Carnegie's - the "chat" thread

Oh dear Mr. Smith, how wrong I was. I really had thought that Republicans were fun-loving, out-going gregarious types who enjoyed all that you intend to campaign against. Nevertheless, I suspect that your ‘covert casings of the joint’ (we don’t allow drugs, by the way) will be conducted over a long period of time with each casing ultimately proving to be inconclusive. I think you should drink some more Wolf Blass. :slight_smile:

Well TpeBob:

If drinking lots of Wolf Blass is necessary to maintaining my cover effectively than count on me to do a very thorough job of it.

Spent many a Sunday morning thru afternoon thru night sitting out there getting s**tfaced because of their all-day happy hour prices.

Brunch is good too.

Can one watch this spectacle within this establishment? Or The Tavern? Where?
Be Lucky!!

Been here once, and it was alright except for their choice of music. Too much American 80’s pop and other crap like that. (I say crap because I don’t like it. Not to offend anyone who does.) :smiling_imp:

DId I read somewhere that Carnegies is a free wireless hotpoint? Please advise. I can’t find where this was mentioned. Thanks!

No we don’t have a wireless internet ‘thing’ yet but I will look into it and let you know. Thanks for bringing it up.

Cheers,

Bob Marshall
General Manager
Carnegie’s Taipei

Thanks Bob. I was going to go down there a few hours before I’m supposed to meet some friends and bring my computer so I can get some work done.
Let us know if and when you get it. :slight_smile:

Hexuan:

“Operation Mustard Muster” will be launched this afternoon. No guarantees but a thorough recce of deli shelves will be carried out and any Coleman’s jars found there to be languishing will be rounded up and brought in for consumption.

Cheers,

Bob Mustard
General Manager
Coleman’s Taipei

Good one, Bob.

By the way that house red was excellent. A certain tall English ex-HK bar manager was remarking at the weekend it’s the best drop of vino he’s had in a boozer in Taipei. Praise indeed !

Taipei Bob, if you want some Colmans from HK, Ill be back in a couple of weeks.

Perhaps Messr. Hex could remind me?

HG

With the mustard?

erh yes, with the mustard.

HG

HG: If I fail in the task I set myself for this afternoon, I’ll get back to you with quantities. However, I can only accept Coleman’s English Mustard bought from the Mui Wo branch of Wellcome as it is of superior quality than that bought in Kennedy Town, Causeway bay or anywhere else on Hong Kong Island.

Cheers,

Bob

And thus it shall come to be.

Mui Wo Wellcome . . . not Park n Shop!

Back on the easter weekend with Mr Colman in tow.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]And thus it shall come to be.

Mui Wo Wellcome . . . not Park n Shop!

Back on the easter weekend with Mr Colman in tow.

HG[/quote]

When is Easter?

Would be nice to see you while you’re in Taipei… I understand you’ll be busy. But, it would be nice to see you. Maybe it would be easy to kill lots of fowl with one stone and just advertise when you will be visiting Carnegies… then we could all go there (all of us who would like to see you) and see you at one time.

Good to catch you too. what say we Sunday brunch on the 11th of April at Carnegies? I’ll supply the Colmans. That happens to be Easter Sunday, they have holidays for such things here in HK.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Good to catch you too. what say we Sunday brunch on the 11th of April at Carnegies? I’ll supply the Colmans. That happens to be Easter Sunday, they have holidays for such things here in HK.

HG[/quote]

That works for me.

Brunch into lazy afternoon drinking, eh?

Yes Sunday April 11 works fine for me. He who posts as “Dog” is in Lahdahn, text him for mustard.

[quote=“TpeBob”]
“Operation Mustard Muster” [/quote]

um…morphed into “Operation Beer Bucket”…again; so OMM failed. I shall try again but just as a safety precaution all efforts to locate Coleman’s Mustard are appreciated and if anyone can find any before I do, please let me know.

Most Humbly

Bob