Canadians of Forumosa, I have a question

NEVER! and also find milk bags suspicious, but can be bought for tim horton haha

1 Like

The packaging that most resembles a teat, I like it

Ah no. That’s not how it works. Countries do not bargain over trade and other bilateral relations based on citizenship laws. Didn’t the government advise that non citizens have no rights when it comes to dealing with citizenship laws. They certainly don’t in other countries.

It is a human right to hold one citizenship so I doubt any complaint about dual citizenship would go anywhere but be my guest and try try try.

Mataiou is going to try his own routes for dual citizenship which many of you may not be able to follow should he succeed. If he doesn’t succeed then not much fuss as he can easily resume Italian citizenship should he go with the mere mortal renunciation route.

The LY is for citizens only. Non citizens cannot vote. Same in pretty much any country around the world when it comes to “Federal” type elections.

Given the nice views at your place in the mountains, I could go for that! Thanks for the invite!

Guy

Wait what?!

Guy

Welcome anytime to come catch a breath of fresh air :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will definitely indeed try the Plum Blossom APRC route which would grant me the “senior foreign professional” status which would waive the renunciation requirement for naturalisation.

If not successful, would try then to just appeal to the HRC of the Control Yuan pointing out that there is a different treatment of nationals and some have requirements which others don’t, which tbh is rather unconstitutional.

Will still appeal to the control yuan even if my naturalisation without renunciation succeeds

1 Like

Did you know that if you can get the Plum Blossom card you can naturalize without renunciation? Some people I know have that card. Some people who have Gold Cards might qualify for that. not me though I am just a mere mortal I only qualified for renunciation. Woe is me.

1 Like

Renunciation is good for the soul.

On the other hand it is far more difficult to immigrate to Canada than it is to Taiwan. Also processing time to get an ARC in Taiwan takes a few weeks. In Canada getting PR Visa can take years.

Only because so many more people want to go to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/12/canada-welcomes-historic-number-of-newcomers-in-2022.html

The fact is, Canada allows way more foreign citizens to get Canadian citizenship and with fewer restrictions and hassles.

1 Like

Taiwan is not a country like Canada that has a points system for skilled migrants. Nor does it want the large numbers of immigrants that Canada needs. Taiwan is not looking for immigrants as Canada does. Australia also takes in large numbers of immigrants. In fact if Canada is so great why didn’t I move there? Lots of people from HK would not have moved to Canada except for the fact they fear persecution in HK. After 1997 lots of people from HK wanted to move to any country that would have them. A good thing too as Asians do really well in school and careers.

This is a question only you can answer. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking:

Guy

How many immigrants will Canada take in ten years? A couple of million. Foreign workers does not mean immigrants that get PR and citizenship unfortunately.

Probably too cold for me to live in the frozen lands there after coming from an island where yes we have cold weather for a short period. Often minus 5c to minus 10c in winter where I lived. But not the cold that Canada gets.

The point is, you said it was harder to go to Canada. My reponse is, it is actually easier, but can take a long time because of demand.

Regarding your new point, it is true and obvious that Taiwan doesn’t want immigrants, preferring a declining population and sub-class of migrant workers

The difference is that Taiwan doesn’t want them to stay. Personally I think the Canadian policy of encouraging citizenship is better for the country, and morally there is high ground there as well

Exactly. :laughing: Not sure what this guy was thinking:

Which I think is wrong they should be given PR like anyone else after 5 years here.

Canada though will let me in as a refugee if China attacks. Canada likes its refugees.

1 Like