Canadian Politics/News

My point was that if you put Trudeau in a clownsuit and gave him a balloon, there wouldn’t be a whole lot to choose between them.

Wouldn’t want to be a dyslexic person reading her surname over and over in that article.

1 Like

I see more shades of grey in the world. He’s far from perfect, but these two are in very different dimensions

1 Like

It’s possible that Trudeau is an imperfect PM and this woman is a nutcase.

It’s not either / or.

Guy

2 Likes

Of course. I’m being facetious. The underlying principle here, though, is that when a legitimate government abdicates its legitimacy, you get all sorts of nutcases springing up. A garden without a gardener sprouts a lot of weeds.

Aha, the Jones/Maddow/Carlson defence!

My mistake for taking you seriously :neutral_face:

Let us take this moment to appreciate the candour of the mayor of Peterborough, Ontario, who makes this cameo appearance in the above-linked piece in the Guardian:

In a viral tweet, the city’s mayor, Diane Therrien, called the protesters “fuckwads” and told them to “fuck off”.

I almost had a job in Peterborough. I suddenly regret that did not work out. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

I thought it was fairly obvious it was hyperbole. I was serious, but not being literal. Does that help?

In a viral tweet, the city’s mayor, Diane Therrien, called the protesters “fuckwads” and told them to “fuck off”.

Yeah, that was sort of my point. When people like that are running the asylum, the inmates start to think they could do a better job.

More helpful for me to remember that I’m here mostly for entertainment, and who really wears the clown suits :grin:

Is there an Internet Law relating to people who use Trump to derail a conversation?

Trump been in your head since 2016? Wow. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

At least he didn’t reference Hitler.

Guy

I have a very good memory, lots of stuff up there for a long time. I make lots of connections very quickly, it’s very handy. If you can’t remember things from a few years ago, I am also very sorry for you!

Have you seen Sam Harris’s meltdown on Triggernometry? There’s something about Trump that makes people lose all sense of reason, even reasonable people like Sam Harris. It’s just bizarre.

1 Like

derailed-train

I don’t let things in the past take up rent-free space forever in my head, but it’s okay for some.

Shall we make an attempt to get back to the topic at hand?

“A leader will articulate a problem, and then provide those solutions, even if that problem doesn’t necessarily exist. And that is what she’s doing to a group of people who are afraid and who have complete and utter distrust in the institutions of their country.”

Does anyone see any parallels between the first sentence there and the actions of the Trudeau administration over the last few years? Is there anything they might have done to precipitate this “complete and utter distrust”?

1 Like

I have a lot of space up there, but I understand other people are more limited

Last I heard Trudeau was sending “federal employees onto Saskatchewan farmlands to test for nitrogen levels without the consent of landowners”. Lots of countries simultaneously implementing nitrogen level curbs and fertilizer reductions. see here

Who came up with this great plan? It’s didn’t work out too well for Sri Lanka. see here Still everyone seems to be doing it and Canada with Trudeau at the helm is no exception.

1 Like

This is religious-cult nonsense on the same scale as Mao’s “four pests” campaign. What exactly happens if they “test positive” for nitrogen in their soil? Does Trudeau even comprehend that all healthy soils will “test positive” (depending on exactly what test you use - nitrogen testing is a bit of a black art) and therefore the only logical solution to the “problem” is to turn the whole of Nature into a glass parking lot?

Whoever it is, I think we have to seriously consider the possibility that somebody intends to create a global famine, or at least a severe food shortage that will have very predictable social and economic consequences. These are not the actions of sane people.

1 Like