Chinese New Year season how does it feel?

How does it feel?
I’m about ready to take a baseball bat downstairs and knock some heads in. Why the hell do they have to do firecrackers and fireworks so friggin late? Absolutely no consideration for anyone but themselves. I’ve a toddler who is sick, trying to get to sleep and a newborn who is also trying to sleep.

I get it’s part of tradition. Fine. Just do it earlier and not into the late night and early morning. This is fucking ridiculous!

Well, army got nothin’ on that. Take that you ghost motherfuckers!

More fireworks started at 12 central Taipei.

Parenting can be tough, but it gets easier :grin:

2 Likes

If you haven’t tried…get a fan and turn it on to the highest speed in the newborn and even toddler’s room(s).
The sound is kind of like what the baby hears in its mother’s womb. Soothing to the baby.

1 Like

fireworks ain’t bothering me at all. now concrete smashing drills at 2am makes me literally want to pull out the sniper rifle.

What the hell!?
Call the cops for that.
I believe 7pm is the curfew for construction work.

why would anyone work on CNY eve? o.O

Its more fun late, after you finished dinner, had some few drinks, etc. and head out to fire up those gigantic fire crackers(preferably in the alleys for maximum sound and echo)

its for one of the new MRT lines so they work at all hours. yea i thought about calling the police but i also wondered why does nobody else do anything…? surely i’m not the only one on this super busy street that likes to sleep before 2am. btw this was not yesterday.

Noticed this hongbao tracking board in the hallway of a building. Shows how much each in the building gave to building staff.

Seems like the only number avoided was four. Anything else OK with minimum of 2000.

20190204_162809

Edit: It’s on the wall near the security guard window so I guess authorized by building. Residential/commercial upper middle income, parking lot full of BMW/Benz nice building central Taipei.

You have got to be kidding…
Who publicly put that up?
Only time I know this happens is the wedding couple recording the amount they get from each guest, and it’s certainly not made public.
That’s a fuqqed up building to live in.

It’s on the wall near the security guard window so I guess authorized by building. Residential/commercial upper middle income, parking lot full of BMW/Benz nice building central Taipei.

Yeah, 4 is avoided for hongbao for the same reason it is avoided for hospital floors.

Agreed. Really not classy, to say the least.

The local supermarket sells Gordon’s gin, but not tonic water.

This feels like Purgatory.

3 Likes

But you know what happens when you have too many :joy:excommunication :wink:

1 Like

Have you not been allowed back in yet?

1 Like

This is no laughing matter. I feel the gods are punishing me.

1 Like

I wasn’t that bad.