soon and decided to stay in Taiwan.

Source? What happened to the third suspect sun

Sun is the Russian’s Chinese name.

2 Likes