Canadian murdered in Yonghe

‘Twas rumoured that the Mad Hatter , in charge of the Philippines, would not reciprocate the Visa - waiver deal with Taiwan, due to some shady Taiwan drug dealing suspicions . This could have been plucked from any fantasy , but it was the excuse given . So highlighting the problem , as a “ foreigner” issue , would seem to be biased non?

Well, now you have something to which you can aspire.

I think you mean Horatio Alger. Horatio Hornblower was a fictional ship captain.

5 Likes

Both could be used as both came from humble beginnings to men of substance (in the Canadian`s case – substances LOL).

1 Like

Yeah, #keepbackpedaling. Horatio Hornblower’s father was a doctor. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess I am not as grounded in the classics as you are. Lots of reading in a Leduc outhouse I presume. :wink:

On Hornblower as per wikipedia – He has no inherited wealth or influential connections who can advance his career. Seems pretty humble to me for the time period. Both Alger and Hornblower are about upward social mobility. But keep being stubborn.:laughing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Hornblower

Seriously?
Grow the fuck up, man.

2 Likes

K-man on blast: https://newbloommag.net/2018/09/04/canadian-teacher-murder-coverage/

2 Likes

Oz has been arrested in The Phil. Film at 11.

seriously? he has been arrested? that is great news if he has been arrested.

Source, if you please??

2 Likes

EDIT : Have not found out where K-Man copied this from yet :wink: and was he working from a “ tip-off” K man :thinking:?

2 Likes

Last tip off -the man that allegedly saw a suspicious post on Instagram- was cringeworthy.

Time to face justice

Slow down there, big fella.

If he doesn´t get out of therequickly, he will face his Maker, not necessarily justice.

Wait for a trial. Sure he ran, but this case is too murky.

1 Like

Probably the only thing that prevented him from “being shot while resisting arrest” is his American passport.

1 Like

Oz
You’re done, bud.

I’d be interested to know why he was caught at this particular moment and not caught when the PI police supposedly had him cornered a week or so ago, when he used “the chaos created” to his advantage and escaped custody.

Did he run out of bribe money? Did he recently change hotels? Did a television story air that day about this case? Were the PI police tracking him all along and this time successfully avoided creating chaos?

Maybe the answers to these questions have more to do with the Philippine police, but maybe not.