China sentences Canadian to death

Wooo like acne medicine? I hear they have aspirin too. Freaking sick!

Really don’t have an issue with any of that. Like you said, like aspirin. And it’s people’s own choice and not like something that’s mess up your life.

But they are absolutely turning a blind eye to synthetic drugs that are crazy bad for you that’s so cheap it targets vulnerable people and ruins lives. It’s not like weed Or even cocaine which is like not as bad for the majority of people without heart conditions and drug addiction.

Yea know there is a spate of synthetic highs. And I know its bad.

Jeeze man, let me have a sarky comment or two! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In 2014 I lived in Florida for a bit. They have been hit hard with bath salts and this thing called flaka. Maybe they’re the same thing? I’ve seen people drunk, high on weed, heroin, coke and even meth which is crazy enough. But that synthetic was making people crazy. Like zombies, I don’t know how else to describe what I saw.

Steroids are not meth why even bother comparing the two. Most meth comes out of the Golden Triangle area, especially Burma, but a lot of the raw ingredients come from Taiwan such as the pseudo ephedrine. Why are you putting steroids into the same class as Meth ampetamine ? It’s not illegal for Chinese pharmaceutical companies to produce medical grade steroids.

Yea I think substance abuse in general is bad news. A lot of the new stuff is totally unknown as to its effects, but is still legal for a time each time. People don;t even know what it is they are taking. Wierd world we live in eh

I’m not. I’m explaining how the drug manufacturering situation works there.

ok

Don’t really understand your point. I was just saying that, since most of the planet (excluding the US) doesn’t treat steroids as either a social problem or a legal/political Big Issue, it seems odd that yer average drug dealer isn’t taking THAT route to a comfortable income. Why take such massive risks smuggling drugs that attract a death sentence when you could make comparable profits selling stuff that’s semi-legal to - I suspect - a market that’s just as large as the one for coke and meth?

1 Like

I’ve learned quite a bit tonight about drug manufacturing and steroid use.

Now that would be rational thinking for sure.

Well, yes, but the guy in question is so stupid he carried a drug conviction with him to a country that has the death penalty for drugs. He then tried to set up a massive drug deal.

2 Likes

The market is different. Drug addicts are more desperate and will look for what they can find at the moment.

so, will the Commies send the bill for the bullet to his parents back home?

The danger of a retrial indeed

Which is preposterous. In any normal legal system the sentence cannot be increased in appeal (unless there are exceptional grounds), though I guess China is not normal.

According to you Taiwan must be abnormal too.

And don’t forget our good ‘friend’ Zain Dean

2 Likes

I get that, but … well, just thinking out loud here, hypothetically speaking, it seems like selling juice is far simpler than selling weed or meth, if the wholesale side is as unregulated as you say.

The fact that the buyers for addictive drugs are so erratic/irrational is a big downside. People like that are a pain in the ass, which is one reason you want several layers of middlemen between you and them. The marketing for steroids OTOH is going to be the same as any other lifestyle product: the customer is looking for a quality item at the right price, and he’s going to be fairly clued-in about what he’s buying, what he intends to do with it, and how much he’s going to need. That’s a good customer.

The biggest upside is the small quantities involved. Say you’re importing Chinese stanozolol in bulk and have a local lab to put the stuff in ampules. I’m guessing that in itself would be basically legal in most countries, but even if it weren’t, you’d be talking fist-sized import quantities. The average non-professional user might want a couple of grams per year, and he’d happily pay a few hundred $ for that (I’m just guessing here - I have no idea what the current street price is). 3 or 4000 mail-order customers would bring you $1m a year, of which maybe 30% would be costs, and you’d only need 3kg of raw product on hand. How much bulk meth would you need to shift, and with what personal risk, to get an equivalent return?

Like I said, purely a thought experiment. Since I know little or nothing about the sharp end of either the drug trade or the steroid trade, I may have some big holes in my fagpacket calculation, but it seems to me the would-be big boys really haven’t thought this through.

The British invaded, and shortly occupied, parts of Persia during WWI, in order to secure a route between Russia and British colonies.

Both were appealed by the prosecutor. That principle applies to suits appealed by the defendants. :roll: