China surrounding Taiwan now...Is this for real?

It’s laughable how delusional some could be. People think that Xi will just rain money down on them for helping the cause. If you’re not useful as a key to maintaining power in the aftermath, you get nothing.

The CCP is not a holistic benevolent organisation that rewards all good deeds. They will drop you even if you contribute to their revolution if you fail to be useful in keeping it.

Obviously this is directed to the in general you and not you you in particular.

3 Likes

I should have added. Takeover of Taiwan by China isn’t a view that my wife or I share.

3 Likes

Let me take a wild guess—they are living in the US while also collecting a Taiwan pension?

Guy

1 Like

No. Living in Taiwan. One of them collects a partial military pension.

1 Like

Yes of course they do.

If they yearn for Chinese rule, they can go there to live. Just leave the rest of us out of it!

Guy

4 Likes

Lots of military planes active in Taitung this morning. Glad to hear the ++ explanation.

I guess this was done on purpose to raise the profile of the armed forces.
They are going to do it three more times , no exact time mentioned.

蔡英文說,下次有聽到、看到軍機從天上飛過,或在各種場合遇到國軍弟兄姊妹時,請別忘了跟他們打個氣!下次預演時間為9月29日、10月6日及10月8日。

2 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

Only if the spice could be made anywhere.

What % of Citizens in Taiwan do you think supports a Chinese takeover?

Those three old guys in Wanhua. The guy with the China flag of course. And the mad lady that gets arrested all the time.

Anyone else?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Fuck dat horse.

He looks even creepier after his plastic surgery. :hushed:

To think I once faced off against him in a foot race.

Should’ve tripped him when you had the chance.

At 8:30 pm local time, DW will present a special Close up program about the possibility of China attacking Taiwan.

So since @Icon is posting this, in 11 minutes we’re going to find out that China is already attacking us?

2 Likes

Oh I think it might be a replay of the one they played 3 weeks ago, but they advertise it more tragically/dramatically.

1 Like