Cancel Culture Victims

And this post is a way for me to process how ignoring you will allow me to remain sane.

Yup…how sad that young people are doing bizarre woke forensic examinations of their childhoods to find their victimhood. You got into BU ffs.

Oh Christ, then she can kill childhood in children in real time.

4 Likes

del, didn’t notice your post was october!

1 Like

IDK why but I woke up and this was news. It shouldn’t be, but it’s.

The article btw, by an author apparently angry at even having to notice and respond in public to something so shamefully plastic is high-larious.

That kid is a right cock.

Jimmy Galligan is an 18-year-old college freshman from Leesburg, Virginia. He may also be cancel culture’s Count of Monte Cristo.

Some months ago, Galligan—who is biracial—posted a years’ old, three-second video of a white, female classmate using a racial slur. Galligan had sat on the video for a long time, waiting for the moment it would do the most damage. After the girl—a cheerleader named Mimi Groves—was accepted to the University of Tennessee, the time had come.

“I wanted to get her where she would understand the severity of that word,” said Galligan.

The video depicted Groves, who was 15 at the time, and had just obtained her learner’s permit, saying “I can drive, [slur].” The remark was not directed at anyone in particular. The brief video clip featuring it circulated on Snapchat until it was obtained and saved by Galligan, who had grown furious at how often he heard his white classmates using the N-word.

1 Like

Read that a few days ago, they knew each other from school so not sure if there’s more to the story or not.

I’ll tell you though, if this is the way it is now, I don’t want to hear the word ever, music, comedians or what have you, I’m turning it off. What I hear I might say, that’s how language works people. I don’t even want to use the sanitized version people use, how do I know that’s not going to come back to bite me in a few years? Fuck that word and this bullshit around using it like millions of other Americans, not as a slur, or even referring to it, I never used it even if I heard it a million times from half of everybody and their grandmother.

2 Likes

I have a similar response to the N word. I hate when my high school students said it. However, if you’re black, you can totally get away with it.

Do a million micro-outrages make an outrage?

Nah. He’s entitled because he’s black. He can even use the dreaded word that is so awful cannot be spoken, except of course by blacks.

Free pass. Move along, nothing to see here!

1 Like

How is that word received in the US military these days.

It was not taken kindly to in the 80s. By anyone.

Back in the early 90s I overheard two of my black Marines calling each other “Mah Nigga”. I invited them into my office for a sit down discussion and for them to educate me on the term. I explained to them that as far as I was aware, that the “N-word” was probably the most degrading, racist and demeaning word and should never be used. They explained to me that they weren’t saying “Nigg-ERRRR”,but the friendly and familiar “NiggAAAH” and therefore it was ok and not racist. I then innocently said, “Oh…I get it…that really clears things up for me. So it’s ok for me to say “Niggaaah” when talking to my black friends as a term of endearment, but just stay away from the hard -ER sound!” They looked a bit uncomfortable, looked at each other and sheepishly smiled and then clarified that it was ok for blacks to use the term with other blacks, but it most definitely wasn’t ok for whites to use it…like ever. I then nodded with understanding and then asked them to please refrain from using the word in the office or my presence ever again as I didn’t want it to possibly catch on with any other Marines who might find themselves in a heap of trouble by copying the use of it. Of course, my polite request was actually a lawful order, so it was obeyed and I never heard that word used in my office again.

For the record. I really hate that word and I can’t stand the cavalier use of it in rap or hip hop music, etc. Just let that word die as well as honky, cracker, etc.

Can’t we all just get along?

5 Likes

I think we pretty much already DO get along. Some people simply like to kvetch.

4 Likes
1 Like

Of course they would, only a matter of time.

1 Like

This is probably one of the most outrageous ones I’ve seen yet
A video game streamer’s face is used for some popular meme on Twitch. Now that he has been convicted of thoughtcrime, that organisation is attempting to unperson him.

He gets to keep the face though, right?

Oh oh! Mahjiang has been insulted. Cancel all the offenders!

2 Likes

They should sell an “authentic” set that comes with a sixpack of Tsingtao and a stained wifebeater.

5 Likes

Removing an emote in “unpersoning” someone? Seriously? THAT’S the most outrageous to you? Ferfugsake.

A post was merged into an existing topic: From Cancel Culture