Canadian murdered in Yonghe

I’m probably more naïve than I thought. Most chemical precursors are manufactured HERE. Some of them may “fall off the truck” quite easily. Good point @tango42!

Really? My doc tries to slap me like 3-4 sedative, Muscle relaxtors, beta blockers and anti anxiety/depression meds. Pain killers is where it’s ridiculous. Mom had a double mastectomy from cancer and they wouldn’t give her any opiates, only acetaminophen :scream:

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m unfortunately addicted to sleeping pills (at one point, one kind to put me to sleep, one kind to improve deep sleep, one kind to keep me asleep, and another to resolve the interactions among the first three).

I am now on three different pills, but if I’m one day early (due to timing issues), they often won’t let me get the pills. It’s all reported to the NHI, who cracked down on sleeping pills due to people getting several simultaneous prescriptions (Z-class hypnotics, like Zolpidem - Ambien - or Zolpiclone - a supposedly milder version) and selling them. I’ve had sleep walking experiences with Ambien. Scary. Now it’s all computerized.

Ambien is really fucked up. It’s one of the hardest drugs to come off because the withdrawals are so extreme and deadly. It’s not even good for keeping you alseep, just falling alseep. Idk who approved this knowing it’s very addicting and withdrawals are awful and deadly.

But yeah I have a lot of trouble sleeping and I’m like a horse when it comes to sedatives. You can shoot me with a horse tranq and I swear I wouldn’t go down. Benzodiazepines don’t help much unless I take 2-4x the dose in Taiwan. But they don’t give small doses compared to the US. And they don’t work after a few days for sleep. Plus I really need their muscle relaxer qualities or take muscle relaxers when I sleep. I lock up my joint and tense my muscles really badly where I would be painfully sore the next day. Plus the locked jaw and heavy grinding of the teeth where I wake up and my teeth and guts are so painful and sensitive.

The only thing that helps me sleep and not get so tense sleeping is heavy exercise and a busy day. But that’s not always possible so I need a little help.

1 Like

Quickie translation:

Taipei, Yonghe district – a headless male corpse was found, and police went to the rented premises of the deceased on Hsinsheng Rd. in Yonghe. The building is a five-story building, and the deceased lived on the third floor. A search of the premises did not show any signs of a struggle, nor were there any reactions to blood spatter. Initial conclusions are that the murder did not take place in that location. Police found photos of the deceased and his late wife, who died last year, still hanging on the wall. Obviously the pair had a very deep loving relationship. Additionally, the deceased, “Ryan”, was a drug offender, and police had discovered a large quantity of illegal drugs in a search in the past. It is suspected that the murder is the result of a dispute over illegal drugs.

Police say that the building is 5 stories, and the landlord’s father lives on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor has been sold, the deceased lived on the 3rd floor, and floors 4 and 5 were vacant. Neighbors say that yesterday evening about 8 pm, they saw the deceased in the area walking his dog. This morning, the dog, “Lulu”, had returned.

At noon today, two foreign friends came to the deceased’s home. They were looking for him to play video games, but they saw only Lulu the dog in the alley pacing back and forth. The pair took the dog to the riverside to look for the deceased, never imagining that he had been murdered and dismembered there.

Moreover, neighbors also said that the deceased did not normally have very good relationships with others in the area. He had also slashed the motorcycle tires of a neighbor. That is not a foreigner who gets on well with others.

Police say that the deceased was a drug offender. This year in February, the Hsinyi station did drug earches, seixing a suspect with a large quantity of marijuana at a night shop (?). The suspect named Ryan as his supplier. After reporting the incident, the police went to another location in May to do a search but found nothing. However, afterwards 10+ bags of marijuana were found in his car, and in March of this year Yonghe police also went to another residence to search as part of this case. Police said off the record that it is suspected that the murder was the result of a dispute related to illegal drugs. Currently initial investigation suggests that the primary scene was neither the riverside park nor the apartment. Canvassing of surveillance cameras continues. (Breaking News Center, New Taipei City reporting).

6 Likes

dismembered for selling weed? and that other guy who got sentanced slit his throat in the courtroom…weed in taiwan is deadly.

1 Like

Really deadly with a 711 around every corner with the munchies

1 Like

Sad stuff. Like others said, probably some connection to either his wife drowning or small-time drug dealing (or maybe both). I agree the family of the wife should at least be looked into. Could just be a tragic coincidence, but you never know.
Wonder if he was a forumosa poster.

This news article is just par for the course ridiculousness though.

Oh gee. You don’t say. Thanks for the hot take, Taiwan news. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And he was a litterbug, right up to the end.

2 Likes

maybe all somehow intertwined. his wife’s drowning, the drug charges, family holding a grudge, some heidao second cousins, that’s all it needs.

but that’s really some 80s/90s gangster story, can’t think of something similar in the past 8 years.

3 Likes

Good points. I’m just not convinced the in-laws are involved, since a poster mentioned that had a daughter together. I can’t imagine they would deny the child BOTH parents in such a gruesome and public manner. Gang revenge seems most logical, even in a nation that often lacks logic. Sorry to say.

1 Like

There’s some really bad people in the world, so probably not but it’s in the realm of possibility (who was the daughter staying with??).

Reading the article I’m struck by how the guy’s two friends found him. Basically doing the cops’ job for them. So I wouldn’t trust any preliminary theories the police try to settle on just yet.

4 Likes

Thanks to @ironlady for bringing us back to the story. The dismembering sh!t really suggests a message was being sent. The body could have been “disappeared” but it appears it was meant to be found. First guess, gangsters and drug-related territory issues. I hate to suggest the victim was involved in the underworld, but any other explanation scares me!

1 Like

I don’t think they would do this to the neighborhood weed dealer. He’s too small for anything like this unless I’m missing something. No reason to draw heat like a gruesome murder if you’re being profitable drug dealing in taiwan. I had my brushes with the guys bringing in kilos working in entertainment and nightlife and they aren’t stupid enough to do this. This smells of something very personal less business.

3 Likes

And of course the people who reported him dead will as a matter of procedure be studied to see if they are involved

So true! And, unfortunately, we’ll likely never know the truth, just repeating a cycle of speculation. Some facts can be gleaned, sadly, 1. There are people capable of doing this demented activity, 2. Believe it or not, I know for a fact that people will do this for money (more that do a finger or a hand, not outright murder), 3. Taiwanese cops often do a crap job, or close their eyes for gang related crime, 4. Taiwan is not as safe as people claim. USW

2 Likes

Dismemberment seems to be in vogue at the moment. Not necessarily intended to send a message nor premeditated.
Still entirely possible albeit unlikely it was a random act. Or maybe ticked off the wrong druggo, or slashed the wrong guy’s tires.

Jesus… How many people do you know that could do a Mexican gang style dismemberment on a human?? I know nobody capable of this. Those who could do so (keep in mind the physical demands, let alone the psychological burden, of cutting up a body), is either experienced or heartless. I might punch a dude for slashing my tires, but couldn’t manage even cut his hair, let alone an arm!!

2 Likes

I feel like we are all capable, and are a couple situations away from getting to that point. It wasn’t like the Some of the most evil acts committed by people were out of the ordinary monsters. Most of them were just normal people.

agree. just because its drugs the police threw it out i guess but it seems pretty unlikely.