Chi-ghanistan

Well, I figured you’re new to posting here…maybe…and I should at least try to show some of the posting ropes. Like if you make a blanket statement, you’ll be asked to provide a link. It’s snot my job to circle back and ensure you’re on to something. :wink:

cheers

1 Like

It’s not my job to spoonfeed you knowledge you could have verified in five seconds while you wasted 10 minutes here. This isn’t a research periodical. I’ll say what I want and believe what I want based upon my interpretation of reality. Feel free to try and prove me wrong, but I’m under no inclination to prove something I already know is right.

:joy:

You do you. But know that this is a forum, not your facebook page. No one cares what you think you know. :upside_down_face:

I’d have it no other way.

And I’d never have a FB/IG or any other social media page. I’m an old school forums kinda guy.

https://cisac.fsi.stanford.edu/mappingmilitants/profiles/afghan-taliban

Thank you.

IDK if the links provide the evidence your statement needed though…for me anyway. The way they conduct business is not what I would call “popular” and the “support” the local Pashto folks show appears to fall under the umbrella of self preservation. :idunno:

The Taliban sends cadres to villages to identify and negotiate with tribal chiefs and ethnic leaders susceptible to recruitment, offering power, status, or money, according to Ted Callahan, a western security expert based in Afghanistan. The militant group also sends preachers and established religious school officials to propagate its message. Callahan said that the Taliban has tried to expand to sympathetic ethnic groups. “The Taliban has done a really great job of getting the message right, tailoring it to that specific group and their grievances, and then at the same time giving them a large degree of operational autonomy within the Taliban movement,” said Callahan.

Sounds like the mob tbh

At the very least you’ll see that 3/4 of their leadership is Pashtun.

I agree that it could be seen as mob rule. My reason for posting was that I don’t think anyone can say the Taliban has no legitimate claim to Afghanistan. There is definitely some legitimacy there.

They are the ones fighting for it. I’ll have to reread the article though. I thought it was 1/4 of the leadership is Pashto.

Now, non-Pashtuns make up around one-quarter of the Taliban leadership council and its various commissions. In January, at least three non-Pashtuns were inducted to the leadership council

BEIJING, Aug 6 (Reuters) - The Taliban cannot be trusted to keep their promise to China not to harbour Islamist militants seeking separatism in its Xinjiang region, Afghanistan’s ambassador to China told Reuters, a week after China hosted Taliban officials.

:popcorn:

Hammer, meet nail. And the fun part is that it works both ways.

you mean, neither side can be trusted?

Obviously that, but I was thinking more along the lines of both sides have loads of monkey wrenches.

1 Like

been up to a lot of DIY at home lately JD?

Yes, but mostly rehabbing old chairs.

1 Like

well, isn’t that just the cat’s ass

That’s a Taiwanese rescue ass I’ll have you know. Shout out to @Dragonbones …yes, she is still around and via cat dementia I suppose acts younger and younger as the Suns sets.

2 Likes

It looks like soon the Taliban will rule all over Afghanistan again. Seems like the Afghan forces don’t deserve the name, after all that Western training and gazillions of money spent by the US and other nations trying to fix the problem. Good look dealing with the Bans, China.

As long as they’re facing the right way, no one cares. I think the US has proven that we can stay in country for twenty years and not run out of money or guns and that really was the point.

1 Like

All that does is breed another generation of anti-American sentiment though. I’d rather see that money spent on infrastructure or on research projects like the good old days of government funding.

1 Like

it was basically a taliban spa, they signed up when they wanted a rest and some hot meals. pocket the ammo and back out to see the boys after a few months!

1 Like