Cancel Culture Victims

What kinds of music would be acceptable? :thinking:

That sounds like a recipe for disaster :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™d draw the line at smooth jazz and Enya.

1 Like

What about Rap that samples Enya? (Ready or notā€¦here I comeā€¦you canā€™t hideā€¦)

Lauryn Hill always gets a pass.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a whole lot of smoth jazz samples in rap come to think of it, you might run into some trouble thereā€¦

Iā€™m waiting for a rap track with a Kenny G sample. That would be dope.

Rap is like a parody of itself now. Seemed to get ridiculous after about 1992.
I cannot listen to it or take it seriously. I cannot remember the last time I listened to any of the pre 1992 stuff either.

The classics of course.

Off the top of my head I would say the works of the following composers that immediately come to mind.

Beethoven
Mozart
Bach
Wagner
Brahms
Schubert
Tchaikovsky
Stravinsky
Schumann
Chopin
Mendelssohn
Debussy
Liszt
DvoÅ™Ć”k
Verdi
Mahler
Vivaldi
Strauss
Prokofiev
Puccini
Rossini
Gershwin

My favorite Prokofiev.

Do you notice how this little ditty doesnā€™t have any lyrics glorifying homophobia, drug use and sales, alcohol use, sexual misogynistic violence against women, violence against the police, etc?

Conversely, we have a cultural desert of garbage known as hip hop.

ā€œJockinā€™ the bitches, slappinā€™ the hoes. Donā€™t quote boy cause I ainā€™t said shit!ā€

Satire of this genre of crap ā€œmusicā€ is funny, though.

Hmm, Iā€™m not sure about this one. May cause impressionable teens to start exposing their ankles. :grin:

2 Likes

I know he was into psychedelics but Gary Grant - evil man.

I love Enya and smooth jazz is inoffensive background music. I generally just donā€™t allow things with too many swears, explicit sexual descriptions, racism, or misogyny. Rap, hip-hop, and pop are the largest victims of this policy, but some still makes it through, especially pop.

Sheā€™s comically horrible.

1 Like

Great sleep/relax music.

I read To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lottery in 7th grade. Watched the movie of the former in 7th grade as well.

I like hip hop. Great workout ā€œmusic.ā€ Hope it doesnā€™t get cancelled.

1 Like

Neither my kids nor myself fall asleep as easily as Grandpa, so I like some good relaxing music that helps that. I actually have sleep music playlists for about 20 different bands/artists and groups of bands/artists. Enya is one.

I would have horrible nightmares if I fell asleep listening to Enya (or Kenny G), but if it works for youā€¦

2 Likes